Sunsets are one thing....

Closed Thread
Old 03-09-2011, 08:17 PM

Do you plug in the charger after say a short `10 or 15 minute ride?
Old 03-09-2011, 09:02 PM

Thanks for you saying in a later post that you got 35 - 50 miles out of a charge that sounds good to me. I guess it will just depend on where we buy a home and where we will be going.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by same View Post
Do you plug in the charger after say a short `10 or 15 minute ride?
/** caveat reader: I just washed my batteries and posted a picture, no professional here **/

I have read so many opinions on this question I am not sure a correct answer exists.

My rule of thumb is to charge after 15-20 minutes or more of pedal time. As an example, last night I went to the post office within a mile and back and did not charge. If that is all I ever did with the cart I would probably charge weekly.

That said, I almost never just go for rides less than 20 minutes, so I charge daily.

IMO, it is more important to not discharge the pack too far between charges. I think many folks run the pack down way too low (past 50% discharge) with each use which really affects live of pack.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Sunsets

ajbrown thank you for that info. I have 6-8v Trojans just changed to Powertrons. I believe with my trojans would get 25 miles and then could feel the motor somewhat strained even though my gauge registered in the green zone . I am going to test the Powertron to see if I can reach 35 miles without much of a loss. If I can then I am saitisifed because it will equate to travel to and from the new championship course on 466A and 18 holes of play. By the way I ran across a guy who claimed 95 miles with his 8/6v battery pack? God bless him if its true. I suspect that there are some variables with different carts that alter these figures?
Old 03-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
ajbrown thank you for that info. I have 6-8v Trojans just changed to Powertrons. I believe with my trojans would get 25 miles and then could feel the motor somewhat strained even though my guage registered in the green zone . I am going to test the Powertron to see if I can reach 35 miles without much of a loss. If I can then I am saitisifed because it will equate to travel to and from the new championship course on 466A and 18 holes of play. By the way I ran across a guy who claimed 95 miles with his 8/6v battery pack? God bless him if its true. I suspect that there are some variables with different carts that alter these figures?
I sure would have a bunch of questions for a 95 mile claim . I wonder if he is related to the salesman for EZGO that told me his Mom was getting 60+ miles in the new AC drive RXV. Not saying 95 is not doable, but I see no way driving as "we" do around here in TV.

25 miles is not too too bad, depending.... I recently bought an '02 Club Car DS with 3 year old 6-8V Trojan T875s. I just took it out to test batteries before some guests arrive and 50% discharge takes about 26 miles. Were your Trojans older? If not, any chance they were T860s?

I am not sure the gauge you mean, but below is the gauge that came with my used carts. The line between the green and white (F) is 48 volts. When I say I "never" go below 50% pack discharge, I mean that the needle will be at least at that line (F) or above after the cart has sat for 5 minutes. If it will not recover above that F line it has discharged more than I like.

I will do another test with the 8-6v before I head home to document how batteries are aging. Maybe I will get 96 miles

Should probably move this thread to all about golf carts and things
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0328.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	143  
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.