newcomer looking for pickleball 101 contenders

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2016, 08:07 PM
Default newcomer looking for pickleball 101 contenders

just moved to Woodbury recently, and recently took 101. Looking for newbies to learn and advance our game. Anyone interested?
Old 08-06-2016, 05:37 AM
Veteran member

We also took PB 101 before we were allowed to play at the Mulberry courts....0,0 start! Now we play here in Minnesota
Old 08-06-2016, 06:12 AM

there are several rec centers that have pickle ball practice for beginners. you just go get in line and fill in where needed. i go to saddlebrook on wednesdays and saturdays because that is close to me check out the rec news they are all listed in there. everyone just takes turns and that is how you get better then you will meet some others and can set up games. good luck. and becareful of the heat!!
Old 08-06-2016, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dldurham View Post
just moved to Woodbury recently, and recently took 101. Looking for newbies to learn and advance our game. Anyone interested?
The rec centers have allotted time for beginner and advanced beginner court time, so you'll only be playing with those on your own level, everyone else is suppose to reliquish the courts. Go to the link below, and scroll down past the 101 classes to the second page and you'll see the entire schedule. It's a PDF file, so give it time to load.

Village Community Development Districts

Unfortunately for you most of the beginner action is in the newer areas. However I did see Mulberry Rec Center has Mondays from 10:00-11:50 for beginner play.

The next closet would be Colony Cottage Rec Center, that's at the intersection of Morse and 466A. They have set aside beginner play on Tuesday from 12:00-1:50 and Wednesday from 12:00-1:50.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

OK, go to Beginner Program - Student materials - Play Pickleball-B Forever Young for information about pickleball. Some places might be lacking players due to summer months, Mulberry recently added beginner play times, so between summer (heat by 10am) time slot just added may have fewer players. If you played racket sports (tennis, racquetball, table tennis, badminton, ect...) can usually pick up pickleball quickly.

Main thing in doubles is knowing were to stand and not to stand, and how to keep track of score. Position play will come in time. I play at Mulberry couple times week. I can give you some pointers if you want when I'm not busy with other activities. PM me and maybe can set of time to practice some. I live close.
Closed Thread

Tags
recently, advance, learn, game, interested

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.