plumber

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2023, 02:46 PM
Default plumber

looking for recommendations for a plumber to replace a bathroom faucet.

thanks
Old 04-05-2023, 02:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,615 Times in 5,196 Posts

I use Mike Scott Plumbing. I would suggest that you buy the faucet from Home Depot or Lowes, so you get what you want and the plumber can install it. You can always return it if you buy a faucet from the plumber.
Old 04-05-2023, 04:37 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,032 Times in 726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob.Betty View Post

thanks

Joel at DDJ Plumbing. Licensed, insured, fast, reasonable and takes pride in his work.

*(352) 454-6122‬
Old 04-05-2023, 04:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

We used CPM Plumbing. They are the company that did the original plumbing on our house. We had them install a new faucet in our laundry room. I provided the faucet. They had to drill some new holes in the sink and did a very clean job. At the time, two years ago the flat fee for a faucet swap was $115. Not sure what the cost is now. Residential & Commercial Plumber Wildwood | Plumbing Contractor | CPM Plumbing

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 04-06-2023, 06:54 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Smile

Quote:

thanks
Hi there! We recommend the following:
Pro Plus Plumbing LLC 352-427-0337
Mike Scott Plumbing 352-748-9111
Old 04-25-2023, 09:02 AM
Default Buyer beware - avoid Frank Gay Services!

Quote:

thanks
I recently sought estimates for a simple plumbing job - running a water line across a 30' garage to a new outdoor hose bib. I got the following three estimates:

1. Mike Scott Plumbing $350 (no estimate fee)
2. Anthony Torri Plumbing $325 (no estimate fee)
3. Frank Gay Services $2158 ($38 estimate fee)

After two calls to Frank Gay Services, seeking to speak to a manager and being promised a callback, I finally got through to a customer service person who said that they would refund my $38 estimate fee if I signed an agreement to keep my dissatisfaction silent. The form required me to not "post or author any detrimental reviews, blogs, etc. regarding the Company, in any form, whether written or oral."

My silence cannot be purchased for $38. I am a new homeowner in The Villages. The majority of service companies that I have dealt with have been upstanding and a pleasure to do business with, however, when I find a company that exploits and takes advantage of unsuspecting homeowners, I want to share my experience and help others avoid making a bad decision.
Old 04-25-2023, 09:10 AM
Sage

I would never pay for an estimate. They didn't want the job, but they wanted your $38. But, if you agreed to pay for the estimate, I don't think you have a valid complaint.
Old 04-25-2023, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&Silvia View Post
I recently sought estimates for a simple plumbing job - running a water line across a 30' garage to a new outdoor hose bib. I got the following three estimates:

1. Mike Scott Plumbing $350 (no estimate fee)
2. Anthony Torri Plumbing $325 (no estimate fee)
3. Frank Gay Services $2158 ($38 estimate fee)

After two calls to Frank Gay Services, seeking to speak to a manager and being promised a callback, I finally got through to a customer service person who said that they would refund my $38 estimate fee if I signed an agreement to keep my dissatisfaction silent. The form required me to not "post or author any detrimental reviews, blogs, etc. regarding the Company, in any form, whether written or oral."

My silence cannot be purchased for $38. I am a new homeowner in The Villages. The majority of service companies that I have dealt with have been upstanding and a pleasure to do business with, however, when I find a company that exploits and takes advantage of unsuspecting homeowners, I want to share my experience and help others avoid making a bad decision.
Thank you for sharing.

You can sign the agreement now. Get your money back. "You" won't post anything after signing. It doesn't say anything about your wife speaking about the event. Or prevent you from sharing factual information that is not negatively slanted. Numbers are numbers, and they speak for themselves.
Old 04-25-2023, 09:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker View Post
Thank you for sharing.

You can sign the agreement now. Get your money back. "You" won't post anything after signing. It doesn't say anything about your wife speaking about the event. Or prevent you from sharing factual information that is not negatively slanted. Numbers are numbers, and they speak for themselves.
I wouldn't sign the agreement. You could get sued.
Closed Thread

Tags
plumber, recommendations, replace, bathroom, faucet

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.