Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Life style visit 1st week in April (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/life-style-visit-1st-week-april-348680/)

dsgreen3 03-20-2024 01:43 PM

Life style visit 1st week in April

Hi, my wife and I will be down the last weekend in March thru the April the 5th for our life style visit. We would like to know if cookware is provided in the homes? Our second day will be Easter Sunday we are not sure if we can find a place to eat dinner without reservations.

OrangeBlossomBaby 03-20-2024 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsgreen3 (Post 2313573)
Hi, my wife and I will be down the last weekend in March thru the April the 5th for our life style visit. We would like to know if cookware is provided in the homes? Our second day will be Easter Sunday we are not sure if we can find a place to eat dinner without reservations.

Yes, the kitchen comes with utensils, pots and pans, plates, coffeemaker, etc.

Stu from NYC 03-20-2024 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 2313590)
Yes, the kitchen comes with utensils, pots and pans, plates, coffeemaker, etc.

Will be hard to find an open supermarket though.

dewilson58 03-20-2024 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2313607)

Current list .........might change, should shop early:

Stores Open on Easter
Acme, stores open, pharmacy hours vary
Albertsons, most stores open
CVS, regular hours
Dollar General, regular hours
Family Dollar, hours vary
Harris Teeter, normal hours
Kroger, hours vary by location, pharmacies closed
Meijer, hours vary by location
Piggly Wiggly, hours vary by location
RiteAid, regular hours
Safeway, hours may vary
ShopRite, hours vary
Stop & Shop, hours vary by location
Trader Joe’s, hours vary by location
Vons, most stores open
Walgreens, hours may vary by location
Walmart, most open, regular hours
Wegmans, most open, hours vary by location
Whole Foods, hours vary by location
Winn Dixie, hours vary by location

Stores Closed on Easter
While many chains will be open on Easter, others like Target and Aldi are granting their hard-working employees a day off.

Aldi
Central Market
Costco
Food City
H-E-B
Publix
Sam’s Club
Target

charmed59 03-20-2024 04:38 PM

Note in the helpful list above, the only grocery stores accessible by golf cart in the Villages are Publix, Winn Dixie, Walmart, and one Aldi’s. You probably want to shop on Saturday.

Dusty_Star 03-20-2024 04:48 PM

Quote:

If you can shop for Easter Sunday dinner on your first day that would be best. Scout out what kitchen ware is available in the villa so that you will be able to cook what you decide on. Otherwise some of the stores have good ready to heat meals. Aldi has a chicken & broccoli I love. On an earlier Sprouts thread here, several people praised the ready to heat meals. I remember salmon was one of them. The good thing about the ready to heat meals is that while not an ideal Easter Sunday dinner, they will be able to be made in the most rudimentarily outfitted kitchen.

Dusty_Star 03-20-2024 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmed59 (Post 2313656)
Note in the helpful list above, the only grocery stores accessible by golf cart in the Villages are Publix, Winn Dixie, Walmart, and one Aldi’s. You probably want to shop on Saturday.

We should probably re-do the accessible by golf cart grocery stores to those in the new area.

OP: What is the name of the Villas will you be staying in? Do you also know the name of the Village?

dsgreen3 03-20-2024 05:32 PM

Thanks, this information is very helpful. We will probably shop on Saturday. Again thank you for all your help.

dewilson58 03-20-2024 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsgreen3 (Post 2313675)
Thanks, this information is very helpful. We will probably shop on Saturday. Again thank you for all your help.

Have Fun!!!!!

CarlR33 03-20-2024 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty_Star (Post 2313665)
We should probably re-do the accessible by golf cart grocery stores to those in the new area.

OP: What is the name of the Villas will you be staying in? Do you also know the name of the Village?

They usually put you over near Brownwood Square and the Publix is right there.

MplsPete 03-21-2024 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlR33 (Post 2313760)

On our Lifestyle Visit in December 2023 we were down south in Newell. On Phifer Ln., across Meggison from Franklin Rec.

huge-pigeons 03-21-2024 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MplsPete (Post 2313769)
On our Lifestyle Visit in December 2023 we were down south in Newell. On Phifer Ln., across Meggison from Franklin Rec.

Newell, you’ll be driving your car to any store unless you want to leave hours earlier to get to a shopping center by golf cart

westernrider75 03-21-2024 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huge-pigeons (Post 2313785)
Newell, you’ll be driving your car to any store unless you want to leave hours earlier to get to a shopping center by golf cart

Bit of an exaggeration don’t you think? No place in the villages is hours from a grocery store by golf cart.

bowlingal 03-21-2024 05:20 AM

try calling the Rose Plantation located in Fruitland Park for your Easter dinner

Nana2Teddy 03-21-2024 05:37 AM

Quote:

Those days are over. Lifestyle visits are now south of 44 with most in Newell, but a few I think still in Christopher Villas in DeLuna. It’s now all about selling the new homes being built close to Eastport.

Rwirish 03-21-2024 05:39 AM

Ask your relator?

Rzepecki 03-21-2024 06:07 AM

Quote:

Go online and order Easter dinner for pickup at Publix on Saturday.

mkjelenbaas 03-21-2024 06:22 AM

Quote:

We also faced that and call TV and got the right info.

JWGifford 03-21-2024 06:40 AM

Quote:

Enjoy your lifestyle visit. They are really fun. You still have some time. If you feel like dining out on Easter Sunday you could start making a few phone calls now and try and make reservations somewhere. I’m sure the clubs will be having nice brunches.

villager7591 03-21-2024 06:49 AM

Restaurants are much more crowded in the winter than the warm months. I would be highly surprised if you can find a restaurant open on Easter that would not take reservations. You may want to search for a pre-made, take-out dinner for Easter.

pablo cruze 03-21-2024 07:28 AM

Is it possible that you are looking to buy a house?

Quote:

There is cookware.
Check if you can make reservations at one of the country clubs.

If you are looking for a house to buy, please take a look at this one in the Village of Hemmingway:

2577 DUNBAR AVENUE , THE VILLAGES, FL 32162 - #G5078895 | Realty Executives

kkingston57 03-21-2024 07:32 AM

Quote:

Most, if not all, restaurants will be open. Most areas of the US are consistent. Some mom paw restaurants might be closed, Utensils are supplied. Enjoy your visit. Accommodations are usually very good

airstreamingypsy 03-21-2024 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmed59 (Post 2313656)

Which Aldis?

NoMo50 03-21-2024 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nana2Teddy (Post 2313804)
Those days are over. Lifestyle visits are now south of 44 with most in Newell, but a few I think still in Christopher Villas in DeLuna. It’s now all about selling the new homes being built close to Eastport.

Not necessarily correct. We ran into a couple last week who were here on their Lifestyle visit. They were put up in the Atwood Bungalows, over by Brownwood. They said there were a few other couples there at the same time.

shut the front door 03-21-2024 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy (Post 2313919)
Which Aldis?

Summerfield on 441.

OhioBuckeye 03-21-2024 07:56 AM

Well I bet you’ll love TV’s!

PhilR 03-21-2024 08:01 AM

Quote:

I believe the developer sold the Brownwood units and the new Lifestyles are near where the new construction is occurring

haugstad6019@msn.com 03-21-2024 08:36 AM

Quote:

Make a reservation at one of the country clubs or restaurants that belong to the FMK family. Here is the link -
FMK Restaurants

They are most likely having Easter dinners as well. Love all the country clubs to eat at like Havana, Evens Prairie, Belle Glade, and then there is Chop house - top notch for your stakes (located at lake sumter). There should be no problem getting reservations on their website. These are all drivable by golf cart or car.

AND Live music at all squares on Easter Sunday as well.

Enjoy the fun!

Justputt 03-21-2024 09:06 AM

You'll be able to find places to eat out for Easter, and I would! Enjoy your time here, so unless you REALLY enjoy cooking, take a break! The Lifestyle visits I think are all in the South. We're in Dabney and close to 470 and Winn Dixie is just a few miles by car, as are other places along 27. Outside of limited (and expensive IMO) items at Sawgrass, you'll probably be shopping in a car. People get hyper focused on golf cart access, but most of us lived without that for many decades, and it is no big deal. Personally, I'd spend nights listening to live music at the Town Squares, each is unique, and it so easy to meet people. IMO, if you want to get a feel for life here, meet the people that live here, and they'll all tell you their Village is the best and why :-)

jimjamuser 03-21-2024 12:37 PM

Quote:

I am sure that the airlines will allow you to bring paper plates. there problem solved!

charmed59 03-21-2024 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy (Post 2313919)
Which Aldis?

Go through the historical side cart gate (bring your gate card, no buttons on this gate.). There is a path to the Lowe’s and Bealls, and then take the back street past the advent health buildings.

DDToto41 03-21-2024 03:06 PM

Quote:

You can preorder a dinner at Publix and pick it up on the Saturday before Easter. The store phone number for Publix in Trailwinds Plaza, which is off of Rt 466A, is 352-330-0542. If you call ask for the Deli. I would suggest asking about the amount of servings that it would be, to make a decision if you want it or not.

OrangeBlossomBaby 03-21-2024 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2313607)

Easter will be their -second- day here. That means they can do their grocery shopping on Saturday, which isn't a holiday, and all stores are open that day.

JMintzer 03-21-2024 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huge-pigeons (Post 2313785)

Magnolia Plaza (Publix) is 15-20 minutes away by cart...

JPSmoke 03-21-2024 04:44 PM

Mine did