Jan (NJGranny)'s Photos of Beijing from Last May (2007)

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Default Jan (NJGranny)'s Photos of Beijing from Last May (2007)

I'm going to give this a try. My pics aren't as good as Susan's unfortunately.

The Villages Florida
The Villages Florida
The Villages Florida
The Villages Florida
The Villages Florida
The Villages Florida
The Villages Florida
The Villages Florida
The Villages Florida
The Villages Florida
The Villages Florida
The Villages Florida
The Villages Florida
New Jersey
Old 08-17-2008, 11:12 PM
Default Re: Jan (NJGranny)'s Photos of Beijing from Last May (2007)

I don't know why they came out squished. I notice that if you click on them, they get bigger, but they lost their captions. All are Beijing except the last which is the ladies exercising in Shanghai in the early morning.
New Jersey
Old 08-18-2008, 01:39 AM
Gold member

Jan,
I don't know how you did that squishing, click and it gets bigger thing, but it is kind of cool.

Your pictures the ones that came through are great. Wasn't it an amazing trip? It looks like you went to some of the same places that we did. I had a whole new respect for the art of it after visiting the Cloisonne` Factory.

I love it that you took a picture of their toilets...I took toilet pictures too. I tried not to go unless we were in our hotel. Toilets in Asia are very interesting. I posted some that I took pics of under Asian Toilets ...didn't want to infringe on your thread.

Thanks for posting your pictures, I enjoyed them.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

It is amazing how Beijing has changed. We were there in the late 50s. I think the highest building was 3 stories high. The street vendors were everywhere and cars were only driven by government officials. Shanty houses were everywhere -- if there was a vacant spot, someone had built a home of some sort on it, even the middle of the street (which was torn down in the mornng and put up again that evening).

Much of China and even Peking was off limits to us but my brother and I did wander as much as we dared. The people were kind and would often give us kids little snacks (most of which we threw away as soon as we could) but would rarely even say hi to us.

To see pictures of it from the past 10 years is just amazing. To see how they literally built a new Beijng in 7 years for the Olympics is beyond amazing. It is a whole new city from what I remember as a child.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.