MGb restoration car

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Default MelZ

Have fun with your project. Had a college friend around Daytona that is a MG expert. Last name Watkins. If you run into him during your restoration, ask him to contact me. Have not seen him in 40 years!

Wife and I had a MGA way, way back. Current ride an 06' BMW M roadster.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:49 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

I appectiate the offer, hopefully I will not need to contact him. The guy who is doing my restoration is a English car/MG expert.

Current ride is a MB C300 so I need the a roadster to get mt heart pumping
Old 01-27-2009, 03:58 PM

Wow...nice job. When I was a kid (college) I had a "B" in BRG like yours but mine was an earlier model...1967. The front grill was different and it had knock off hubs on wire wheels. GAD...did I have fun with that car! As mentioned in other replys the electrical system was iffy and the '67 model had positive ground, something I found out about when I tried to hook up a small two-way radio in the car. YIKES! Wonderful car though and with Pirelli tires on it the car tracked the road like glue.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Veteran member

Don:

The reason I went for a '78 was because the mechanics and elctrical system is more modern. I will lower it to chrome bumper height and I am adding a supercharger to a little more giddy yap.

Currently the interior is out and boot and hood are off. Paint in late spring BRG with a new biscuit interior.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:31 PM

Mel, I notice from your profile that you were involved in cowboy action shooting. I worked with someone from Mahopac (we both retired at the same time) who was a member of SASS and shot at a club somewhere up there. He lived on the east side of the Hudson so his club was probably over there somewhere. He was a serious target shooter and replacing barrels for him was not uncommon. Anyway, where did you shoot?
Old 01-30-2009, 09:04 AM
Veteran member

I have been playing the CAS game for a dozen years. My home club is in Monroe in Orange County, but I also play at the Dutchess Club and the Matamoros, PA club.

More than likely I know him
Old 01-30-2009, 09:33 AM

I think my friend, Joe Manganelli shoots at the Dutchess club but not totally sure. I don't know what cowbow name he uses. I'll have to email him to ask. He lives in Westchester I believe (Mahopac?) but they didn't have a club there. He used to bring up photos on the web at work of the various clubs and their shooting "towns" around the country. Really amazing.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Veteran member

My cowboy handle is "Calico Kid", most of the folks at Dutchess know me. Are you currently living in TV
Old 01-30-2009, 03:52 PM

I'm waiting for him to reply to my email question about his being a member of the club in Duchess and if so, what his "cowboy" name is. My wife and I live on Long Island but have been looking at The Villages for a while now. We expect to make our first "lifestyle" visit in March.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:50 AM

Mel, My friend says he doesn't remember your name but says that he is not surprised since there were a lot of people there. His name was "Wales Outlaw" I guess alluding to Outlaw Joey Wales from the movie. His real first name is Joe.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Veteran member

don't believe I've ever met him, name doesn't ring a bell.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.