Hello folks who own pools

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 12:02 PM

Default Hello folks who own pools

We are researching having a pool installed. We have the plans and a good price. My question for people who own a pool is, after a few years of owning a pool, does the luster of a pool wear off and you rarely use the pool any more? I just don't want to spend that much money and commit to weekly pool maintenance for something I could loose interest. Thanks.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:14 PM
Sage

I do not own a pool, but do own a hot tub. I am still using every day to every 3rd day, my wife has almost stopped using it. I have seen neighbors buy one, use for maybe 6 months, and its gone. I have also noticed some pools seem to never be used.
My point is this is a very personal issue, I am sure you will get replies on both sides of your question. We decided early on that we did not want the expense of a pool, but a large hot tub was a nice option, and if we stop using it we do not have a big hole in the ground to fill in....
Old 04-16-2015, 01:36 PM
Sage

We have had a pool for four days and so far we are not tired of it, but we aren't allowed in it yet. Hope we like it for a couple of months.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:41 PM

We owned a pool for 20 years. We used it a lot in the first couple of years, but for probably the last 15 years it was merely money wasted. Never again.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:45 PM
Gold member

I have had a pool for the last 15 years, and though I rarely use it, I like to look at it. It takes the place of living on a lake.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:41 PM
Eternal Member

We have lived in this house over 10 years. We put a pool in right away. I have to say the last few years we have not used it like we used to.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:54 PM

We have a pool and I use it most every day. If I had to go to the community pools to swim, I probably wouldn't.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:13 PM
Sage

In my prior home in Boca Raton Fl. I had a pool and used it everyday except cold weather. Living here in a completely different lifestyle I'd much rather go to the neighborhood pool and meet and talk with all the residents every day. When I leave and go home the cleaning, chemicals, pump upkeep, repairs etc will be taken care of.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:12 PM
Sage

Love it use it a lot, if I was to build or buy again, there must be a pool.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:14 PM
Platinum member

Since we planned to be full timers, a pool to me was essential because of the hot summers. Love jumping in to cool off and evening swims. I have solar heat but do not use it in the winter months. I wouldn't use the community pools then either. Six years and definitely would do it again.