Pool water testing

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2016, 07:12 PM
Default Pool water testing

Anyone aware of the procedures in place for testing the pool water in the Villages? Overheard a conversation where it was stated that a number of Village pools had high readings for urine. Are our pools regularly tested for such things and are records kept? It's definitely something that I would like to know.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjac View Post
Anyone aware of the procedures in place for testing the pool water in the Villages? Overheard a conversation where it was stated that a number of Village pools had high readings for urine. Are our pools regularly tested for such things and are records kept? It's definitely something that I would like to know.
You hear a lot of rumors around here. You can help this situation by not peeing in the pool.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:40 PM
Sage
Default Pool water testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You hear a lot of rumors around here. You can help this situation by not peeing in the pool.
Bless their little hearts. A person I admire should teach them there is no "P" in Sumter.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
If I really wanted to know.... I would ask the Rec. Dept. Hey, at least I didn't say "Depends"
Old 04-26-2016, 07:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Here is the contact number................but you will have to do the calling.
Recreation Administration
984 Old Mill Run
The Villages, FL 32162

Phone: 352-674-1800
Old 04-28-2016, 11:00 AM

There are facilities at every single pool. There is no excuse for ANYONE peeing in any pool....but rest assured .....as disgusting and unacceptable it as it may be.....it is happening....simply ask any pool maintenance person. They might even tell you which villages have the highest readings! Being older is not an excuse for being lazy!
Old 04-28-2016, 11:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
There are facilities at every single pool. There is no excuse for ANYONE peeing in any pool....but rest assured .....as disgusting and unacceptable it as it may be.....it is happening....simply ask any pool maintenance person. They might even tell you which villages have the highest readings! Being older is not an excuse for being lazy!

OP didn't state Which pools tested high. Maybe the family pools ??
Old 04-28-2016, 11:19 AM
Gold member

we have our private pool tested...monthly at the local pool store. you bring them a water sample and they calculate.

I do have to say, when they put the water into the computer and print out the report....I have never seen a particular test for pee.

Chlorine, acid, ph, alge... ect.. ....but never pee...?
Old 04-28-2016, 11:39 AM
Veteran member

T&D just happened to be at my house working on my pool when I read this. I asked the guy if there is even a test that exists. He laughed and said "no, and if there was, TV wouldn't spend the extra $$ to find out!"

More senseless rumors.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
we have our private pool tested...monthly at the local pool store. you bring them a water sample and they calculate.

I do have to say, when they put the water into the computer and print out the report....I have never seen a particular test for pee.

Bingo.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post

It would have to be tested for Uric Acid, which they do not test for.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Sounds like a rumor to me, but no way to prove it is or isn't so.

I don't know how you can catch the perps here. You can call the number that Bogie Shooter gave you and find out if there is a test for urine.

THEN what is the next step?

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-28-2016 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Here is the contact number................but you will have to do the calling.
Recreation Administration
984 Old Mill Run
The Villages, FL 32162

Phone: 352-674-1800
Quote:
So, did you call or just get your information from "any pool maintenance person"? BTW how do they test to determine these readings?
Old 04-29-2016, 08:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I would be more concerned about the high levels of feces in the community pools. If people knew how much human feces was in the community pools, most would quit going. And don't get me started on the water volleyballers. Does anyone really think old people can play in the water for an hour straight without going to the bathroom? What do you think all those bladder control commercials are about? They're not for 20 year-olds. The pre-pool showers don't fix this problem, either. DO NOT open your mouth under water! And when you do, DON'T swallow.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:24 AM
Default Then how do we know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Bingo.
....that there's REALLY no pee in Lake Sum(p?)ter??

Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit. Aristotle
Closed Thread

Tags
pools, pool, testing, water, things, tested, regularly, records, village, villages, overheard, conversation, place, procedures, aware, high, readings, number, stated, urine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.