Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Building in Buttonwood (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/building-buttonwood-30181/)

dpingram 07-06-2010 08:40 AM

Building in Buttonwood

I've been a "lurker" reading post, making a comment here and there, and even PM a few individuals. (mainly because I've just figured out how to do this posting stuff---I think) Anyway, my husband and I purchased a lot in Buttonwood in April and hope to build after the first of the year. Of course selling the house in Virginia is a must. Just keeping my fingers and toes crossed. We even brought sand from our lot in TV and poured it around the base of our "For Sale" sign. We've heard that is the magic needed. Would like to get acquainted with now and future Buttonwooders. Our home will be on Harding Path at the bend in the road after you pass Quiet Oak. I am taking notes each time I read post esp. concerning contractors etc... because after we close on the house we will be enclosing the lanai as an additional room and putting in a pool. Thanks to all TV's for your recommendations.
Donnie

Russ_Boston 07-06-2010 09:06 AM

We have a lot on Abbey Way and are building at the end of this year. We also will be extending our lanai to add a pool (on the side of the house). We are going to go with T&D. In fact we already met with them to get a quick estimate and layout.

We won't be moving in until 2012 with the pool to follow.

jaspal 07-06-2010 12:12 PM

Hi Donnie,

We also bought a lot in Buttonwood on Beecher. What street did you buy on? I'd love to find someone to talk with who also will live on Buttonwood. We will start to build next month. We will close in October. Love to hear from you.

Pat

Kelsie52 07-06-2010 01:28 PM

Hi folks webought in Buttonwood also----Chalmer Terrace ---hope
to start building in the next fewmonths

cant wait

SALYBOW 07-06-2010 01:50 PM

Buttonwood or bust

We are closing on our home in Buttonwood on July 23rd. It is on Valley Oak Street. We are not too far from Abbey so I will be the lille lost girl hanging around Russ's pool...drooling. LOL:a20:

Shimpy 07-06-2010 01:57 PM

WE have now lived in Buttonwood for 2 months on Eldon Pl, and I appreciate it every day. I enjoy living in a new neighborhood watching it grow. Eldon is right off Harding Path and I can probably look out my window next to my computer right now and see your lot. I hope that Villages sand works for you.

nniles 07-06-2010 02:07 PM

Adding a pool later

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ_Boston (Post 273430)
We have a lot on Abbey Way and are building at the end of this year. We also will be extending our lanai to add a pool (on the side of the house). We are going to go with T&D. In fact we already met with them to get a quick estimate and layout.

We won't be moving in until 2012 with the pool to follow.

We are going to TV next week to pick out a site and build after the new year. It will be in Buttonwood. However, we are looking at putting in the pool when building the home rather than waiting until later. I was told it was less expensive to put it in a the same time. It sounds like you all are going to do it later. It sounds like you were told something different?

Thanks for any input. Nancy

Shimpy 07-06-2010 02:10 PM

Sometimes putting in a pool in an existing home is more expensive due to access to the back yard, and then what has to be replaced that was damaged such as plants, lawn and sprinkler system.

Russ_Boston 07-06-2010 05:22 PM

I was told it can be slightly less to put it while new but I have no choice since I won't be living in the home for some time. I doubt if the savings are very much. It's expensive no matter!!!

T&D told us to make sure they don't put any plants or utilities in the proposed pool area. The only thing to move will be the irrigation.

Pturner 07-06-2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpingram (Post 273424)
I've been a "lurker" reading post, making a comment here and there, and even PM a few individuals. (mainly because I've just figured out how to do this posting stuff---I think) Anyway, my husband and I purchased a lot in Buttonwood in April and hope to build after the first of the year. Of course selling the house in Virginia is a must. Just keeping my fingers and toes crossed. We even brought sand from our lot in TV and poured it around the base of our "For Sale" sign. We've heard that is the magic needed. Would like to get acquainted with now and future Buttonwooders. Our home will be on Harding Path at the bend in the road after you pass Quiet Oak. I am taking notes each time I read post esp. concerning contractors etc... because after we close on the house we will be enclosing the lanai as an additional room and putting in a pool. Thanks to all TV's for your recommendations.
Donnie

Donnie,
Congratulations on your Buttonwood lot. Welcome to TV and TOTV!

:wine:

nniles 07-06-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ_Boston (Post 273535)
I was told it can be slightly less to put it while new but I have no choice since I won't be living in the home for some time. I doubt if the savings are very much. It's expensive no matter!!!

T&D told us to make sure they don't put any plants or utilities in the proposed pool area. The only thing to move will be the irrigation.

Thanks for the quick reply. Nancy

LittleDog 07-06-2010 07:57 PM

I sometimes wonder why a lot of people feel the need to put in a pool. I live in the Village of Poinciana and within a mile and a half from my house I figure there are at least 7 pools. There are a lot of improvements you will probably want to make with your new home without also spending money on a pool. However if you feel the need for your own pool go to it!!!

John

Zoomie1955 07-06-2010 08:10 PM

future lot owners

My husband and I were down to visit TV this past May...loved it!
We have friends that live there and we had to come down to see for ourselves.

My problem is I can not retire until May 2011 and has been told if you buy a homesite you only have six months to build. I do not want anyone living in my house before me. Basically, I want to be the first to pee in my pot!!!!

Now our Sales Agent told us some of the lots in Buttonwood are now up to one year to build. How is this possible?

I need reasurance to go to the next step!!!!!

Any help would be appreciated!!!:)

gonefromkent 07-06-2010 09:55 PM

Shimpy, My wife and I are closing on Friday July 9 on house on Eldon Place..We are at the other end of the street by Chancy Way. We look forward to meeting all our neighbors on Eldon Place....

dpingram 07-07-2010 07:21 AM

I guess the main reason people put in their own pools.....
1. Flexibility of time
2. Convenience
3. Suit or no suit!

Russ_Boston 07-07-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpingram (Post 273652)
I guess the main reason people put in their own pools.....
1. Flexibility of time
2. Convenience
3. Suit or no suit!

I rented a pool home in Bonita this year and loved it!!!

I just got out of bed each morning and did my exercises to wake up in the pool. The ability to relax in the pool with MY music on was a plus. My wife always wanted an in-ground pool in her yard. So she gets what she wants:)

Russ_Boston 07-07-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoomie1955 (Post 273580)
My husband and I were down to visit TV this past May...loved it!

My problem is I can not retire until May 2011 and has been told if you buy a homesite you only have six months to build. I do not want anyone living in my house before me. Basically, I want to be the first to pee in my pot!!!!

Now our Sales Agent told us some of the lots in Buttonwood are now up to one year to build. How is this possible?

Any help would be appreciated!!!:)

We bought our lot in May and were told 6 months in that subsection with the lot we chose. I did get the feeling that IF I pushed it I could negotiate something different. My agent did say that any sort of golf lot was 3 months and other premium (larger, corner, street etc.) were 6 months. Interior lots in Buttonwood were 12 months.

Hope that helps.

Kelsie52 07-08-2010 04:08 PM

[QUOTE=Zoomie1955;273580]My husband and I were down to visit TV this past May...loved it!

It seems they will give different time frames --according to how sales are going----We were there in December and were told THREE months to build on a lot we liked ---returned in JUNE they gave us 6 months in the same area .

I have read several folks getting a year --They will not waiver on price but you can work with them on the timefame.

Good Luck :beer3:

cherylncliff 07-08-2010 06:23 PM

Buttonwood Neighbors

We purchased a lot on Claverton just at the beginning of the cul-de-sac. We will be down the end of July to pick out house details with the build starting in Sept. We are leaning toward a Lilly and plan to add a large bird cage on the back and perhaps wrap around the side. We got a 6-month delay from purchase of the lot. We currently have a pool in MI and it is nice but is more work then we want in our retirement. We might just buy a kiddie pool for the lanai:1rotfl: We look forward to meeting all of our new neighbors and starting our new lives in TV

nniles 07-09-2010 11:53 AM

Pool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ_Boston (Post 273834)
I rented a pool home in Bonita this year and loved it!!!

I just got out of bed each morning and did my exercises to wake up in the pool. The ability to relax in the pool with MY music on was a plus. My wife always wanted an in-ground pool in her yard. So she gets what she wants:)

That does sound great, Russ. :oHaving a pool is our way of having our own little waterfront. My husband grew up on the water and we have lived near the beach for many years so this is our way of being near water but being in our dream place TV!!!

Nancy

Jhooman 08-05-2010 08:53 AM

Hi Donnie,

We purchased our lot last month in Buttonwood on Graves Place. I'm so there! We will put our home on the market in Jan. 2011. I'm going to ask my Dad to send me some sand to sprinkle on my Sale sign too!

We extended our Lanai 4 feet. We decided against a pool because our home sits between two fabulous pools within walking distance. What's great about the TV you can do whatever makes you happy.

We are so thrilled about this new chapter of our lives. Also knowing that many people are choosing to move to TV from all over the country, gives me the courage to make this huge move from California. I have some fear about leaving my kid, grandkid and friends. But TV is calling me.

Congratulations!

Jeanette

jerry miller 08-05-2010 11:15 AM

Welcome to Buttonwood,we closed in June on a home there.We have been meeting new neighbors from various states while there. We still have house in PA also. You will love the area and the people.:BigApplause:

Boudicca 08-05-2010 12:35 PM

Buttonwood "Oldies"

Hi newbies. We are "oldies" having lived in Buttonwood since May!! We live on Buttonwood Run, which was literally a dirt pile back in May, and is now almost built out. There is one vacant lot opposite our home (the end of Buttonwood Run), and one behind us which is actually Chancy. Neither have "sold" signs and we are curious as to what home style will eventually be built. Our road boasts many "At Ease" homes. Welcome to "Shangrila", this is an awesome place to live. :a040:

Kelsie52 08-05-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrandell (Post 281452)
Hi newbies. We are "oldies" having lived in Buttonwood since May!! We live on Buttonwood Run, which was literally a dirt pile back in May, and is now almost built out. There is one vacant lot opposite our home (the end of Buttonwood Run), and one behind us which is actually Chancy. Neither have "sold" signs and we are curious as to what home style will eventually be built. Our road boasts many "At Ease" homes. Welcome to "Shangrila", this is an awesome place to live. :a040:

Hello there oldies---lol we bought in June and are coming down next week to finailize and to start building/ our house here in NY just went into contract --we hope to be there in Buttonwwod full time by end of Oct ---:pepper2::beer3:

Tom Hannon 08-05-2010 03:03 PM

My closing on my Buttonwood home is Aug 16. I live on Kincord Court. I met a few of my neighbors and they seem like good people. From my experience, most people in the Villages are nice people. I'll catch up with you guys soon. PS: It used to be- "Old people came to Florida to die. These days- They come to The Villages to live."

Dan =^..^= 08-05-2010 03:06 PM

Welcome to Buttonwood and TV!

I know how excited you must be because we're closing on our Buttonwood house in less than a week. :pepper2: :2excited:

Russ_Boston 08-05-2010 04:35 PM

I already love all my Buttonwood neighbors!

pooh 08-05-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jhooman (Post 281403)
Hi Donnie,

We purchased our lot last month in Buttonwood on Graves Place. I'm so there! We will put our home on the market in Jan. 2011. I'm going to ask my Dad to send me some sand to sprinkle on my Sale sign too!

We extended our Lanai 4 feet. We decided against a pool because our home sits between two fabulous pools within walking distance. What's great about the TV you can do whatever makes you happy.

We are so thrilled about this new chapter of our lives. Also knowing that many people are choosing to move to TV from all over the country, gives me the courage to make this huge move from California. I have some fear about leaving my kid, grandkid and friends. But TV is calling me.

Congratulations!

Jeanette

Welcome! We made the move from CA in 2006 and haven't regretted it for even one second. You're going to love it here....and your kid as well as grandkid will love it here, too. They'll visit lots. I know you'll miss your friends, but you'll make lots of new friends when you arrive. Computers offer a great way to stay in touch with family and friends.

Buttonwood is moving right along. We drive down and check on things every so often. You're going to be in a lovely village... :)

designerk 08-05-2010 05:40 PM

Hi, Moving to buttonwood in two weeks, our house will be on Beecher Path, can't wait it has turned out so cute. Looking forward to making new friends and get my business up and going. I am a color designer for homes so it should be fun to help a lotof new people!

designerk 08-05-2010 05:53 PM

hi, our house on Beecher path will be ready aug 18 to close and we will be moving on the 21st.... our address is 2153 and would love to know who our neighbors.... moving from Tampa so it will not be too far for a move. seeeyou soon Kay and John

oceangirl 08-05-2010 08:01 PM

Buttonwood

We are also building in Buttonwood.:wave: Came down in July and fell in love.
This is all happening so fast. But loving every minute. Does anyone have any information on AARP After this past winter :cold:I am ready for warm weather..

jaspal 08-05-2010 08:42 PM

Just saw your note. We have lot #20--2159. Our lot is empty. I have a piture that someone sent with 2 houses to my right & 2 to the left of out lot. I bet you are in one of these homes.

Email me back...... Pat

Kelsie52 08-05-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by designerk (Post 281520)
hi, our house on Beecher path will be ready aug 18 to close and we will be moving on the 21st.... our address is 2153 and would love to know who our neighbors.... moving from Tampa so it will not be too far for a move. seeeyou soon Kay and John

we will be a few blocks away --on Chalmer Terrace ---starting to build next week we hope --want to be in by end of Oct ---:pepper2:

vj1213 08-12-2010 05:41 PM

Hi! We closed on home in Buttonwood on Kincord Ct. on 7/9. (Hi, Tom) Have basically spent the last month unpacking boxes and trying to get organized. I am really looking forward to all my neighbors closing and moving in and also getting out and meeting others and making new friends and getting involved.

Tom Hannon 08-12-2010 05:52 PM

We are new Buttonwood Village person also. An Iris on Kincord Court, a culd-da-sac next to Red Fish Run Golf Course. Closing is August 16. We are from Long Island. East Meadow, Ronkonkoma and Patchogue.

Kelsie52 08-13-2010 07:15 AM

Hi Tom --are you in TV now --we just arrived yesterday--will purchase this weekend ---good luck on your closing---

Rich/Liz

oceangirl 08-13-2010 08:27 AM

Buttonwood

Can't wait to move to TV. love reading about our new neighbors in Buttonwood. Our salesman gave us a map of our area. We will be on Bachman Path. How can I find out where some of you are building. Our map only shows our general area. Does not show other streets names . Please keep sharing your great ideas. :pepper2:

:a040:

Tom Hannon 08-13-2010 08:40 AM

Hi Rich/Liz,

I am currently on Long Island (From East Meadow/Ronkonkoma) We will be down to see our house from Sept 7th thru the 14th. Then back to LI for a month or so. Hope to be back in late October or the winter. Trying to get my wife to let go of the house up north and be full time Village People. On my map, my street (Kincord Court) is the last steet on the map. I'd ask the real estate guy for a more current map. We bought an Iris. Was looking for a Gardenia but the Iris was perfect. Keep in touch guys. Tom and Carol

Russ_Boston 08-13-2010 09:23 AM

Tom & Carol - We saw your house this week. Very nice backing up to the street like that.

As I mentioned earlier that lot was our original first choice in May but we opted for a corner lot across the street on Abbey.

Best of luck and see you soon.

Russ & Linda

Tom Hannon 08-13-2010 10:06 AM

Thanks Russ. The property is perfect. Because I am at three o'clock the house is set back from my neighbors on each side of me. When you look out the lanai you see neither house and because the back is facing the street I have 25 feet + another 20-25 feet for the road + another 25 feet on the other side of the raod. Instead of having my neighbor behind me 15 feet away, I have approx 75 feet. The lawn guy wants $50 a month. More than fair. Once I'm down there full time, I'd like to add a few palm trees and add some landscaping to block off the road somewhat. I met two of the neighbors already and they are GREAT. PS: My best friend lives 1.8 miloes away in Poinciena.