Non-Villages resident looking to play pickleball

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2017, 12:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSkol View Post
As a new resident, I am confused by this tri-county rule. Which are these? Why doesn't TV offer for say, 300.00 a month for a pass. Twice the current fee, Only serious players would pay that much. (Insurance perhaps?)

Still learning the whys and wherefores of this unique community.
You are assuming there will be open court times to accommodate these "outside" customers. Not!
Find your answer to tri-county ID pass question here:
http://www.districtgov.org/departmen...D%20Policy.pdf
Old 09-06-2017, 10:22 AM

We're working on that over at the Big House in Tavares (just outside of Leesburg). Feel free to email me if you want to be put on a mailing list. Would love to pick your brains on what kind of formats and options you'd want to see offered in a large, indoor, air conditioned facility. kim@bighouseusa.com
Old 09-06-2017, 11:30 PM
Platinum member

Last edited by Fraugoofy; 10-12-2017 at 10:15 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
If you get to know some of the elite players and attend their pay clinic's or private lessons you can sneak on to courts at certain rec centers, on the occasion rec center employees come out checking ids and you are not on the court you will be ask to leave with no resident ID card. Some of the elite player even give lessons during open play times. IMO private lessons on Rec center courts should only be allowed if the rec center get cut of the pie and are at times when no courts are being untilized by residents, which means they have low priority. Volunteer free clinics are different and scheduled through the rec center. I have observed this playing at Rec centers.
It sounded as if you were suggesting the OP sneak on.
However you've made it clear that it wasn't your intention to suggest that.

Last edited by Barefoot; 09-07-2017 at 10:59 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboicolbs View Post
Thank you everyone for your responses.

I agree wholly with this. It would bring local recognition to the sport and it would make TV money. With TV being such a hotspot for pickleball, this should be a no brainer.

I wish Sumter County had the $$$ for that.

I do see that everyone here pays fees to use the amenities, and I agree that normal play should be limited to those who are paying. With that being said, people would definitely pay to play in tournaments, even if they were held monthly or bimonthly and those who aren't residents only being allowed to play at those designated times.

And, a mostly unrelated side note:

Where do you guys buy your pickleball gear? i buy balls from Dick's Sporting goods, as they sell the official ball for the majority of the tournaments i've played in. The paddle selection there is rather weak.

I have a deal with a smaller company called "Amazin' Aces", and they've sent me each release of their paddles. I can speak to the quality of their products. If anyone is interested, check them out at the site below. Tell them Colby sent you!

Amazin' Aces Pickleball | Pickleball Paddles For Beginners To Pros!
Unless it's summer it's hard to get on courts, but wondering are you promoting amazin aces or looking for a game?

Tags
live, play, non-villages, villages, resident

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.