Intermediate/sort of Advanced play

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2015, 11:18 AM
Default Intermediate/sort of Advanced play

I have been playing for less than one year, but feel very competitive in the Intermediate Pickleball sessions at Colony Cottage. I tried the advanced section at Lake Miona on Monday, and felt that I was not quite up to that level. What other times/places would be a good fit for me? I have heard that there are early morning sessions at Saddlebrook, but it is not listed anywhere on the schedule. Any suggestions?
Old 10-15-2015, 11:23 AM
Sage

Sounds like we're roughly at the same level. I second the question.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:44 AM
Bosoxfan

I play in an open group on Thursday evenings. 5 o'clock at Fish Hawk. Skill ranges vary from all levels but I'd say most are in the intermediate level.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Hard to break into the clicks, even though it's open play at the pro sites don't mean anybody will be meet with open arms. I would go to the drills for advance players, play tournaments and try to advance your level rating. Once you get to maybe 4.0 (4.5 better) you will be well known and IMO more accepted at the superior level.

Most of use reach certain point and level out, unless you are willing to go the extra mile to get out of mud your stuck in and have the skills to do so. Good luck

This is not meant to be bad in anyway just the way it is it you want to reach top level play in any sport, got to work your way up IMO
Old 10-15-2015, 08:25 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3gee View Post
I have been playing for less than one year, but feel very competitive in the Intermediate Pickleball sessions at Colony Cottage. I tried the advanced section at Lake Miona on Monday, and felt that I was not quite up to that level. What other times/places would be a good fit for me? I have heard that there are early morning sessions at Saddlebrook, but it is not listed anywhere on the schedule. Any suggestions?
Open play at all courts at 7-7:30 (or when it is light enough) to 10am daily. Miona is Advanced + and can be clicky. Good advanced play 4 to 4.5 ish at Saddlebrook. Mullberry Grove has 3.0 to 4.0 on the North 4 courts.
Closed Thread

Tags
sessions, advanced, fit, good, level, times/places, listed, schedule, suggestions, saddlebrook, heard, early, morning, monday, year, feel, competitive, play, playing, intermediate, intermediate/sort, miona, felt, lake, section

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.