Men need to be respectable

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2018, 02:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimondAngels View Post
Married couples will start thinking twice about moving to TV if this behavior continues.
Just the opposite.
You won't be able to get a court at Bradenton pickle ball courts anymore.
Women are going to be lining up for compliments.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:23 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

Respectable gentlemen are respectful of ladies.

I do not know the circumstances, what verbiage was utilized or its tone, the intent of the utterance or how she took it. What I do know is that physically attractive women get hit on constantly and learn to deal with it. They may not like, but they deal with it. A man married to a looker better get used to that fact of life and accept it or he will be in constant confrontations not only with other men but with his wife, significant other or lady friend. Such experiences just come with the territory. Get over it!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-03-2018, 03:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post

I do not know the circumstances, what verbiage was utilized or its tone, the intent of the utterance or how she took it. What I do know is that physically attractive women get hit on constantly and learn to deal with it. They may not like, but they deal with it. A man married to a looker better get used to that fact of life and accept it or he will be in constant confrontations not only with other men but with his wife, significant other or lady friend. Such experiences just come with the territory. Get over it!

True dat.

My sainted mother said;

It's better to be looked over than overlooked.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
I just want to make "some" men aware of their need to respect women and not to make unsolicited compliments to married women. Is that too much
to ask? I would never walk up to a strange woman and tell her that she looks sexy in that outfit.
Married couples will start thinking twice about moving to TV if this behavior continues.
You mean this one guy is going to destroy The Villages?
Oh my God....the sky is falling!
Old 06-03-2018, 03:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Just the opposite.
You won't be able to get a court at Bradenton pickle ball courts anymore.
Women are going to be lining up for compliments.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-03-2018, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
This thread is getting strange...…….er.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Very strange indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post

Yep, it's all about trust. Otherwise, let it go unless it's bothering your spouse.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:34 PM

Fantasy, fantasy, fantasy on the part of husbands and the wives. I think we live in " The Villages ". I'd like to think we are generally about thirty years over nonsense of this nature, but evidently not. Someone is paying entirely too much attention to the national press's current fascination with men acting like stags in rut when they were thirty years old. We'd all like to go back, but this is not 1965.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:56 PM
Gold member

Do not I repeat do not take your wife out in public in the villages, take her out in an under 55 neighborhood and I promise they won't give her a second look.

Btw, congrats on having a good looking wife. Many widowers would just like to have their wives back home in their loving arms.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:21 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Probably more effective to say something to the guy you're not happy with than post on ToTV.

Jus say'n.

When I only get one pickle on my cheeseburger, I talk to the manager of the establishment........not create a new thread.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Look, sure I guess most men & women do. Speak to another women about her looks is a shot against her husband, the talkers wife and the person that your unsolicited compliment may bother. Times they are a changing.

I had a very close friend say to my wife if front of me first time he met her 25 years ago....."When are you expected to get your eyesight back"? Now that was funny and true because we knew what he meant.

High School is over. Respect is the name of the game nowadays. In my particular case Animal Magnetism is the problem. Not good looks.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:43 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

When people say to my husband that he has a trophy wife, we thank them.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:49 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety Bird View Post
Maybe tell your wife to wear Amish garb. Was the guy drooling?
At least Amish women don't have their hair done in clouds.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Yea. I gotta say that coming on here with that original post seems a little insulting. And, that sort of jealousy seems to me like something out of 1950. Kinda like, "don't cuss in front of my wife".
Old 06-03-2018, 07:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Well OP, I think you have an idea now...where the immature & boorish behavior originates.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:57 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default Actually...

Quote:
I just want to make "some" men aware of their need to respect women and not to make unsolicited compliments to married women. Is that too much
to ask? I would never walk up to a strange woman and tell her that she looks sexy in that outfit.
very few people will think twice because of that. It is likely not the first time this cad said something, but I'd bet it isn't wide spread. Most people here are considerate...name another place with this level of civility and I'll move there...
Closed Thread

Tags
men, front, top, wifes, man

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.