Beginners Pickleball

Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Default Beginners Pickleball

My wife and I are new to pickleball. Playing with more experienced players is a little intimitating. We love the game so far, but don't want to force better players to tolerate our in experience.

Where to the new to pickleball players play during open court times?
Old 07-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Veteran member

Chula Vista has a nice group of beginners, 10am Thursdays
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 07-27-2012, 07:11 AM
Veteran member

Make sure you take the pickleball classes for beginners (pb101,102 and 103) Classes are listed in the rec news. After completing the classes, go to beginners open play and have at it. Remember...everyone was a beginner at one time. Don't worry about playing with more experienced players. Most are very welcoming and will play to your level. That's how you'll improve your game...and meet new friends.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:42 AM

We are in Charlotte and new to pickle all, you can play any morning at Captiva, pm me and maybe we can play together. Totally agree about being intimidated by much more experienced players.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.