Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Championship Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/championship-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-473/)
-   -   Hacienda GC (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/championship-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-473/hacienda-gc-309978/)

Burgy 08-11-2020 09:11 AM

Hacienda GC

Anyone know or have an idea what will happen with Hacienda Hills GC.? Will the courses continue or be built over?

Stu from NYC 08-11-2020 09:19 AM

There are two other threads on the subject of Hacienda running now.

Best answer so far is maybe.

tophcfa 08-15-2020 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burgy (Post 1815830)
Anyone know or have an idea what will happen with Hacienda Hills GC.? Will the courses continue or be built over?

Very good question, I wish I knew the answer? It was pointed out in another thread that there does not appear to be enough space to build the monstrosity apartment complex in the space where the pro shop, restaurant, pool, and tennis courts used to be. Time will tell. I think if the developer does eliminate Championship golf they will be shooting themselves in the foot. No one will ever again feel comfortable paying a premium for a golf course lot/home.

vagent711 08-15-2020 09:28 PM

There is 7 acres on which the apartments and amenities will be built. All three 9 holes courses will continue as they have in the past.

tophcfa 08-16-2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vagent711 (Post 1818174)
There is 7 acres on which the apartments and amenities will be built. All three 9 holes courses will continue as they have in the past.

I very much hope that you are correct. Where did you get this information?

bobnyce 08-16-2020 10:34 AM

I think the way things have gone so far, everything is pure speculation. To build 300 apartments they will either be very tall or spread out. One or the other. And what about parking, the suggested pool available to all Villagers, and the restaurant? Really, can anyone imagine what else will go missing?

JoMar 08-16-2020 10:50 AM

Go look at the Lofts in Brownwood. 265 Apartments. We really should stop speculating on something we know nothing about.

Huskies 08-16-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

It’s our understanding that it will be a 9 hole course

vagent711 08-16-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1818341)
I very much hope that you are correct. Where did you get this information?

Directly from leadership in the Districts Management office, after meetings with the Developer

Joanne19335 08-17-2020 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vagent711 (Post 1818174)

And you know this for sure, how?

Annabel's Mom 08-17-2020 12:28 PM

Unless in writing it cannot now be believed.

graciegirl 08-17-2020 12:42 PM

Quote:

NO GOLF COURSE IN THE VILLAGES HAS BEEN BUILT OVER. A Country Club restaurant building has been removed. Period. AMEN.

George Page 08-18-2020 05:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Let’s build it big and beautiful ... more money!

Buckeye Bob 08-19-2020 03:57 PM

There is absolutely nothing in writing with the developer about a restaurant.

DonH57 08-20-2020 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1817978)
Very good question, I wish I knew the answer? It was pointed out in another thread that there does not appear to be enough space to build the monstrosity apartment complex in the space where the pro shop, restaurant, pool, and tennis courts used to be. Time will tell. I think if the developer does eliminate Championship golf they will be shooting themselves in the foot. No one will ever again feel comfortable paying a premium for a golf course lot/home.

Imagine buying a golf course lot and the next thing you know you know later you are now facing someone's living room, bedroom, or lanai ? People may have second thoughts on buying pool priority perks as well not knowing which country club will be next.

Bill Fox 08-22-2020 07:46 AM

One of the reasons people get all up in arms ....are due to the rumors that get started on sites like this. The developer will NEED the golf course as a draw for high end renters...They are not taking any of the golf course away.

JoMar 08-22-2020 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vagent711 (Post 1818496)
Directly from leadership in the Districts Management office, after meetings with the Developer

And the persons name is??

CanTho 08-22-2020 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1819016)
NO GOLF COURSE IN THE VILLAGES HAS BEEN BUILT OVER. A Country Club restaurant building has been removed. Period. AMEN.

I do appreciate your comments they are well written, direct and better still you make your point crystal clear atleast to me.

But for the others take a guess % wise who just don't get it .... well fill in _______ I bet it's over 75%.

PS: This AM ( Saturday 8/22 ) about a dozen or so people were protesting in front of Panera Bread @Spanish Springs. A complete total waste of time.

Parking Garage or Apartments with all the modern convivences take your pick.

tophcfa 08-22-2020 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanTho (Post 1821362)
I do appreciate your comments they are well written, direct and better still you make your point crystal clear atleast to me.

But for the others take a guess % wise who just don't get it .... well fill in _______ I bet it's over 75%.

PS: This AM ( Saturday 8/22 ) about a dozen or so people were protesting in front of Panera Bread @Spanish Springs. A complete total waste of time.

Parking Garage or Apartments with all the modern convivences take your pick.

I will pick the parking garage. I don't have to compete with parked cars for a t time at an executive golf course or a lane in a sports pool to swim laps in.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 08-23-2020 07:28 AM

Eventually, everything in the The Villages will be turned into apartments. There will be no rec centers, no pools, no golf courses, no tennis courts, no parks and no single family homes. The goal is to turn it into The Bronx of Florida. 😂😂

Dana1963 08-23-2020 10:21 AM

They aren’t Country Clubs they are golf courses with restaurants! Some good some not so good.

Windguy 08-25-2020 06:08 AM

I’m rather shocked by the comments about the developer here. I thought the vast majority of people in TV were conservatives and that most (all?) conservatives were pro business. Here’s a company that has produced this wonderful community and they are constantly being criticized as being greedy. I don’t get it.

A business that doesn’t make money dies. It cannot afford to fund an operation that doesn’t return a profit. This country club and Katy Belle’s were here to make money for the developer and were, apparently, failing at that. They were not amenities here just for our enjoyment. The developer is not a government.

The “greedy” developer sees that there is a huge demand for living the active lifestyle we have here in TV and they are trying to meet it. The Boomers are retiring in huge numbers. Do you think the “greedy” developers should stop building houses and stop turning unprofitable land into land that can help meet that demand?

Not everyone can afford to own a large home on a lot. Not everyone wants to maintain a yard. Some of us are getting too old to deal with all the maintenance issues associated with living in a single-family home and would like to sell their houses to a younger family and move into a maintenance-free apartment. Do you want to force them to move out of TV where their friends are? Apartments are a benefit to the community. Yes, building them on top of a single-family neighborhood is unfortunate, but what else do you think they should do with that land that can actually turn a profit.

Instead of whining about this, how about making suggestions of things they can do with that land that is actually profitable.

jacksonbrown 08-25-2020 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Fox (Post 1821035)
One of the reasons people get all up in arms ....are due to the rumors that get started on sites like this. The developer will NEED the golf course as a draw for high end renters...They are not taking any of the golf course away.

Interesting first post.

Or, one might opine that the oligarchs engage in monopolistic practices in direct violation of the Interstate Commerce and Sherman Anti-trust Acts.

In any case, see Big Yellow Taxi sung by Joni Mitchell

listening for "They paved paradise to put up a parking lot".

Little did she know then, that she was singing about the Hacienda GC.

Buckeye Bob 08-27-2020 09:19 AM

And what about parking, the suggested pool available to all Villagers, and the restaurant? Really, can anyone imagine what else will go missing?[/QUOTE]

There is nothing in the agreement about a restaurant.

Buttrcp123 08-28-2020 10:32 AM

Was there something so wrong with Hacianda that it couldn't be fixed, but tore down?

graciegirl 08-28-2020 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buttrcp123 (Post 1824243)
Was there something so wrong with Hacianda that it couldn't be fixed, but tore down?

I see a lot of posts from new posters and they are either stirring the pot or are negative which makes me wonder if we missed a meeting somewhere that was negative toward either The Villages, the CDD form of government or the developer or all of those things and that someone wants another "power" to lead here.

I feel a movement forming somewhere that feels very controversial and contrary to all of the good things I have seen for fourteen years owning here in The Villages.

I am a woman and I sense it and I smell it and I feel it.

mcmanirog 08-28-2020 11:46 AM

I think residents of The Villages should have "Protest Marches" daily in front of town square sales offices regarding what's happening to Hacienda Hills C.C., Katy Belles, and who knowes what else in the future. It would certainly blemish their image as "Florida's Friendliest Home Town". it's become quite clear they are not interested in what is happening, especially to residents north 466.

justjim 08-28-2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmanirog (Post 1824287)
I think residents of The Villages should have "Protest Marches" daily in front of town square sales offices regarding what's happening to Hacienda Hills C.C., Katy Belles, and who knowes what else in the future. It would certainly blemish their image as "Florida's Friendliest Home Town". it's become quite clear they are not interested in what is happening, especially to residents north 466.

Welcome to TOTV. I’m wondering how many negative posts regarding the proposed apartments and the Developer are from residents north of 466. Counting Orange Blossom there are five championship golf courses north of 466. Three are 27 holes and two are eighteen holes. That is a lot of championship golf. The owner and Developer is making decisions based on supply and demand which changes over time. Apparently there is a demand for apartments and less demand for championship golf and Country Club restaurants north of 466. Just a thought.

jacksonbrown 08-28-2020 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjim (Post 1824310)
Apparently there is a demand for apartments and less demand for championship golf and Country Club restaurants north of 466. Just a thought.

Apparent? And you know that how?

graciegirl 08-28-2020 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksonbrown (Post 1824439)
Apparent? And you know that how?

He knows that because he has been living here since 2012. He knows that because he is a very aware and up on things person. Usually after people live here for awhile they relax and see there is no hidden agenda. This is a mighty fine place to live. In eight years it may well be apparent to you.

Northwoods 08-28-2020 09:36 PM

:bigbow:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Windguy (Post 1822387)
I’m rather shocked by the comments about the developer here. I thought the vast majority of people in TV were conservatives and that most (all?) conservatives were pro business. Here’s a company that has produced this wonderful community and they are constantly being criticized as being greedy. I don’t get it.

A business that doesn’t make money dies. It cannot afford to fund an operation that doesn’t return a profit. This country club and Katy Belle’s were here to make money for the developer and were, apparently, failing at that. They were not amenities here just for our enjoyment. The developer is not a government.

The “greedy” developer sees that there is a huge demand for living the active lifestyle we have here in TV and they are trying to meet it. The Boomers are retiring in huge numbers. Do you think the “greedy” developers should stop building houses and stop turning unprofitable land into land that can help meet that demand?

Not everyone can afford to own a large home on a lot. Not everyone wants to maintain a yard. Some of us are getting too old to deal with all the maintenance issues associated with living in a single-family home and would like to sell their houses to a younger family and move into a maintenance-free apartment. Do you want to force them to move out of TV where their friends are? Apartments are a benefit to the community. Yes, building them on top of a single-family neighborhood is unfortunate, but what else do you think they should do with that land that can actually turn a profit.

Instead of whining about this, how about making suggestions of things they can do with that land that is actually profitable.

:bigbow:

rtrav711 08-29-2020 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeye Bob (Post 1820061)
There is absolutely nothing in writing with the developer about a restaurant.

Many States required a "Property Report" to be prepared by Florida developers due to a 1985 Florida property case. The Villages ..."IN WRITING"...promised many things including the Hacienda CC to have a pool..pro shop..tennis courts..etc. They also laid out the development to HAVE ONLY homes and villas....no multi dwellings as proposed at Hacienda. They can be held accountable for their written commitments via "class action" suit that several groups are now investigating. There are also some Villages Our Hometown pamphlets produced around 2004 that contain similar information and promises. All in writing. Depreciated home values around HHCC can be substantial . Will be interesting to watch this play out.

JSR22 08-29-2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtrav711 (Post 1824697)
Many States required a "Property Report" to be prepared by Florida developers due to a 1985 Florida property case. The Villages ..."IN WRITING"...promised many things including the Hacienda CC to have a pool..pro shop..tennis courts..etc. They also laid out the development to HAVE ONLY homes and villas....no multi dwellings as proposed at Hacienda. They can be held accountable for their written commitments via "class action" suit that several groups are now investigating. There are also some Villages Our Hometown pamphlets produced around 2004 that contain similar information and promises. All in writing. Depreciated home values around HHCC can be substantial . Will be interesting to watch this play out.

Where can I view the report?

rtrav711 08-29-2020 10:15 AM

States like NY, Ct , Mass., etc ....had required them for anyone considering buying property in Florida due to the Johnson v. Davis, 480 So.2d 625, 629 (Fla. 1985) case that involved a piece of Florida property. This is just info I've picked up from various people. Perhaps if you contact the controlling department in an individual State they will be able to get you a copy or advise you of where to locate it. Possibly...someone reading this note can better direct you..

graciegirl 08-29-2020 10:24 AM

[QUOTE=rtrav711;1824781]States like NY, Ct , Mass., etc ....had required them for anyone considering buying property in Florida due to the Johnson v. Davis, 480 So.2d 625, 629 (Fla. 1985) case that involved a piece of Florida property. This is just info I've picked up from various people. Perhaps if you contact the controlling department in an individual State they will be able to get you a copy or advise you of where to locate it. Possibly...someone reading this note can better direct you..[
/QUOTE

There is no problem or crisis. People who live near the Senior Living building complex on 466 next to Bob Evans have had no issue with devalued property. Nor the ones who live adjacent to Promises across from the High School have no trouble with their property being made less value. Or the ones in Duval behind the huge assisted living building on 466 A. Those folks right next to that building have had no problem getting the proper amount for the homes sold. Why all the new people with messages of dark gloom?

I sense a secret movement to overthrow The Villages as a CDD.

JSR22 08-29-2020 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtrav711 (Post 1824781)
States like NY, Ct , Mass., etc ....had required them for anyone considering buying property in Florida due to the Johnson v. Davis, 480 So.2d 625, 629 (Fla. 1985) case that involved a piece of Florida property. This is just info I've picked up from various people. Perhaps if you contact the controlling department in an individual State they will be able to get you a copy or advise you of where to locate it. Possibly...someone reading this note can better direct you..

You have not read the report, but know the contents?

Nick Kelly 08-29-2020 10:58 AM

I'm a snow bird and behind the times.
One simple question.
Are they building apartments near Hacienda GC ?
Is it too complicated to be answered on this forum ?

JSR22 08-29-2020 11:09 AM

Apartments

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Kelly (Post 1824828)
I'm a snow bird and behind the times.
One simple question.
Are they building apartments near Hacienda GC ?
Is it too complicated to be answered on this forum ?

Yes, there will be apartments at Hacienda.

rtrav711 08-29-2020 11:11 AM

To answer whether I have ever read the contents of the Villages real estate report....I had....prior to buying property in the Villages. I probably still have the report among other older stuff in the attic. Suggest if you need a copy, check with the State of Florida, they may have a copy. Otherwise...one of the groups looking into a legal action may have a copy or copies....I know of no group contacts..so if a member of same is reading this....perhaps you can supply a copy of a property Report. Thanks..

jacksonbrown 08-29-2020 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtrav711 (Post 1824840)
I probably still have the report among other older stuff in the attic. Suggest if you need a copy, check with the State of Florida, they may have a copy..

Great posts!

Please, rtrav711, keep digging.

Those of us that live along the Morse Blvd parking lot (high season) are extremely interested.