San Juan Fibreglass Pools

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2021, 04:05 AM
Post San Juan Fibreglass Pools

Thinking of using some of the lawn space on our corner lot to have a pool - has anyone had a San Juan fibreglass pool ? Any feedback appreciated
Old 02-24-2021, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterandjanet View Post
Thinking of using some of the lawn space on our corner lot to have a pool - has anyone had a San Juan fibreglass pool ? Any feedback appreciated
I had a vinyl pool on two homes in Pensacola. It's different from fiberglass but they are both different from the usual gunite pools that 99% have here. Pensacola away from the beach is very high above the water table. The city's elevation is over 100' above sea level. I've heard stories of fiberglass pools near the water level popping up out of the ground. After a hurricane or a big rain storm and the water table comes up, they come up. If you're not in a swampy area, you might OK. You might check into vinyl pools, they were cheap in the panhandle.

This vinyl pool I had installed in Pensacola in 1979 for $5,000, here's a photo taken in 2013, (34 years later). It's a 16X32 with steps and a ladder. I had another one added to another home 2 years later that was 18x36 with steps, ladder, underwater lights and diving board for $8,000.

The Villages Florida
Old 02-24-2021, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Don't give up on the fiberglass idea, I'm sure the pool builder would study your location before going ahead. It sounds like you're on a limited budget. Here's another suggestion that might work. Spa Kingdon in Fruitland Park has spas up to 17' to 20' in length. You might look into them.

Spa Kingdon Fruitland Park, Florida

The Villages Florida
Old 02-26-2021, 02:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

OP, before you go too far, be sure to check with ARC there are setbacks from roads (10 to 20 feet) where you cannot have anything permanent installed. You can call Sumter County building department and get a copy of your plat plan that will show all of the setback and build lines. With that you can contact ARC and give a sketch of proposed pool, you will probably need to have a second submittal for the final design. I do not know what the requirement are for restricting access to the pool, all I have seen are in birdcages and fences are generally not allowed. IMHO, you have some homework to do.
Old 02-26-2021, 03:27 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,296 Times in 557 Posts

Very good info... I'm watching
Closed Thread

Tags
san, fibreglass, pool, juan, feedback

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.