Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Village Kitchen (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/village-kitchen-121/)
-   -   Looking for a store that specializes in kitchen gadgets. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/village-kitchen-121/looking-store-specializes-kitchen-gadgets-345844/)

CTKID 12-03-2023 11:16 AM

Looking for a store that specializes in kitchen gadgets.

Found what looked like a Kitchen Gadget Superstore online a few weeks ago but forgot to write down the name / location. Have searched online but only finding stores like Kohls, Target etc. and commercial stores. I am willing to drive up to a couple of hours. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Toymeister 12-03-2023 12:11 PM

Home gadgets, Paddock mall Ocala

retiredguy123 12-03-2023 12:21 PM

I have found that almost anything you can buy in a retail store, you can buy from Amazon, usually for a lower price.

Keefelane66 12-03-2023 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 2279311)
I have found that almost anything you can buy in a retail store, you can buy from Amazon, usually for a lower price.

Agree even though I need to wait for 2 day shipping Amazon is the one.

thelegges 12-03-2023 03:27 PM

If you don’t love it you have until January 31 for holiday returns

Pondboy 12-03-2023 04:39 PM

A nice “High End” store is Sur La Table. There’s one in Tampa but on line shopping is available as well.

retiredguy123 12-03-2023 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pondboy (Post 2279383)
A nice “High End” store is Sur La Table. There’s one in Tampa but on line shopping is available as well.

Their products are also available on Amazon.

Michael 61 12-03-2023 06:37 PM

Williams Sonoma has a real cool “gadget wall” - Millenia Mall in Orlando.

villagetinker 12-03-2023 10:04 PM

Interesting thread, I am looking for small nonstick pans rated for induction cooking. We just replaced our stove with an induction unit, and all 3 of the small nonstick were aluminum and will not work with the new stove.

CTKID 12-04-2023 02:51 AM

Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toymeister (Post 2279307)
Home gadgets, Paddock mall Ocala

Thanks, I will check it out.

CTKID 12-04-2023 02:53 AM

Thank you

Quote:

I agree. Looking to walk through and get ideas. Gift giving season.

CTKID 12-04-2023 02:53 AM

Thank you.

Carla B 12-04-2023 02:23 PM

There used to be one in Mount Dora, KaDee Kay. The address, hours, phone number still exist on the web but, after further research, it went the way of much retail and closed in 2018.

CTKID 12-04-2023 03:20 PM

Thank you.

JoMar 12-04-2023 10:05 PM

Haven't been there in a couple years but depending on what you mean by "gadgets" Tom Atsides Restuaraunt Supplies, 3102 W Silver Springs Blvd, Ocala, FL 34475 might be worth a look.

JoMar 12-04-2023 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 2279443)
Interesting thread, I am looking for small nonstick pans rated for induction cooking. We just replaced our stove with an induction unit, and all 3 of the small nonstick were aluminum and will not work with the new stove.

You will love it. As you may remember, we have an induction cook top. Take your magnet when go looking for the pans.

capdad613Aa 12-05-2023 05:47 AM

Quote:

amazon(search- induction cookware)

FredMitchell 12-05-2023 05:54 AM

Quote:

Hexclad.

We have used them for more than a year, now. They are not "nonstick". IMO, they are better. You can use steel wool on them, but usually just hitting them with spray from the nozzle on your sink does a nice job if they are still hot. We rarely use more than a sponge with the abrasive back on ours. They also look great!

You can order directly or get them from Amazon.

skippy05 12-05-2023 06:17 AM

Simply shop at any HomeGoods store for this stuff.

margaretmattson 12-05-2023 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skippy05 (Post 2279745)
Simply shop at any HomeGoods store for this stuff.

I am not certain what you are looking for but here is a list of stores that have a kitchen department
TJ MAXX
MARSHALL'S
HOME GOODS
ROSS
KOHLS
BEALL'S
EVEN WALMART AND TARGET MAY SURPRISE YOU

JC and John 12-05-2023 09:49 AM

Induction Pans

Quote:

The best fry, sauté pans I have ever used are made by Ninja. They are a dream to use. I bought the 3 piece set with the stainless exterior from Amazon and the everyday pan from Kohl’s. Mine did not come with lids but I understand you can get them from Ninja directly. FYI, I have baked in the everyday pan in my Brevelle toaster oven. Good luck and happy cooking on your new range.

LucyP 12-05-2023 10:22 AM

There a new store open in Leesburg mall from pictures they carry gadgets.

Cliff Fr 12-05-2023 11:19 AM

Quote:

The only thing is: all you can do is look at a picture. That's fine if you already know about the product.

Cliff Fr 12-05-2023 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carla B (Post 2279631)
There used to be one in Mount Dora, KaDee Kay. The address, hours, phone number still exist on the web but, after further research, it went the way of much retail and closed in 2018.

Another amazon casualty

retiredguy123 12-05-2023 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliff Fr (Post 2279935)
Another amazon casualty

Probably. I don't know how Lowes and Home Depot can stay in business, except for the contractors. I almost never go to these stores because everything they sell is available from Amazon.

villagetinker 12-05-2023 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 2279939)
Probably. I don't know how Lowes and Home Depot can stay in business, except for the contractors. I almost never go to these stores because everything they sell is available from Amazon.

Yes, but they usually have this in stock, and i can get it immediately without having to wait 2 to 3 days or more for delivery.

Topspinmo 12-05-2023 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTKID (Post 2279272)
Found what looked like a Kitchen Gadget Superstore online a few weeks ago but forgot to write down the name / location. Have searched online but only finding stores like Kohls, Target etc. and commercial stores. I am willing to drive up to a couple of hours. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I would just look on TEMU, why go through several middle mens when you get directly from the slave labor makers at 1/4 cost or more? with free shipping….direct from China.:D Drawback may take up to 3 weeks. Before you say not reliable. I have had zero problems with orders or shipping other than little wait. :thumbup:

It’s the USA way you have layers of profiteer’s when buying retail. :oops:

Topspinmo 12-05-2023 04:31 PM

I find it hard to believe somebody wore out cook stove in villages?:shocked:

markusmom 12-05-2023 05:58 PM

Best pans for Induction Stove

Quote:

Hexclad. You can look online or Costco has them periodically. Lifetime guarantee. I have the entire set all non-stick can use metal utensils

JMintzer 12-05-2023 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 2279939)

Or, from their own websites...

But if I need something "now", I need it "now"...

JMintzer 12-05-2023 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 2280015)
I find it hard to believe somebody wore out cook stove in villages?:shocked:

Who "wore out" a cook stove?

Two people stated the replaced their cooktop with an "induction" cooktop. That's a cooktop heat source choice, using magnets...

Just jimmy 12-05-2023 09:08 PM

Quote:

I usually get mine at home goods. Take a magnet with you to be sure they will work.

JoJoNY 12-06-2023 01:15 AM

Quote:

I purchased induction pans on Amazon in the past.

Mike&Silvia 12-06-2023 07:02 AM

My wife and I purchased our home a year ago and have had to furnish it completely. We found Crate and Barrel in Tampa and Williams Sonoma in Winter Park and Orlando to be very good sources for kitchen items.

TheCraigs 01-17-2024 03:14 PM

Quote:

Hello Village Tinker,

After testing several cookware manufacturers (All-Clad, Green Pan, HexClad, Cusinart, cast iron, and Cook-N-Home) on our glass induction cooktop, we selected HexClad. It is "almost" non-stick, performs like cast iron, cooks evenly, and cleans-up easily. The reason for "almost non-stick" is because we had to use a small amount of PAM or olive oil to ensure the eggs didn't stick...no biggie to us. Most importantly, HexClad did not scratch our glass cooktop! Green Pan and cast iron left slight marks on the glass. All-Clad was our second runner-up.

Yes, HexClad and All-Clad are expensive, but Costco has them on sale until January 21, 2024 in case you are still searching for cookware.