Tired Squirrels

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2017, 10:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
The Cardinals and Finches are fairly neat. The Brown Thrashers, which we did have 4 living in the back hedge, sometimes would knock the seed out of the tray with their beak. Doves are also a little messy. We located ours at the very back of the yard at the edge of the patio, that way it's easier to sweep up. Also the privacy wall is about 3' behind and the doves and some other birds will sit on the wall waiting their turn.

The Thrashers and Cardinals live in the hedge and they pop in and out all the time. We also have mockingbirds but they like grapes, and we have one that will sit on the patio table so we can see him through the sliding glass door. He will then go to where he wants the grape put, on the grill if he wants it there, or to the holly tree on the left if he wants it there. We also feed the Cardinals and Thrashers nuts for a variety. My wife buys the unsalted and cracks open the shells and puts a few on the patio for them.
Your bird stories are entertaining.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:08 AM
Sage

If you want to feed the birds and not the squirrels...

SquirrelBuster(R) | Brome(R)

Highly recommended. I have two. A rather big one and a smaller one. (Purchased on Amazon.)

Last edited by Polar Bear; 10-12-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
If you want to feed the birds and not the squirrels...
SquirrelBuster(R) | Brome(R)
Highly recommended. I have two. A rather big one and a smaller one. (Purchased on Amazon.)
Thanks PB. I was just looking at SquirrelBusters in a pet store in Canada and wondering if they work.
I'll make sure we order one from Amazon when we get to TV.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Thanks PB. I was just looking at SquirrelBusters in a pet store in Canada and wondering if they work.
I'll make sure we order one from Amazon when we get to TV.
Great! I think you'll like it.

You still have to be a little careful about where you put it. For example, if you hang it too close to a tree branch, a clever squirrel will hang from the tree branch and eat seeds without standing on the perch of the feeder. (Any significant weight on the perch closes the doors to the seeds.)

But it's easy to find a good spot and well worth it.
Closed Thread

Tags
squirrels, birds, feeding, break, rest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.