Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Contractors & Lawn Mowing (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-contractors-lawn-mowing-272/)
-   -   Bowels Lawn service (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-contractors-lawn-mowing-272/bowels-lawn-service-332842/)

paul1welsh 06-13-2022 01:25 PM

Bowels Lawn service

Do not use this service. The owner himself said he does not care about customer relations. They missed a week and are supposed to cut weekly. It was not due to weather.
When I asked about it he said, that either like what they do and when they do it or find someone else. I have seen other reviews that say they rude and do not treat customers well. Stay away from them.

Kenswing 06-13-2022 01:33 PM

I think their name alone would keep me away. lol

photo1902 06-13-2022 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul1welsh (Post 2105824)
Do not use this service. The owner himself said he does not care about customer relations. They missed a week and are supposed to cut weekly. It was not due to weather.
When I asked about it he said, that either like what they do and when they do it or find someone else. I have seen other reviews that say they rude and do not treat customers well. Stay away from them.

Isn’t it Bowles?

Stu from NYC 06-13-2022 04:08 PM

Quote:

Rumor has it they moved.

Bogie Shooter 06-13-2022 05:26 PM

Another rumor………..

photo1902 06-13-2022 05:48 PM

Assuming the OP meant to type “Bowles”, not Bowels, and assuming there is only one Bowles operating in The Villages, this post serves a good reminder to do your due diligence before hiring anyone to perform work at your home.

A 20 second Google search (not to mention a search of this site) revealed numerous reviews about this company, similar to what the OP alleges.

Stu from NYC 06-13-2022 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 2105869)
Another rumor………..

Sorry my humor seems to have gone over your head.

Chi-Town 06-13-2022 09:36 PM

Black Kow dealer.

Two Bills 06-14-2022 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2105878)

Another quip down the pan!:icon_wink:

GOLFER54 06-14-2022 04:58 AM

It seems that a lot of businesses do not care anymore about how they talk to, act or respect their customers lately. You would think that times now are tougher than most and they should bend over to please their customers, but so many examples have been posted lately with complains from folks, stating how they are treated at restaurants, franchises and the like. Do not know if the younger generation is less caring or if a lot of folks are just upset or angry. Either way, their behaviors have put a damper on going out for a pleasant meal or soliciting a company to do business with. I do hope things do smooth over in the future.

Rick Monas 06-14-2022 05:06 AM

People who live in glass houses….. I have used Bowles services for years without a single issue.

Thetwisted2 06-14-2022 05:38 AM

Bowles lawn services

Quote:

I haves used Bowles for 2 years and they ALWAYS did a GREAT job. Talked to the owner last week and he informed me he was getting rid of a large number of customers and eliminating some of their services, but I was not one of them. They have always been dependable, I have seen other companies come and go in my neighborhood.

Worldseries27 06-14-2022 05:56 AM

Twisted bowles

Everyone who got on the lifeboat from the titanic was very happy indeed

Stu from NYC 06-14-2022 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 2105929)
Another quip down the pan!:icon_wink:

And I thought it was a very good one too.:)

mkjelenbaas 06-14-2022 06:45 AM

Quote:

Also - don’t use Deans as they will stop mowing when you go North!! They are SCAMMERS- you have been warned.

JwizChick 06-14-2022 06:46 AM

Bad Experience

I also had a very bad experience with this company. Very rude and arrogant, did not do the mowing I had paid for.

Golfer222 06-14-2022 06:52 AM

would be happier if they were more regular ?

musgrvin 06-14-2022 06:57 AM

Over 3 yrs, great service

I have been with them over 3 years. I have never had any complaints. Their work has been fantastic. When we have met face to face, it has always been polite and professional.

Maybe the OP customer's expectations were a little too high.

Remember, if you want something done right, do it yourself. If you pay somebody else to do it for you, it is never going to be 100% the way you want.

Marine1974 06-14-2022 07:15 AM

I would give young people a break . Their being paid with devalued dollars , no pensions or health insurance as us older folks were afforded . They are stressed out about what we have left behind for them to deal with . The quality of our soil for crops has diminished for development of their brains and
bodies . Climate change . Interest payments only on the national debt
is surpassing the defense budget , 700 billion. The FICA tax they have to pay , will quite possibly never benefit them . They work harder for less .

Russp 06-14-2022 07:17 AM

Well I’ve had them for a few years and have no complaints!!! Well I guess you can’t please everybody? Some people just can’t be pleased. they cut on their schedule and have never let it get to high. I pay for the job monthly but it’s year round, so some months it’s 4 times, and some one to two times which is cheap compared to up north. I also like the honesty from him when we speak. But I’m not looking for my butt to be kissed.

merrymini 06-14-2022 07:21 AM

I have used Deans for several years and never had a problem with no mows when we were not here.

NotGolfer 06-14-2022 07:22 AM

We've had them do our yard for some time now. They've never missed a week that I'm aware of---maybe not the same day each time. They also trim the shrubs as well as attend to the weeds. So far, we've been happy with them. There's always 2 sides to every story!

Rodneysblue 06-14-2022 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2105853)
Rumor has it they moved.

🤣😂🤣😂🤪

juscause 06-14-2022 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Monas (Post 2105941)
People who live in glass houses….. I have used Bowles services for years without a single issue.

I am an extremely happy customer of more than three years. Never any issues, they show up on time and when they say they will. Five stars.

:ho:

jarodrig 06-14-2022 07:28 AM

I would rather NOT have my lawn mowed if it doesn’t need it . I trust my guy to make that determination.

One of the reason most championship fairways are “hard pan” is because they needlessly mow the sh$@ out of them . Probably because the contract says “you must mow every week “. Never mind if you’re only mowing dirt !!

kendi 06-14-2022 07:34 AM

Ya’ll better be careful with your negative reviews on social media. If you want to let others know about a service state only the facts, not your opinion. Let others decide for themselves if they want to use them. Terms like “rude and arrogant” are opinions, not facts.

Notsocrates 06-14-2022 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Monas (Post 2105941)
People who live in glass houses….. I have used Bowles ser
vices for years without a single issue.

And others are flush with them

stanthomas44@gmail.com 06-14-2022 11:00 AM

Bowles Lawn Service

We've been using Bowles Service ever since we moved here 16 months ago. The owner and his sons and workers have always been friendly and helpful. I agree they sometimes do no cut every week. The lawn doesn't need it EVERY WEEK. Feel free to do the job yourself. Thanks for the advice but I think you have probably caused your own problems....

Rapscallion St Croix 06-14-2022 11:22 AM

Quote:

Rumor has it they moved.

Excellent.

Djean1981 06-14-2022 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkjelenbaas (Post 2105977)
Also - don’t use Deans as they will stop mowing when you go North!! They are SCAMMERS- you have been warned.

We've had no issues with Dean's...

worahm 06-14-2022 01:20 PM

I don't know if Dean's lawn mowing is the same company as Dean's lawn service who furtilize my lawn and treat it for weeds and bugs. They are out performing two other major lawn treatment companies in the area by a factor of ten. My lawn has never looked better.

CFrance 06-14-2022 01:35 PM

Quote:

Rumor has it they moved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 2105869)
Another rumor………..

I think he's talking about their intestines...:clap2:

Jacob85 06-14-2022 02:22 PM

You can always call seniors V Crime before hiring anyone and they will see if any cases filed against them in past 5 years. 352-689-4600 ext 4606.

JMintzer 06-14-2022 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkjelenbaas (Post 2105977)

Not true.

We have a camera in our front yard, and we can see every time they mow or do pest control.

It's every two weeks, as contracted...

kcrazorbackfan 06-14-2022 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenswing (Post 2105825)
I think their name alone would keep me away. lol

Hahahahahahaha

kcrazorbackfan 06-14-2022 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarodrig (Post 2106004)
I would rather NOT have my lawn mowed if it doesn’t need it . I trust my guy to make that determination.

One of the reason most championship fairways are “hard pan” is because they needlessly mow the sh$@ out of them . Probably because the contract says “you must mow every week “. Never mind if you’re only mowing dirt !!

Waaaa. Que up the baby crying.

Scratch out that check and build your own championship course. What? Don’t have those funds? Well, you have two choices - play on “your opinion” dirt fairways or quit.

Life is about choices.

Dennys37Packard 06-14-2022 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2105878)

Gave me a good chuckle…. Yes… it moved me….

rnicholis 06-14-2022 08:37 PM

I and my neighbors have been using Bowles for about two years + and have had wonderful service from them. If customers understand they come care for your lawn as often as it is needed. For the same monthly charge they mow, trim and blow my lawn more often in the growing season and less often when it’s not needed. They have been courteous with me, reliable, and professional. My lawn has done very well in their hands and I would strongly recommend them to care for your lawn with the understanding they will provide the service as your lawn and the season require not on a timed basis that would not be good for my lawn.

brines 06-16-2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

its bad having bowels that arent regular

ThirdOfFive 06-16-2022 12:35 PM

Sometimes I think it's more a cultural thing than anything else.

In our time here we've befriended some locals and appreciated their frankness when talking about things. Some Villagers (certainly not all) do exhibit an entitlement mentality when dealing with locals such as those who provide lawn services, landscaping services, etc. and can come across as antagonistic when things are not done to their satisfaction. An attitude in such dealings that might be perfectly OK in, say, NY, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, etc., would NOT be well-received here. It may just provoke a response in kind, and truthfully I can fully understand a response along the lines of "go find someone else", judging from the ways I've witnessed some Villagers interact with non-Villagers.

The culture of the resident population where The Villages is located is different from the culture where most of us come from, often vastly different. It would behoove us to remember that rather than just fall back on old habits when things don't go quite the way we want them. Courtesy and consideration go a long way here, and I've never yet had to pay a price for being courteous.