Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Received new Village survey, any suggestions? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/received-new-village-survey-any-suggestions-145726/)

jebartle 03-02-2015 03:51 PM

Received new Village survey, any suggestions?

This place is almost perfect, can you help me with some suggestions on how to improve perfection?

Avista 03-02-2015 04:09 PM

Apple Store!

sunnyatlast 03-02-2015 04:21 PM

Last year, they didn't include a write-in section of suggestions/comments. I felt this was needed because some questions weren't asked.

The place is darn near perfect!

I agree.....Apple Store and Home Goods!!

Will VDS 03-02-2015 04:23 PM

suggestion for dog walkers

We need signs at the pool area's telling some dog walkers to remember to pickup there dogs crap, it's the right thing to do.

jebartle 03-02-2015 04:38 PM

good one sunnyatlast

I LOVE Home Goods!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnyatlast (Post 1022061)
Last year, they didn't include a write-in section of suggestions/comments. I felt this was needed because some questions weren't asked.

The place is darn near perfect!

I agree.....Apple Store and Home Goods!!

jebartle 03-02-2015 04:41 PM

I know your pain Will VDS

I have two "Please No Pet" signs and just added another one because one neighbor needed a new reminder!....:pray:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will VDS (Post 1022064)
We need signs at the pool area's telling some dog walkers to remember to pickup there dogs crap, it's the right thing to do.

Wiserbud47 03-02-2015 04:48 PM

Survey

We could use a COSTCO and a Trader Joes. Then the Villages would be "perfect."

blyarbrough 03-02-2015 04:49 PM

Too heck with the stores, etc. The Villages is going to OVER BUILD this very nice place and most do not know it because you come from Big Cities........ Moreses will over build and the sell to someone else and we all will be left ho.ding the bag,,,,,, Wake Up People

!00,000 great folks and now we need 25,000 more.......their is no end to their greed.......STOP BUILDING......

Yung Dum 03-02-2015 05:05 PM

Ban stinky gas carts.

Cisco Kid 03-02-2015 05:07 PM

Ban the dog haters

jebartle 03-02-2015 05:21 PM

Hi Cisco Kid

I don't think there are dog haters, I love my little dog, I think the issue is what comes out of their butt and where they deposit it!...Ha!:wave:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cisco Kid (Post 1022097)
Ban the dog haters

Bogie Shooter 03-02-2015 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blyarbrough (Post 1022082)
Too heck with the stores, etc. The Villages is going to OVER BUILD this very nice place and most do not know it because you come from Big Cities........ Moreses will over build and the sell to someone else and we all will be left ho.ding the bag,,,,,, Wake Up People

!00,000 great folks and now we need 25,000 more.......their is no end to their greed.......STOP BUILDING......

Are you sorry you bought here?

rubicon 03-02-2015 05:32 PM

I am not sorry I bought here but I am concerned that District's focus is misplaced. If you analyze the survey it amounts to "the state of the amenities". This is not a vacation destination its my home.

Cisco Kid 03-02-2015 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jebartle (Post 1022103)
I don't think there are dog haters, I love my little dog, I think the issue is what comes out of their butt and where they deposit it!...Ha!:wave:

That issue has to do with the dogs owner. The same person will toss a beer bottle in to your yard.

Ban stupid people !!!

Wait , I might not get back in. :sigh:

lovinganimals 03-02-2015 05:55 PM

Quote:

I agree. I moved here not quite 2 years ago. The first summer I could easily find a parking space at Publix Colony. Now I can't even find one with the golf cart. I told my husband that we moved to New York City.

2BNTV 03-02-2015 06:13 PM

1. I would like to see staggered street signs. Impossible to see side streets, especially, at night.

2, A policy enforce to keep people from saving seats at the squares, for invisible people.

3. A Trader Joe's and Home Goods store would be nice. Last time I was at the Trader Joe's in Gainesville, I asked if TV, would ever get one and the cashier said, he was asked that at least 42 times a day.

JoMar 03-02-2015 06:19 PM

Quote:

Is the sky falling?

asianthree 03-02-2015 06:21 PM

Calm down the :rant-rave: people.

kstew43 03-02-2015 06:28 PM

we have a trader joes here in pembroke pines...florida...I have to tell you I dont get it......they sell items with names I do not recogonize, and a very limited supply of meats, prepackaged deli.....and lots of stuff I would never buy.

I perfer the old fashion italian markets we have, Doris's and western beef,

I only buy fruit from trader joes, I really just don't get the appeal they have to people.....

am I missing it?

on the plus side, we have 6 home goods stores within 15 miles of my home. Now that I get....big fan of Home goods

asianthree 03-02-2015 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstew43 (Post 1022164)
we have a trader joes here in pembroke pines...florida...I have to tell you I dont get it......they sell items with names I do not recogonize, and a very limited supply of meats, prepackaged deli.....and lots of stuff I would never buy.

I perfer the old fashion italian markets we have, Doris's and western beef,

I only buy fruit from trader joes, I really just don't get the appeal they have to people.....

am I missing it?

on the plus side, we have 6 home goods stores within 15 miles of my home. Now that I get....big fan of Home goods

Kosher. Brined turkey during the holidays. No phosphate or nitrites. The brands are their own. Like groceries who use their own brands.

Mleeja 03-02-2015 06:43 PM

I am a person of simple means, I would just like free wireless access at the pools!

mm1717 03-02-2015 06:48 PM

Forget asking for all the stores and restaurants you would like to see here,I have been asking for all those for the last 11 years haven't seen one yet !!!

sunnyatlast 03-02-2015 06:49 PM

Quote:

"their greed"? I think it is greedy to want to keep this beautiful place all to oneself and deny others a chance to live like a millionaire while paying middle-income prices for nice homes and property taxes, and only $140/month for all the costly amenities.

gomoho 03-02-2015 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovinganimals (Post 1022140)
I agree. I moved here not quite 2 years ago. The first summer I could easily find a parking space at Publix Colony. Now I can't even find one with the golf cart. I told my husband that we moved to New York City.

We lasted exactly 2 years to the day. Couldn't deal with the traffic and congestion and wall to wall people and houses. So we left!

Mleeja 03-02-2015 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomoho (Post 1022187)
We lasted exactly 2 years to the day. Couldn't deal with the traffic and congestion and wall to wall people and houses. So we left!

You left NYC or TV?

marianne237 03-02-2015 07:04 PM

Congestion is a big problem....streets are insufficient for the traffic. And don't even ask me about the tall weeds (greenery) at the round a bouts.....

kstew43 03-02-2015 07:20 PM

Quote:

us too......bought a place in the Plantations, 30 minutes south. Quieter, and Crime wave hasn't hit here as of yet and hopefully with the gated security will never.....knock on wood....

applesoffh 03-02-2015 07:31 PM

We stopped filling out the questionnaire - same stuff every year and nothing, NOTHING, changes as far as our wants are concerned. Stores will open here if they see a need. Costco, Trader Joe's, etc., wouldn't open within TV, and would need a major incentive to build on 441/27, 301, 44, etc. BTW, folks who say TV is becoming congested like NYC have absolutely no idea what NYC is like! Yes, it's getting busier here, especially in the newer areas. The Colony shopping area is a nightmare, and will get worse with the opening of TV at Fruitland Park. Having come from Queens, NY, this is paradise!

billethkid 03-02-2015 07:33 PM

Wow....the OP did not know they were lighting the keg of powder that awakens all those who don't like it here.

I bet they do not go to any public attractions.
No ball games.
No Disney or other theme parks.
No concerts.
When they travel they must take roads that only go through little towns.
They obviously come from places where they don't have to wait for a table in a restaurant (both of them:jester:).
No Grand Canyon.
No cruises.

How terrible can all that be?

And if the same folks were here 11 years ago they would have said how can we live here there are no major stores or restaurants. And the population was 35,000.

I am sure the moabers and groaners are entitled to their likes and opinions. And it is obvious they moved to the wrong location.

Also remember you will find less crowded, very quiet typical retirement communities.........and not the life extending and enjoying life style.

The 98% of us that are happy as clams feel bad for some of you....for about 2.675 nano seconds:a20:

Mleeja 03-02-2015 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1022221)
Wow....the OP did not know they were lighting the keg of powder that awakens all those who don't like it here.

I bet they do not go to any public attractions.
No ball games.
No Disney or other theme parks.
No concerts.
When they travel they must take roads that only go through little towns.
They obviously come from places where they don't have to wait for a table in a restaurant (both of them:jester:).
No Grand Canyon.
No cruises.

How terrible can all that be?

And if the same folks were here 11 years ago they would have said how can we live here there are no major stores or restaurants. And the population was 35,000.

I am sure the moabers and groaners are entitled to their likes and opinions. And it is obvious they moved to the wrong location.

Also remember you will find less crowded, very quiet typical retirement communities.........and not the life extending and enjoying life style.

The 98% of us that are happy as clams feel bad for some of you....for about 2.675 nano seconds:a20:

Well said! :bigbow:

NYGUY 03-02-2015 09:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstew43 (Post 1022207)
us too......bought a place in the Plantations, 30 minutes south. Quieter, and Crime wave hasn't hit here as of yet and hopefully with the gated security will never.....knock on wood....

Why are you still posting on TOTV?...:shrug::wave:

VT2TV 03-02-2015 10:09 PM

Some way to identify owners of golf carts

Speed bumps on roads and multi-modal pathways

Have an actual police dept in TV--I can't even tell you the last time I saw CW on our street.

I am sure it is not Legal,so don't need to tell me so, but it would be nice to have a policy or enforced rule that makes it wrong for anyone to live here in TV longer than ??6months unless their name is on the house deed-would eliminate moms,dads, grams, and grads from letting entitled kids come here to live.

have some way to actually monitor visitors to TV and surrounding areas from abusing ammentities, ie..keep people who live in the area from using out of town licenses, etc to get a pass. And yes, it happens a lot.

Stop building houses in TV, too many people, too many people on the roads, and on the MMpaths.

More Parking everywhere.

LuckySevens 03-02-2015 10:16 PM

Home Goods coming

Quote:

Originally Posted by jebartle (Post 1022072)
I LOVE Home Goods!

Home Goods is coming to 441 this year.

sunnyatlast 03-02-2015 10:28 PM

Quote:

"it would be nice to have a policy or enforced rule that makes it wrong for anyone to live here in TV longer than ??6months unless their name is on the house deed-would eliminate moms,dads, grams, and grads from letting entitled kids come here to live.
I rub my eyes. How in the world do you know facts about significant numbers of "entitled kids" living here with moms, dads and grands???????

We live in a courtyard neighborhood with 72 villas and none have "entitled kids" living with the parents or grandparents.

I HAVE, however, met 2 workers at Winn Dixie who are living here to help their fathers while their mothers were dying and then died, and they are living here to keep their lonely dads company!!!!!! And working as a cashier at W-D certainly is not "entitled".

My hair's on fire now, just thinking about the suggestion quoted above. Really creepy attitude.

Colts Fan 03-02-2015 10:32 PM

If you really, truly, believe that The Villages are headed for implosion, the best thing you could do would be to sell now. The market is still good at present, so it makes good economic sense. Not trying to push you out, just suggesting the best move under your interpretation of the situation.

I really don't see greed in the Morse family. Are they wealthy - sure. But they seem to be continuing to work in the enterprise. A community like this could have been taken in the direction of exclusivity. While there are some fairly expensive homes in my neighborhood, there are also homes like ours that are middle class affordable. I don't feel, in the least, that I was overcharged for my new home. The developer has continued to provided new town squares, new rec centers, new executive golf courses, and new country clubs as the community has expanded. I don't foresee them abandoning such a long term commitment to The Villages.

No place is perfect for everyone. We've only been here for 3 months, so maybe I'm speaking prematurely, but we think it's a pretty fantastic hometown.

twoplanekid 03-02-2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VT2TV (Post 1022292)
Some way to identify owners of golf carts (YES

Speed bumps on roads and multi-modal pathways (NO)

I believe that the Districts will be looking into all aspects of golf cart use with an eye to greater safety for all.

Yung Dum 03-02-2015 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnyatlast (Post 1022297)
I rub my eyes. How in the world do you know facts about significant numbers of "entitled kids" living here with moms, dads and grands???????

We live in a courtyard neighborhood with 72 villas and none have "entitled kids" living with the parents or grandparents.

I HAVE, however, met 2 workers at Winn Dixie who are living here to help their fathers while their mothers were dying and then died, and they are living here to keep their lonely dads company!!!!!! And working as a cashier at W-D certainly is not "entitled".

My hair's on fire now, just thinking about the suggestion quoted above. Really creepy attitude.

Thank you, sunny.

jebartle 03-03-2015 01:40 AM

Good news

Wow! I knew that Stein Mart was coming but Home Goods is even better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckySevens (Post 1022295)
Home Goods is coming to 441 this year.

Madelaine Amee 03-03-2015 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts Fan (Post 1022301)
If you really, truly, believe that The Villages are headed for implosion, the best thing you could do would be to sell now. The market is still good at present, so it makes good economic sense. Not trying to push you out, just suggesting the best move under your interpretation of the situation.

I really don't see greed in the Morse family. Are they wealthy - sure. But they seem to be continuing to work in the enterprise. A community like this could have been taken in the direction of exclusivity. While there are some fairly expensive homes in my neighborhood, there are also homes like ours that are middle class affordable. I don't feel, in the least, that I was overcharged for my new home. The developer has continued to provided new town squares, new rec centers, new executive golf courses, and new country clubs as the community has expanded. I don't foresee them abandoning such a long term commitment to The Villages.

No place is perfect for everyone. We've only been here for 3 months, so maybe I'm speaking prematurely, but we think it's a pretty fantastic hometown.

Nice post .............:mademyday:

CFrance 03-03-2015 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts Fan (Post 1022301)

So well put. I think overall the developer and family have done a great job and deserve to reap the financial rewards of their vision and hard work. Is there room for improvement? Yes. But there's room for improvement everywhere.

I'm not even going to complain about the roundabouts anymore. We just got back from a place with few traffic rules and huge roundabouts. Thank God I wasn't driving. Someone would be dead.