In-home Physical Therapy after broken hip

Closed Thread
Old 11-06-2023, 06:34 PM
Default In-home Physical Therapy after broken hip

Any suggestions for in-home physical therapy after a recent broken hip?
Old 11-07-2023, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Your physician should have a company’s they are familiar with. You also need to find out who your insurance company approves of.
Old 11-07-2023, 09:25 AM
Sage

My first broken hip happened in South America and was repaired surgically but rehab was not available. In fact, when I was released from the hospital the trauma doctor visited me on our sail boat some days later and found me out of bed. He strongly advised that I must remain in the berth and not move about, not even move a few feet to the head.

However, the day I had arrived home to our marina, a physio therapist from England visited me on her last day in country and convinced me that in both England and the U.S., the culture of care demanded exercise and that I needed to seek same immediately; otherwise, I'd never recover. A physical therapist friend in Texas emailed me exercises to do and I gradually got mobile enough to board a flight home to get a misplaced screw removed and go to physical rehab.

So, the critical thing is to seek exercise without delay, and like Asian3 said, the source should be your doctor who can match a home rehab service to your insurance.
Old 11-07-2023, 09:39 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,940 Times in 742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinville58 View Post
Any suggestions for in-home physical therapy after a recent broken hip?
Your discharge protocol should have this already set up with patient coordinator which facility were you discharged.
Closed Thread

Tags
in-home, physical, therapy, broken, hip

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.