Men need to be respectable

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2018, 08:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,398 Times in 2,256 Posts

There's always three sides to every story. Having not been there it's hard to know exactly what transpired.

That being said, if someone unknown to me or my wife came up and said, you look nice in that top, we would probably just look at him sideways. If he came out and said something like, hey, nice rack. Or you look sexy in that top, we would definitely have words.

I know in NY catcalling is a sport. But I was raised a little different. Women get treated with manners and respect. If I see an attractive woman do I say to myself, "Wow she looks great"? sure I do. But there's no need for me to verbalize that to her or her husband.

But I would never come to a public forum to complain about it. No one can fight your battles but you.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 06-03-2018, 08:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Probably more effective to say something to the guy you're not happy with than post on ToTV.

Jus say'n.

When I only get one pickle on my cheeseburger, I talk to the manager of the establishment........not create a new thread.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimondAngels View Post
I just want to make "some" men aware of their need to respect women and not to make unsolicited compliments to married women. Is that too much
to ask? I would never walk up to a strange woman and tell her that she looks sexy in that outfit.
Married couples will start thinking twice about moving to TV if this behavior continues.
I hope you mean to ALL women (and girls)--not just "married" women.

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages
Old 06-04-2018, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I remember my perfectly respectable and quite lovely Aunt who used to whisper to me that she enjoyed the occasional wolf whistle.

I understand respect, BUT I think sometimes we as a society have gone to extremes.

I KNOW why stadiums are full of people and why babies are born. Viva la difference.

This guy could have been a cad. If so I apologize to the OP.

A man is going to always "appreciate" a lovely woman or we are indeed in a mess.

A man should never be disrespectful to a woman, strike her or use her good looks against her. A woman should never be disrespectful to a man, strike him or use his good looks against him. People shouldn't USE sex to get what they want unless that is love and traditional happiness.

Good morning. It's a beautiful day in The Villages.

Last edited by graciegirl; 06-04-2018 at 01:11 PM.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulat585 View Post
I hope you mean to ALL women (and girls)--not just "married" women.

Well needed expansion on subject...and well stated!
Old 06-04-2018, 10:03 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

From what I have heard from several very attractive women is that their greatest problem is being accepted into groups by other women who do not want "competition".

Are "Trophy Wives" accepted and treated well by other women in TV?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
men, front, top, wifes, man

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.