What will pickleball look like?

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2020, 04:43 PM

20% risk of dying from pickleball? Give me a break. So SICK of this fearmongering. One more time, if you don't want to play, STAY HOME! Just don't try to ruin it for the rest of us.
Old 04-22-2020, 05:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
20% risk of dying from pickleball? Give me a break. So SICK of this fearmongering.
Did someone here say that? Well bless their heart for their concern for us. I bet any reputable scientist or statistician can prove that the majority of us have a greater risk getting to the court than we do of dying of the virus. And yes, we can thank the media who have to find some way to maintain three cable news networks 24/7. They seem to be succeeding admirably.

No question Covid-19 is dangerous, especially to the vulnerable and 75+ age cohort. No question it's worse than the regular flu, but perhaps only slightly. We won't know until we get a better handle on the real number of people infected.

I posted the following study elsewhere on this board and it got zero response. Someone also posted a "Positive Thread" recently, and it quickly got buried because of lack of response. Funny thing I'm starting to notice...it seems people don't want good news. They seem to prefer to worry. Actually I posted a Psychology Today study about that phenomenon, too, which also fell on deaf ears. I'll see if I can find it. Here it is.

Los Angeles County antibody study suggests over 220,000 residents have already had coronavirus - SFGate

5 Reasons We Worry, and 5 Ways to Worry Less | Psychology Today
Old 04-22-2020, 05:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post

I posted the following study elsewhere on this board and it got zero response. Someone also posted a "Positive Thread" recently, and it quickly got buried because of lack of response. Funny thing I'm starting to notice...it seems people don't want good news. They seem to prefer to worry. Actually I posted a Psychology Today study about that phenomenon, too, which also fell on deaf ears. I'll see if I can find it. Here it is.

Los Angeles County antibody study suggests over 220,000 residents have already had coronavirus - SFGate

5 Reasons We Worry, and 5 Ways to Worry Less | Psychology Today
I warmly and respectfully invite any retired or current psychologist to chime in here.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
The kitchen, on each side, is 7 feet. If you and your opponent are outside the kitchen you are at least 14 feet away.
You really cannot be serious. My wife and I are together in the kitchen a lot. As in stove, sink, cupboards etc .

We are in close contact especially when reaching for the peanut butter ( Creamy ).

Get serious.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post
Seems to be some singles fans here. Although I always played singles tennis, I almost never played singles pickleball, basically because the drop-in nature of most pickleball games is set up for doubles.

However, I could quickly muster up some enthusiasm for singles if it will help relaunch the sport quicker in TV. I hope TV's pickleball captains, teachers and organizers, which we're so lucky to have, are reading this and giving some thought to starting up, or expanding, singles games at certain courts. If so, I for one would prefer that it remain the drop-in format because not everyone has (or wants) regular partners to play with.
At Lake Miona they have one court dedicated every morning from 8:00 to 10:00 AM for singles play . Just show up . I'm not certain which one it is .

Very competitive, fantastic play, you will love it.
Closed Thread

Tags
play, playing, gloves, protection, players

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.