Can we reopen the Pickleball courts, please.

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2020, 07:39 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,280 Times in 1,426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Does the outdoor gym equipment have to be touched to use them? I thought that equipment was off limits at this time.
You can sanitize the equipment before you use it but I doubt you can keep stopping a pickle ball game to clean your hands after touching the ball. I think it's the inside gyms that are closed not the outdoor equipment.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:03 PM
Veteran member

I have the inside information on when the " Some " of the courts will be opened. I will let you know by this coming Friday.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:47 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts
Default It’s settled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
I have the inside information on when the " Some " of the courts will be opened. I will let you know by this coming Friday.
Well, it’s settled then.
Old 04-27-2020, 09:01 PM
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
I have the inside information on when the " Some " of the courts will be opened.
. . . . Some, . . . . that is stupid, it would create larger crowds then normal play..
Old 04-27-2020, 09:27 PM

If you want everyone to sign a waiver of liability before entering the courts...fine, I'll sign it.

You want to wear a mask for the rest of your life...fine, it will probably be an improvement.

I'm sick and tired of paranoid germophobes dictating what the rest of us can or cannot do.

God bless America.
Old 04-27-2020, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPacers View Post
I don't see why pickleball courts couldn't be opened assuming people could follow social distancing guidelines. Yes, you have to touch the ball but don't touch your face and after each game, wash (disinfect) your hands and the ball. It really could (and should) be a very safe game to play. Only put up 1/2 the nets and that alone would decrease the density on the courts.

I do see the problem with players standing in lines waiting to play and I'm not sure there is a good way to protect against that since too many folks just don't seem to understand. In most of the recreation activities if people would follow the rules they could be played very safely. The few are ruining the opportunities for the many.
So no one ever wipes sweat from their face? You could not even begin to say how many times you could touch your face during a game and after touching a ball. Luv the game but do not trust most people about what they do, where they have been or what they touch.
Old 04-27-2020, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Most (no, i did not measure) are minimal physical activity.

A few active hot-shots, but most are dink, dink, point.

Much healthier to walk, run, ride, row.

Refund??..........clueless.
Old 04-27-2020, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by argos5usa View Post
If you want everyone to sign a waiver of liability before entering the courts...fine, I'll sign it.

You want to wear a mask for the rest of your life...fine, it will probably be an improvement.

I'm sick and tired of paranoid germophobes dictating what the rest of us can or cannot do.

God bless America.
That is a pretty absurd thought. Will you sign a waiver that allows the taking of a loved one of yours when your actions whether on purpose or accidental takes another's loved one? Oh and you must explain to the ones left behind that you did it for a game? Everyone has fears (including you and I) and it does not make them paranoid, anymore than your seemed obsession with a game makes you an addict.

Hopefully things will get back to normal quicker rather than slower and we can get back to normal using intelligence, control and safety for the larger good of citizens.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:25 AM

" Will you sign a waiver that allows the taking of a loved one of yours when your actions whether on purpose or accidental takes another's loved one? "

What on earth? Has everyone become insane? Or just a vocal few?

Look...It's really simple....If you want to play pickleball with me or anyone else, you are assuming the risk that you might get hurt, either by getting hit by the ball, falling or impacted by a sneeze, cough or touch containing bacteria, viruses or germs....If you don't want to play, stay home, wear your mask, watch MSNBC and live in fear.

Like I said...it's really simple.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:08 AM

Pickleball 50% capacity courts masks and gloves......no exceptions.. germophobe comment to those who CARE if they get or pass on the virus was really uncalled for.. Assume you are one of many without a mask !!!
Old 04-28-2020, 05:27 AM

I think we should ban cars too. Just think, we can save 38,000 lives per year (that's just the fatality rate), plus over 100,000 serious permanent injuries. 38,000 souls, and every one a brother, sister, mother, father, son daughter. Think of the EMT's that have to go to these crash sites, day after day, and deal with the agony and death. If you want to drive you're just a selfish, greedy person. Drive and Die!
Old 04-28-2020, 05:38 AM

Problem solved, we have a bucket of sanitized balls, all 4 players sanitize their hands before the game begins, they get a sanitized ball, play game, end of game ball back into sanitizing bucket. When we wait for the next game we do social distancing. We are Outside, we're not in enclosed in a crowded room. All our lives are going to get down to either keep yourself the safest and don't leave your home at all and let the others get on with their lives and don't be resentful of them. Sometimes it just comes down to choice.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:53 AM

The ball may become unsanitized as soon as one player touches his/her face during the game and then touches the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woderfulwendy1 View Post
Problem solved, we have a bucket of sanitized balls, all 4 players sanitize their hands before the game begins, they get a sanitized ball, play game, end of game ball back into sanitizing bucket. When we wait for the next game we do social distancing. We are Outside, we're not in enclosed in a crowded room. All our lives are going to get down to either keep yourself the safest and don't leave your home at all and let the others get on with their lives and don't be resentful of them. Sometimes it just comes down to choice.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:01 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,552 Times in 592 Posts

Correct. Opening pickle ball for health reasons is ridiculous. Ok. Lets get the blood pressure down but get the virus instead. Yeah. That makes sense
Old 04-28-2020, 06:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by argos5usa View Post
" Will you sign a waiver that allows the taking of a loved one of yours when your actions whether on purpose or accidental takes another's loved one? "

What on earth? Has everyone become insane? Or just a vocal few?

Look...It's really simple....If you want to play pickleball with me or anyone else, you are assuming the risk that you might get hurt, either by getting hit by the ball, falling or impacted by a sneeze, cough or touch containing bacteria, viruses or germs....If you don't want to play, stay home, wear your mask, watch MSNBC and live in fear.

Like I said...it's really simple.

nice rant
Closed Thread

Tags
activities, pickleball, stay, harm, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.