Resurfaced Driveway, Go Concrete Designs

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 08:53 AM

Default Resurfaced Driveway, Go Concrete Designs

We've just experienced an unusual situation while dealing with a Florida contractor. They exceeded our expectations. We just had our driveway resurfaced by Go Concrete Designs and from the get go we were pleased. No money down, pay only when the job is done. Five workers arrived Monday and spent the day grinding off the painted surface down to bare concrete. The next day a masonry slurry was spread and then their artist Angel and Nacho went to work free handing a flag stone pattern in the partially set re-surfaced material. After two and one half days, we had a new driveway and side walk and through it all, the contractor exceeded our expectations. Their laborers were on time every day, worked very hard with no time wasted, they continually keep the work area clean, all edges of the treated areas were trimmed and neat. Test panels were made so we could actually test and see the color schemes of what was chosen. We can't say enough about the good job this contractor did. Life is good!

Old 01-23-2015, 10:00 AM

I totally agree. Go Concrete Design completed our driveway last week and will return in three weeks to do our lanai. Ditto to everything said by above comment.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:48 AM
Sage

And I wouldn't call that an unusual situation. We've only had one "mishap" with all the work we've had done on our house in the last three years.

Everyone else has been on time, acted in a professional manner, responded to any problems promptly. The latest was Alexander Tile and Marble--great job. Jamie's Landscaping, also great job, and continues to help us outwith additional small work two years later. Sun Kool--great people to deal with! The people who bricked our front walk--Paradise Pavers (I think). I could go on...

We are very pleased with the quality of work we receive here.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:49 PM
Veteran member

Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
And I wouldn't call that an unusual situation. We've only had one "mishap" with all the work we've had done on our house in the last three years.

Everyone else has been on time, acted in a professional manner, responded to any problems promptly. The latest was Alexander Tile and Marble--great job. Jamie's Landscaping, also great job, and continues to help us outwith additional small work two years later. Sun Kool--great people to deal with! The people who bricked our front walk--Paradise Pavers (I think). I could go on...

We are very pleased with the quality of work we receive here.
You've been very lucky is all I can say. In 12 years here we've had some horrible jobs done on our property and have had to have things redone costing us thousands. Lately we have found some really good people. But I would have to say the ratio of bad contractors to good around here is about 50/50. To be honest it wasn't tillI discovered TOTV a few years ago that I finally had a source for good recommendations. This site is great!
Old 01-23-2015, 01:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhdleo View Post
You've been very lucky is all I can say. In 12 years here we've had some horrible jobs done on our property and have had to have things redone costing us thousands. Lately we have found some really good people. But I would have to say the ratio of bad contractors to good around here is about 50/50. To be honest it wasn't tillI discovered TOTV a few years ago that I finally had a source for good recommendations. This site is great!
I think we have had the benefit of being a relative newbie and using this forum to search out the good from the bad. It's helpful when people like dplars post about a good job, but also when people who have had bad jobs report those in a level-headed manner.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:14 PM
Veteran member

Every contractor I've used from TOTV recommendations have turned out fine.

The one that was not a TOTV recommendation, a lawn service, was fired and replaced.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:36 PM

I tried to chose my words carefully in my original post. I have been burned a few times down here......and up there in my other life. So true is the old saying "First time shame on you, second time, shame on me". Yes, this web site is great for "atta boys or aw @$#!&'s" Keep on posting!
Old 02-02-2015, 02:53 PM

I recently asked about this contractor because we were thinking of having them do work for us. I'm so glad to hear that you had a great experience with them because they're scheduled to do our driveway at the end of the month. Thanks for the review!
Old 02-02-2015, 02:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I think we have had the benefit of being a relative newbie and using this forum to search out the good from the bad. It's helpful when people like dplars post about a good job, but also when people who have had bad jobs report those in a level-headed manner.
CFrance I think you're absolutely correct in that. Most of our really bad work was early on when we moved here.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:03 PM
Veteran member

I have a question, has anyone used this company and their product not so recently and can relate how the product holds up over time? Also if you had issues did they fix it to your satisfaction in a timely manner?
Closed Thread