Custom Windows & Exterior Design, Inc.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:07 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Custom Windows & Exterior Design, Inc.

Elevate Your Lanai!

Create An Amazing Space to Entertain and Relax Year-Round

Customize your beautiful Space with:

· Configurations to maximize air-flow
· Single or energy-efficient double-pane low-E glass
· Sliding doors and horizontal sliding windows
· Picture and casement windows
· White bronze aluminum frames
· White or almond vinyl frames
· Fixed or sliding screens

Our process is worry-free.

We have been creating amazing lanais for 37 years. Our process is seamless, beginning with a complimentary in-home estimate. Our custom-sized glass products are available with single-pane or energy-efficient double-pane options that are installed by an experienced crew. The Custom Windows and Exterior Design team is ready to assist you every step of the way. We acquire permits and approvals.

Visit Our Beautiful Showroom to view product options!

Showroom hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 am- 4:00 pm

Call to schedule a complimentary estimate at 352.787.9797

CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR GALLERY
CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR WEBSITE

Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Logo ridge - saturated.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	103332   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	totv p5.png
Views:	23
Size:	490.7 KB
ID:	103333   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	totv p 4.png
Views:	23
Size:	631.8 KB
ID:	103334   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	totv p3.png
Views:	22
Size:	450.2 KB
ID:	103335   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	totv p2 .png
Views:	21
Size:	482.6 KB
ID:	103336  

Last edited by Ad poster; 03-15-2024 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-15-2020, 08:46 AM

We hired Custom Windows to install our lanai enclosure back in September. We were promised thy woould compete the job in 8-10 weeks, probably 8. They almost immediately came out and removed our screens and put in the framing, and now we've been without a screened in lanai for 12 weeks. I called to check on the status and were told thy wouldn't finish until the end of January. Needless to say, we are perplexed and angry, but we have no avenues to pursue. Aaargh!
Old 11-20-2020, 08:06 AM
Default Custom Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Krueger View Post
Custom Windows enclosed our lanai approximately 10 years ago. Since we have had these windows 3 have been replaced do to moisture clouding the glass.
We now have a fourth window that is clouded as well
I contacted CW and told them of our problem. A man named Rob came to our home reviewed the problem and said they would replace the glass as they had done previously. This was in early July. I have called contacted CW many times, sometimes they returned calls but more often than not they didn’t. The CW representative told me the glass had a lifetime warranty and I would be responsible for the labor. I am agreeable to these terms. But for the past 3 plus months I’ve been told the glass is on back order.
I called again today and am awaiting there reply.
It seems they are more than happy to sell their product but repairs not so.
The Villages Florida
Our expierence has been the same. Our windows were installed several years ago and a few have had to be replaced for the same reason. We now have another fogged one to be replaced, it was measured and have been waiting over 5 months. We'll call and leave a message with a receptionist asking about the status of replacement. No update available from Custom Windows, still awaiting a reply.
Old 11-17-2020, 11:35 AM
Default Custom Window & Double Pane

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcurrie947 View Post
We are thinking about having our lanai enclosed as well, fixed picture windows in front, sliders on sides. Do you think double pane wouldn't sweat like the single pane? Thank you
Custom Window enclosed our West facing lanai a year ago with dual pane. There has never been any kind of leakage or moisture on the inside. The dual pane also has sliding screen doors which make it A LOT EASIER to wash the windows (single pane screens generally don't slide). We added A/C to the lanai last spring, allowing full time use throughout the summer.

We highly recommend Custom Window!
Old 11-17-2020, 07:41 AM

We are thinking about having our lanai enclosed as well, fixed picture windows in front, sliders on sides. Do you think double pane wouldn't sweat like the single pane? Thank you
Old 11-17-2020, 07:38 AM

Curious if those are single or double pane? We are considering having them do ours. Thank you
Old 10-22-2020, 09:33 AM

It appears that the bond between the glass was compromised and moister has seeped in.

Update Custom Windows has replaced the window pane. It took longer than expected. I believe that the COVID 19 virus was the problem. CW went above and beyond when glass arrived. We are thankful for CW’s generosity and will look forward to do business with them again.

Last edited by Rick Krueger; 01-28-2021 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:24 AM
Default Window glass replacement

Custom Windows enclosed our lanai approximately 10 years ago. Since we have had these windows 3 have been replaced do to moisture clouding the glass.
We now have a fourth window that is clouded as well
I contacted CW and told them of our problem. A man named Rob came to our home reviewed the problem and said they would replace the glass as they had done previously. This was in early July. I have called contacted CW many times, sometimes they returned calls but more often than not they didn’t. The CW representative told me the glass had a lifetime warranty and I would be responsible for the labor. I am agreeable to these terms. But for the past 3 plus months I’ve been told the glass is on back order.
I called again today and am awaiting there reply.
It seems they are more than happy to sell their product but repairs not so.
The Villages Florida

Please see above message
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1294
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	86639  

Last edited by Rick Krueger; 01-28-2021 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-13-2020, 07:56 AM

So is there weeping on the solid window section or all over? Did you have weeping with the door sliders? I’m trying to visualize what you are describing. Do you think double pane would solve this problem. You also mention dried area by solid window not sure what you meant.
Thanks in advance.
Old 03-07-2020, 11:03 AM

We had Custom Windows and Design enclose our lanai with sliders on one side and a solid lower window with sliders above on the other side. While it didn't go as well as we would have liked or especially not as well as stated above we worked though the difficulties and we ended up getting everything fixed except the side bar window next to the outside door and the solid window. The dried end statement they make isn't exactly true. If you leave your home during the winter or travel during the winter beware that single pane windows without tracks on the bottom have nothing to catch the sweat or moisture when the temperatures vary. Would not suggest carpet and would be ready to mop up water that runs down the window unimpeded. There can be some fairly large puddles. Would have thought that a company that boasts 35,000 installations would know this and recommend not doing what we did, knowing the mess that comes with cold weather. Disappointed is all, in general very nice BUT.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:17 PM

I just had Custom Windows and Exterior Design, Inc. close in my lanai with glass slider windows. My wife and I are very thankful we went with this Company!
Two great workers, very professional Just can't say enough about the quality of work!

Tony & Kathy Kovacev
Old 04-18-2018, 03:41 PM

Very pleased with our Custom Windows lanai installation.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:56 PM

Custom windows enclosed our lanai, and did a superb job.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:51 AM
Default Custom windows

WE HAD CUSTOM WINDOWS ENCLOSE OUR LANAI. THE PERSON WE WORKED WITH WAS JEFF HE WAS WONDERFUL. THE JOB WAS HANDLED WHEN WE WERE AWAY AND EVERY STEP WAS EASY AND VERY PROFESSIONAL. IT HAS BEEN OVER A MONTH WITH HEAVY RAINS AND WE SAT OUT WATCHING THE BEAUTIFUL RAIN AND NOT A DROP CAME IN. WE WOULD RECOMMEND THEM WITH NO QUESTIONS
Old 06-20-2016, 04:13 PM

We had Custom Windows enclose our lanai with sliders-we are extremely happy with the job they did-they are extremely efficient & did a great job. We are ecstatic with our new room. Thank you for a job well done!

Tags
lanai, glass, paradise, enclosure, custom, team, mastercard, options, click, series, enclosed, visa, accept, months, porch, cash, retreat, existing, turn, experience, windows, beautiful, years, design, approvals

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.