pool spa repair service

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2016, 11:00 AM
Location: Augusta, GA, West Germany, France, Aurora, Colorado, Lexington, Virginia, Cooper City, FL, Villages
Default pool spa repair service

Anyone experience a phenomenon in which a in-ground pool spa begins to lose water steadily and has answer from experience as to cause, repair required, cost of repair and dependable repair service?

I began to experience the problem within the last month, and have to bring water level back above the skimmer about once a week. No tree roots near in-ground water circulation pipes, just shrubs. No water leak at pump or filter tank, no apparent catastrophic event of damage occurred..just began suddenly or over short period of time. T&D Concrete/pools installed in 2005, so out-of-warranty, and they tend to be most expensive. Before I call T&D for evaluation, just wanted to check options, or company with good rep for a second opinion. Interested to hear others with similar experience and details on their course of action.

Thanks for any specifics.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Craven View Post
Anyone experience a phenomenon in which a in-ground pool spa begins to lose water steadily and has answer from experience as to cause, repair required, cost of repair and dependable repair service?

I began to experience the problem within the last month, and have to bring water level back above the skimmer about once a week. No tree roots near in-ground water circulation pipes, just shrubs. No water leak at pump or filter tank, no apparent catastrophic event of damage occurred..just began suddenly or over short period of time. T&D Concrete/pools installed in 2005, so out-of-warranty, and they tend to be most expensive. Before I call T&D for evaluation, just wanted to check options, or company with good rep for a second opinion. Interested to hear others with similar experience and details on their course of action.

Thanks for any specifics.
Had you thought about evaporation? We have an automatic filler so I don't know if that is a possibility but we haven't had much rain lately and the sun has been very hot. When we had a fountain, we had to fill it daily during the hot weather.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:59 AM

I have just had the BEST experience with ACE LEAK DETECTION, 352 243-5800. After having T&D fool around with my swim spa for over a year, Ace found multiple leaks quickly and repaired them at a very reasonable cost. My involvement with T&D was not a particularly good one, and I wanted a company that I could trust to maintain my spa, after all of the leaks were repaired. Ace recommended SPARKLING WATERS, (352) 633-2578. They have been so responsive to each and every question, and believe me I had a lot. I wouldn't go back to T&D for any reason.
Old 06-23-2016, 04:56 PM

I had the same problem with my spa, when the pump shut down at the end of the day the spa was full but by the next morning the spa was missing half of its water. It turns out that the check valve that holds the water in the spa was broken allowing the water to flow back into the pool. Valve replaced for $55.00.
Closed Thread

Tags
experience, water, repair, spa, service

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.