Resurfaced Driveway, Go Concrete Designs

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2015, 08:53 AM
Default Resurfaced Driveway, Go Concrete Designs

We've just experienced an unusual situation while dealing with a Florida contractor. They exceeded our expectations. We just had our driveway resurfaced by Go Concrete Designs and from the get go we were pleased. No money down, pay only when the job is done. Five workers arrived Monday and spent the day grinding off the painted surface down to bare concrete. The next day a masonry slurry was spread and then their artist Angel and Nacho went to work free handing a flag stone pattern in the partially set re-surfaced material. After two and one half days, we had a new driveway and side walk and through it all, the contractor exceeded our expectations. Their laborers were on time every day, worked very hard with no time wasted, they continually keep the work area clean, all edges of the treated areas were trimmed and neat. Test panels were made so we could actually test and see the color schemes of what was chosen. We can't say enough about the good job this contractor did. Life is good!
Old 01-23-2015, 10:00 AM

I totally agree. Go Concrete Design completed our driveway last week and will return in three weeks to do our lanai. Ditto to everything said by above comment.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

And I wouldn't call that an unusual situation. We've only had one "mishap" with all the work we've had done on our house in the last three years.

Everyone else has been on time, acted in a professional manner, responded to any problems promptly. The latest was Alexander Tile and Marble--great job. Jamie's Landscaping, also great job, and continues to help us outwith additional small work two years later. Sun Kool--great people to deal with! The people who bricked our front walk--Paradise Pavers (I think). I could go on...

We are very pleased with the quality of work we receive here.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:49 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
And I wouldn't call that an unusual situation. We've only had one "mishap" with all the work we've had done on our house in the last three years.

Everyone else has been on time, acted in a professional manner, responded to any problems promptly. The latest was Alexander Tile and Marble--great job. Jamie's Landscaping, also great job, and continues to help us outwith additional small work two years later. Sun Kool--great people to deal with! The people who bricked our front walk--Paradise Pavers (I think). I could go on...

We are very pleased with the quality of work we receive here.
You've been very lucky is all I can say. In 12 years here we've had some horrible jobs done on our property and have had to have things redone costing us thousands. Lately we have found some really good people. But I would have to say the ratio of bad contractors to good around here is about 50/50. To be honest it wasn't tillI discovered TOTV a few years ago that I finally had a source for good recommendations. This site is great!
Old 01-23-2015, 01:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhdleo View Post
You've been very lucky is all I can say. In 12 years here we've had some horrible jobs done on our property and have had to have things redone costing us thousands. Lately we have found some really good people. But I would have to say the ratio of bad contractors to good around here is about 50/50. To be honest it wasn't tillI discovered TOTV a few years ago that I finally had a source for good recommendations. This site is great!
I think we have had the benefit of being a relative newbie and using this forum to search out the good from the bad. It's helpful when people like dplars post about a good job, but also when people who have had bad jobs report those in a level-headed manner.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:14 PM
Veteran member

Every contractor I've used from TOTV recommendations have turned out fine.

The one that was not a TOTV recommendation, a lawn service, was fired and replaced.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:36 PM

I tried to chose my words carefully in my original post. I have been burned a few times down here......and up there in my other life. So true is the old saying "First time shame on you, second time, shame on me". Yes, this web site is great for "atta boys or aw @$#!&'s" Keep on posting!
Old 02-02-2015, 02:53 PM

I recently asked about this contractor because we were thinking of having them do work for us. I'm so glad to hear that you had a great experience with them because they're scheduled to do our driveway at the end of the month. Thanks for the review!
Old 02-02-2015, 02:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I think we have had the benefit of being a relative newbie and using this forum to search out the good from the bad. It's helpful when people like dplars post about a good job, but also when people who have had bad jobs report those in a level-headed manner.
CFrance I think you're absolutely correct in that. Most of our really bad work was early on when we moved here.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:03 PM
Veteran member

I have a question, has anyone used this company and their product not so recently and can relate how the product holds up over time? Also if you had issues did they fix it to your satisfaction in a timely manner?
Old 02-02-2015, 04:14 PM
Veteran member

We used Go Concrete Design for a large project in our back yard. I absolutely mirror exactly what the OP said! I was amazed how smoothly the project went. David, the owner couldn't have been better. His employees are prompt, polite and know what they are doing. So far, so good on the product holding up. It's been about 7 months.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:20 PM

I don't know Concrete Designs, but Custom Ram Designs are great! See their Internet Site.

BTW, if you're looking for a general contractor (GC), AND you have plenty of time and don't care about if the GC completes on time, is detail oriented, & makes sure the products you want arrive on time, & are correctly ordered & inspected, then hire Corban Construction. Corban missed it's deadline on the addition, had to be constantly reminded of contractual requirements/specifications, and delivered and installed defective or damaged products that had to be re-ordered and installed--16 wks on a 10-12 wk job.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:36 PM
Default Corban Construction--Word to Wise--Be Aware & Alert

Corban Construction doesn't do good work, keep its word, and is just as bad. They didn't follow the architectural drawing plans that the ARC and Bldg Dept approved. They were inattentive to details of the plans, the written contract, and the work. The work was unsupervised, not checked for quality or completeness after steps in the projects were "finished," failed to meet timeframes for ordering the contracted upgraded items which caused construction delays and errors in construction, and damaged and poor quality products were installed and then, after I argued, they were removed and replaced. The job took five months, but was supposed to be done in two. In the end, to complete the project, I had to hire separate contractors to fix issues Corban couldn't or wouldn't fix to finish the project.
Bad, bad, bad job. Beware this company.
The owner, Paul Caruso, seems like a good man, but the work he does/has done doesn't measure up at all.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Go Concrete did our lanai and front potch in july or august. Most beautiful in ALL of TV, IMHO!!! We have not noticed any change or deterioration, but ours is under cover. If i win the lottery, i will pull out all flooring in the house and have Go Concrete finish all floors. That is how happy i am.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:50 AM
Thumbs up Go Concrete Designs - A Quality Company

Go Concrete recently did our driveway and lanai. Unlike some other highly advertised cement design companies, this company is A+ rated with the better business bureau of Central Florida. Since our work is new I can't answer to how it holds up over time, but I can tell you about the process and dealing with the owner and workers. Alan is the person who comes out and quotes your job. He's personable, knowledgeable and takes plenty of time to answer your questions. He came out to our home twice. Just before work was to start we had some concerns and the owner of the company actually came out and spent about a half hour with my husband and resolved our concerns. The actual installers are wonderful. They will work with you until your satisfied, no matter how long it takes. Unlike some other companies who try the color sample on your actual designed driveway or lanai, Go Concrete makes up sample boards and uses them to work with you for colors. This makes sense, because if you're doing the color sample on the actual project and you go too dark, now its harder to adjust. The crew is extremely neat and has a great attention to detail. They put up plastic to protect your wall and doors. Your rocks or mulch is pushed back so no product gets on them. Before pushing the rock or mulch back they actually paint the sides of the driveway so that if the rock/mulch moves you still have the color everywhere you can see. They mixed up some extra grout paint and left it with us in case they needed to come back to touch up. They did that so they would be assured of an exact color match. I can't say enough positive things about this company. I'm an extremely exacting person and they worked with me until everything was exactly as I wanted it. They did it with professionalism, personality, exactness and neatness.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.