Can we reopen the Pickleball courts, please.

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2020, 01:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I know of three other communities that never shut down their pickleball courts throughout the whole Florida lockdown.
Three, out of all the communites in FL you know three? They publish the golf courses, all of them, maybe PB should do the same? They should also include the number of players, the golf community does publish the number of rounds. I just have a difficult time knowing that some of the smartest people in each State make these decisions yet users throw all that out because it doesn't meet their needs.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-14-2020, 06:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Three, out of all the communites in FL you know three? They publish the golf courses, all of them, maybe PB should do the same? They should also include the number of players, the golf community does publish the number of rounds. I just have a difficult time knowing that some of the smartest people in each State make these decisions yet users throw all that out because it doesn't meet their needs.
Just my personal knowledge. Don't need to be jumped all over. I was just stating that other communities kept their pickleball courts open. Now I know four, since another poster states he's been playing in Leesburg.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Pickleball should be allowed. Equipment needed: ball, racquet, glove, sanitizer, and common sense. Not having all is a disqualifier.
Uhummm In order to play Pickleball ya need a Paddle not a Racquet .

Racquets are for Tennis or Racketeers. Just a FYI.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by argos5usa View Post
" Will you sign a waiver that allows the taking of a loved one of yours when your actions whether on purpose or accidental takes another's loved one? "

What on earth? Has everyone become insane? Or just a vocal few?

Look...It's really simple....If you want to play pickleball with me or anyone else, you are assuming the risk that you might get hurt, either by getting hit by the ball, falling or impacted by a sneeze, cough or touch containing bacteria, viruses or germs....If you don't want to play, stay home, wear your mask, watch MSNBC and live in fear.

Like I said...it's really simple.
Actually the Governor stated it is safer outdoors than vs staying indoors.

And I question you on your comment on Loved Ones vs Unloved Ones .

Please Explain. Cuddles vs No Cuddles
Old 05-14-2020, 08:08 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Pickler: I wanna play!

Anti Pickler: You're gonna kill us all!

Pickler: Science studies say 99.5% of all infections happen indoors

Anti Pickler: You might infect me at the supermarket!

Pickler: I use delivery and curbside pickup. You should too

Anti Pickler: But I like to pick out my own fresh produce and squeeze the peaches

Pickler: You're gonna kill us all!!!
Old 05-16-2020, 02:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langwelld View Post
I love Pb but the problem is packed lines waiting to play.
Not the case @ Lake Miona, to the best of my knowledge not a lot of players go there.

Quite a few players have drifted to Burnsed and Colony. Very good play at Lake Miona 3.0 to 4.0 .

Hey have fun and burn off those calories.
Old 05-16-2020, 02:57 PM

[QUOTE=600th Photo Sq;1755371] Just a FYI :

Tennis = Racket

Pickleball = Paddle

It is confusing at times the tennis courts are next to the pickleball courts in some areas it is kind of cozy an errant tennis ball and the same with a pickleball ball.

We smile and well here is your ball and have a Tennis vs Pickleball attitude grrr.

My question to the Tennis Community when was the last time you had a State Wide Senior Tournament if ever in The Villages vs The Pickleball Community.

Atleast 50% of the Tennis Courts should be configured to Pickleball Courts. $$ Saved

[/QUOTEU

Ever watched the FSU or Florida pickle ball players tourney? That's because they don't have one! Ever watched pro pickle head players at the Open in New York? Not gonna happen! I played my first game last year for grins.....10 minutes I was kicking the butts off of players who have played for years. I have two friends who have no athletic ability at all, showed them how to play and in an hour they were playing just fine. It's a game for the non-athletic masses.....no skills needed!!!
Old 05-16-2020, 05:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

[QUOTE=Tennisbum;1766038]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
Just a FYI :

Tennis = Racket

Pickleball = Paddle

It is confusing at times the tennis courts are next to the pickleball courts in some areas it is kind of cozy an errant tennis ball and the same with a pickleball ball.

We smile and well here is your ball and have a Tennis vs Pickleball attitude grrr.

My question to the Tennis Community when was the last time you had a State Wide Senior Tournament if ever in The Villages vs The Pickleball Community.

Atleast 50% of the Tennis Courts should be configured to Pickleball Courts. $$ Saved

[/QUOTEU

Ever watched the FSU or Florida pickle ball players tourney? That's because they don't have one! Ever watched pro pickle head players at the Open in New York? Not gonna happen! I played my first game last year for grins.....10 minutes I was kicking the butts off of players who have played for years. I have two friends who have no athletic ability at all, showed them how to play and in an hour they were playing just fine. It's a game for the non-athletic masses.....no skills needed!!!
Might want to Google the National Pickleball Tournament and the National player ratings. In 2019 ESPN televised the tournament. Might require more skill than you think

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-16-2020, 09:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,931 Times in 2,454 Posts

[QUOTE=Tennisbum;1766038]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
Just a FYI :

Tennis = Racket

Pickleball = Paddle

[/QUOTEU

Playing just fine and playing at national level is like light years apart.

I dough you played with highly ranked players, just cause you show up At court don’t mean They are Top level players. Average level player in villages 3.0 or Maybe 3.5. You rarely find the 5.0 players Out with the hackers. Just like in tennis, you won’t see division 1 player, player with recreational players.

Now I agree it’s easy to pick up for anybody that’s played racketball, table tennis, and of course tennis players pick it up really quick. They have Pickleball national events and you don’t see it as big as pro or division 1 tennis. I have doubts it will even become national televised due to the side outs. Just takes too long to complete game. And the dinking at net gets boring to watch. But, it’s time it takes to complete game when players play at division 1 or pro level when compared to tennis.

Drop by Becall on Wednesday’s try singles pickleball, I think you will like it. In singles played more like tennis, you have to work you’re way to net, and yes, you can get passed easily. Just like tennis.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:29 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

I played pickleball this morning after the two month layoff because of the virus. I was a little bit rusty but happy to play with everyone I knew from before the time out. However, I must remember to not walk several miles before playing as I am now a little tuckered out. The walking was done to keep me in shape while not playing pickleball and I walked today because I didn’t know if I would be able to play. I had no issues with the new rules for accessing the courts and the playing time allowed. Great to be back at a game I enjoy.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I played pickleball this morning after the two month layoff because of the virus. I was a little bit rusty but happy to play with everyone I knew from before the time out. However, I must remember to not walk several miles before playing as I am now a little tuckered out. The walking was done to keep me in shape while not playing pickleball and I walked today because I didn’t know if I would be able to play. I had no issues with the new rules for accessing the courts and the playing time allowed. Great to be back at a game I enjoy.
Was it Open Play? If so, where was it, and how many people were there?
Old 05-18-2020, 06:12 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Was it Open Play? If so, where was it, and how many people were there?
It was open play with many friends I have come to know who also enjoy this game. Three courts were open with people leaving the court to let others who had to wait outside the courts to enter and play. As there were very few waiting, I played many games without having to leave the court. I really hate to mention where I was playing because I would not want to encourage the masses to play at this location. I will give a hint in that it’s the closest courts to my house in Lake Deaton.

For most of the time, two Village staffers manned the gate to make sure everything was done correctly. And yes, Village IDs were checked.
Old 06-08-2020, 08:43 AM
Platinum member

Today (6/8/20), pickleball was back to normal as all courts were open, no sanitizing of the balls and no staff to direct people off the courts. Should the courts have been closed for two months and is it too early to fully open them now? At some point in time I guess history will be the judge.
Old 07-16-2020, 07:01 PM
Default Pickleball and covid

While playing pickleball with my normal group today someone asked if I played with a guy, name starts with a B. I was told his girlfriend has tested positive, and he is out there playing pickleball. Just thought it was fair to give anyone who cares a heads up! Not sure it’s very responsible to keep playing in public when you are living with someone who has tested positive and not telling anyone or giving people a choice if they want to play Pb with you!
Old 07-16-2020, 07:13 PM
Sage

Can you name a location where he plays?

Tags
activities, pickleball, stay, harm, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.