Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Who is "they"??
Property Management
Old 11-18-2017, 10:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Last year, as the screens were being re-installed after the big storm, I asked the installers why they were folding them up from the bottom. They told me they were instructed to do that to aid the drying of the courts. I went to the next Welcome Wednesday meeting where that info was confirmed. I have to say, the courts do dry faster. I see a lot of play on wet courts and it concerns me. Having said all this, I wish they would go back to full wind screens. Maybe with enough feedback they would be willing to make the change.
IMO that's BS, when I play in the morning the screens are up after the fiasco. The courts don't dry till the sun hits them or the humidity come down. And beside if that worked why do they got to be 4 foot off court floor wouldn't 6" do the same? Wind screen are there for reason and have been in place over 20 plus years. IMO it's utter bull**** to have them rolled up and blow in the wind shorting the court. IMO they might as well not put screen up using the 6 foot screens. IMO there more wind than wet courts.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Last year, as the screens were being re-installed after the big storm, I asked the installers why they were folding them up from the bottom. They told me they were instructed to do that to aid the drying of the courts. I went to the next Welcome Wednesday meeting where that info was confirmed. I have to say, the courts do dry faster. I see a lot of play on wet courts and it concerns me. Having said all this, I wish they would go back to full wind screens. Maybe with enough feedback they would be willing to make the change.
They got hundreds maybe thousands of feed back from both tennis and pickleball players and the feed back was "want FULL wind screens. The last word was it under review ( delay tactic being they blew through bunch of money and labor).
Old 11-18-2017, 10:17 PM
Sage

Hail at becall they can't even get benches that was pulled of courts cause the were the cheap ones that hurt your back and flips you off of them If no one sat on the other end some else on the bench. Was reported 6 months ago, now it snow bird season and now where for most to set.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Played again yesterday. The areas where the air was moving under the screens onto the courts were definitely drying faster. Who knows how many injuries this will help prevent. A very good thing. The air moving across the courts does not seem much worse to me than with the old screens. I simply adjust my game, just like on the golf course. Not a big deal.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Played again yesterday. The areas where the air was moving under the screens onto the courts were definitely drying faster. Who knows how many injuries this will help prevent. A very good thing. The air moving across the courts does not seem much worse to me than with the old screens. I simply adjust my game, just like on the golf course. Not a big deal.
Your opinion, the wind really wasn't blowing that hard yesterday. IMO the low humidity probably dried the courts quicker, my opinion.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

In the end, I'd rather have full screens. But, I can live with the new ones. Looks like that is the path to peace.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
In the end, I'd rather have full screens. But, I can live with the new ones. Looks like that is the path to peace.

Peace! What happen to the standard of excellents, some courts have 6 foot screen at top leaving 3 foot gap and the bottom, some have them mounted in the low middle, 1 foot the bottom two foot at the top. IMO if they are going cheap to 6 foot screen then 1 foot off the bottom works best, at least it blocks some wind down low won't kill the ball as bad. IMO the 9' screens rolled up 3 foot is unacceptable. The wind blows the rolled up section out in the court and reduces playing field. Not important for low level players that don't move. Bottom line they asked pickleball community and tennis players want the wanted and the done the opposite. Why ask if you not going to listen. Why not just say we are not replacing 9 foot screen, they cost more 6 foot will due, so do we get deduction in monthly amenities with all the money savings.? No they just spend it on golf.
Closed Thread

Tags
wind, courts, screens, ball, windy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.