Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Cable Providers (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/cable-providers-297/)
-   -   ATTN: SANIBEL RESIDENTS Bright House Cable (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/cable-providers-297/attn-sanibel-residents-bright-house-cable-46992/)

Ad poster 01-05-2012 12:35 AM

ATTN: SANIBEL RESIDENTS Bright House Cable

**ATTENTION: SANIBEL RESIDENTS **

Good news!! :a040: :MOJE_whot: :a040:

Bright House is FINALLY available in The Villages!!
For now, it is exclusively offered in the Village of Sanibel but more should be coming soon so check back for updates!!

***We offer free installation and a free first month of service with all bundled services!
***We will activate all cable outlets in your home!
***And we DO NOT operate on contracts.

I would love to answer any questions any of you may have.
Please feel free to call or email me to discuss your concerns or to schedule a home visit.

Sincerely,

Lysander Jimenez
Territory Sales Rep
Bright House Networks
352-414-6756 Cell
Lysander.Jimenez@mybrighthouse.com

villages07 01-05-2012 06:49 AM

That is good news for Sanibellians... Finally some competition for the much-loathed Comcast company.

But what about the other 42,000 villages households? Does bright house plan to expand backwards to existing rooftops and how far and when?

2 Oldcrabs 01-05-2012 07:16 AM

Hope to be using Brighthouse by the end of Jan. Lets hope you are as good as you advertise. Time will tell.

hoganth 01-05-2012 08:23 AM

Sure would love to see you guys available in Village of Bonita. We had brighthouse in Clermont. There is no comparison with Comcast, it is the worst cable service I have ever had.:bigbow:

SgtJohn 01-05-2012 09:08 AM

Moving to TV next week. What is an average cost for "The Bundle" with HD ? I'm just trying to get a rough idea.

HelenLCSW 01-05-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtJohn (Post 436590)
Moving to TV next week. What is an average cost for "The Bundle" with HD ? I'm just trying to get a rough idea.

Same question --moving in next Wednesday and have Comcast coming in --no contract tho with Comcast either.

SgtJohn 01-05-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelenLCSW (Post 436594)
Same question --moving in next Wednesday and have Comcast coming in --no contract tho with Comcast either.

I checked their web site and it looks like the bundles begin around $115 @ month. I e-mailed for additional information.

jackz 01-05-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtJohn (Post 436596)
I checked their web site and it looks like the bundles begin around $115 @ month. I e-mailed for additional information.

Please keep us informed John, I know there will be a lot of interest from those of us moving in after you. Thanks

SgtJohn 01-05-2012 09:37 AM

Hey Jack,
I will send some current pictures of your site when I come back at the end of January. I hope we sell our place in Pennsylvania soon. I can't wait to get completely moved in.

Brighthouse Cable Paul 01-05-2012 11:07 AM

Villages07 - I would love to think that we will be expanding to the rest of The Villages at some point, but for the immediate future Sanibel is all I know of that is in the works. Those types of decisions are made well above my pay grade. :) From what I understand there is a tremendous amount of paperwork and permitting to even think about doing anything. Of course if anything changes I will keep everyone informed as best I can.

2oldcrabs- I am glad you have decided to give us a shot. I definitely think you will be pleased. If you have any questions or if you need any help, give me a call and I will do my best to lend a hand.

Honganth - I wish we were in the village of Bonita as well. We would love to have you back as a customer! Thanks for the kind words and hopefully one day we will be able to get you service.

SgtJohn & HelenLCSW- Our triple play (phone, cable, and internet) packages can start as low as $110/mo. There are many options and we can discuss what you would like to have and tailor a package to fit your needs. You can always call or email me with any questions. SgtJohn, I received your email and will be getting back to you ASAP.

Thanks everyone for all the replies and for welcoming me to TOTV!!!

Brighthouse Cable Paul 01-05-2012 11:18 AM

Sanibel growing quickly

I just wanted to post the streets we currently have up and active in Sanibel. There will be many more to come shortly, but Sanibel is growing at an amazing rate and we are doing our best to keep up.

Current active streets:
French Oak Dr
Silk Tree Ter
Twisted Oak Way
Vanilla Leaf PL
Norland Av
Bernay Ct
Adrienne Way
Jurgensen Ter
Evinston Ct
Wellesly PL
Alwick Way
Baker Ln
Alee Ln
Keller Ct
Bradford Loop
Navin St
Pickett Rd
Journey Ln
Fisher Av
Asher Path
Duke Ter
Braddy Ct
Falling Tree Ct

There are many, many more to come in the very near future as we activate the other side of Sanibel. I will keep eveyone up to date as much as I can as new streets are added.

Brighthouse Cable Paul 01-05-2012 11:30 AM

replies

Villages07 - As far as I know the village of Sanibel of all that is currently in the works. I am hoping that if this goes well we will be able to expand to other sections of The Villages, but that decision is made many pay grades above mine. From what I understand, it is a very long and tedious process and there are mountains of paperwork and permits that must be done before they can even dream of doing any expansion. So, for now Sanibel only, but we will keep our fingers crossed and I will keep everyone informed of any changes as much as I can.

2oldcrabs - Thank you for giving us a chance. I definitely feel you will pleased with our services. If you have any questions or if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. I will do my best to lend a helping hand.

Hoganth - I too would love to be in the village of Bonita and we would definitely love to have you back as a customer. Hopefully, some day in the not too distant future we will be there. Until, then thank you for the kind words. I hope your experience with Comcast improves.

SgtJohn and HelenLCSW - Our triple play (phone, cable, and internet) bundles can start as low as $110/mo. We offer a varitery of packages and al-la-carte add ons. I can custom tailor a package to try to meet what you are looking for in services and what you would like to pay per month. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. SgtJohn, I received your email and I will be responding to you as soon as I can.

Thank you everyone for all the replies and for welcoming me to TOTV!!

SgtJohn 01-05-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHN Paul (Post 436644)
I just wanted to post the streets we currently have up and active in Sanibel. There will be many more to come shortly, but Sanibel is growing at an amazing rate and we are doing our best to keep up.

Current active streets:
French Oak Dr
Silk Tree Ter
Twisted Oak Way
Vanilla Leaf PL
Norland Av
Bernay Ct
Adrienne Way
Jurgensen Ter
Evinston Ct
Wellesly PL
Alwick Way
Baker Ln
Alee Ln
Keller Ct
Bradford Loop
Navin St
Pickett Rd
Journey Ln
Fisher Av
Asher Path
Duke Ter
Braddy Ct
Falling Tree Ct

There are many, many more to come in the very near future as we activate the other side of Sanibel. I will keep eveyone up to date as much as I can as new streets are added.

Guess that counts me out. I will be on Fenwick Loop, overlooking Lake Riebel, :laugh:

Brighthouse Cable Paul 01-05-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtJohn (Post 436655)
Guess that counts me out. I will be on Fenwick Loop, overlooking Lake Riebel, :laugh:

Not necessarily, check your email. Out for this very moment, maybe, but not for long.... :)

Happinow 01-05-2012 12:30 PM

Out with Comcast..

From what I hear, I'm thrilled that I don't have to use Comcast!!! Yipee!
:clap2:

Brighthouse Cable Paul 01-16-2012 01:15 PM

I think it goes without saying, but just to be safe, I would like to make sure everyone knows these are exclusive specials and are available only through myself or from one of my team members on the Direct Sales force. If you need anything, have any questions, or are interested in customizing a package, please call, text, or email me. Thank you!

Also, I hope to be adding a list of new streets that we will be providing service to in the next week to two weeks. If you are in or are going to be in The Village of Sanibel, but did not see your street on the first list, keep an eye out. :thumbup::024:

Hope to hear from more of you soon and thanks again for letting me be part of the fun! :highfive:

JC and John 01-16-2012 03:22 PM

Welcome

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ad poster (Post 436539)
**ATTENTION: SANIBEL RESIDENTS **

Good news!! :a040: :MOJE_whot: :a040:

Bright House is FINALLY available in The Villages!!
For now, it is exclusively offered in the Village of Sanibel but more should be coming soon so check back for updates!!

***We offer free installation and a free first month of service with all bundled services!
***We will activate all cable outlets in your home!
***And we DO NOT operate on contracts.

I would love to answer any questions any of you may have.
Please feel free to call or email me to discuss your concerns or to schedule a home visit.

Sincerely,

Paul J. Muniz
Territory Sales Rep
Bright House Networks
407-504-2580 Cell
paul.muniz@mybrighthouse.com

Hello Paul, Good to hear Bright House is coming to Sanibel. I understand they are a first class cable company. We will be building on Rain Lily Loop in Sanibel soon. We are long time happy DirecTV subscribers. Before I commit to DirecTV, what advantages does Bright House have over DirecTV other than cost? How does your sports programing compare and how many HD channels will be offered? I visited Bright House web site and got nowhere, it doesn't recognize zip code for The Villages or Sanibel. Will Bright House be offering internet speeds faster than 10mpb? We would like to see at least 15 offered which is ideal for streaming HD movies from Vudu. You may PM us with your info if you like. Thanks so much John

redwitch 01-16-2012 05:22 PM

Hope you can tell the powers that be that many Villagers would love to have some other choices. I live in the Village of Winnifred and would happily switch to Bright House if I could.

Barefoot 01-16-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 441282)
Hope you can tell the powers that be that many Villagers would love to have some other choices. I live in the Village of Winnifred and would happily switch to Bright House if I could.

And while you're assisting Redwitch in Winifred, please don't forget the "sister" Village of Belvedere!

Brighthouse Cable Paul 01-26-2012 02:59 PM

Hi all. Sorry about the delay in getting back to everyone. I was out with knee surgery last week and was not able to keep up with everything as much as I would have liked.

JC+John - PM sent. Again, terribly sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

Redwitch and Barefoot - I certainly hope the plan is to expand to as many Villages as possible. I think they know people want other options just from what we are hearing from the Sanibel residents. Hopefully, expansion will come sooner than later. I will do my best to keep everyone updated to any progress. :)

Also, it was brought to my attention that I missed one of the streets we have active in Sanibel. Rain Lilly Loop is also available to receive our services.

We are in process of turning on some new address on the opposite side of Pinellas PL. As these become available, I will make another list with street names.

Hope to hear from more of you soon!

mikeandnancy1112 01-26-2012 06:37 PM

We live in the Village of Summerhill and have had nothing but great service with Comcast.

VillageSitter 01-26-2012 06:43 PM

Although we are relatively new to The Villages and presently have Comcast, which I will say, has not given us any problems to speak of, I had BrightHouse when we lived in Wesley Chapel and loved them. If I had a computer problem, they would talk you through anything. If they ever come into St. James, I will definitely go back to them.

zcaveman 01-26-2012 08:45 PM

While I am happy with Comcast, I would switch to Brighthouse just to get rid of these :cus: DTA boxes.

2 Oldcrabs 01-28-2012 07:04 AM

Sanibel section 178

Brighthouse just hook us up to a "triple play package". The installers were great. The came about 2 hrs early, but called ahead to see if it was OK. They even replaced one of the "cat 5" plugs in the wall that was defective from The Villages. We were in a rental unit for the last 5 months that had Comcast. What a difference! The Internet is faster than the Verizon FIOS we had up north. The only problem is, you need to call the sales Rep at the top of this post to get service. The Reps @ the "800" number for Brighthouse do not know they service TV. IT IS ONLY AVAILABLE SOUTH OF CR466A.:bigbow:

uujudy 01-28-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zcaveman (Post 445736)
While I am happy with Comcast, I would switch to Brighthouse just to get rid of these :cus: DTA boxes.

Caveman, I've been trying since before Christmas to get mine activated! I almost had the right person today, but they cut me off before they could send the signal. I'll have to wait until February to activate them now, because they used up all my minutes this month (I have a 450 min/month cell phone plan). It shouldn't take hours & hours of talking to 9 different people at Comcast to get the boxes activated, should it? Grrrrr.

Brighthouse, I live in Virginia Trace. Just run the line (or whatever it is) up Canal Street.... :)

rubicon 01-28-2012 04:23 PM

I am happy with comCast. ComCast is growing leaps and bounds and will continue to merge with other companies which explains in part why there have been some disrruptions. I had Bright House differnet name inMN and it was good but they too had some problems . it all has to do ith growth

rodie 01-28-2012 07:15 PM

Does brighthouse in Sanibel offer the NFL channel? Where I live now they don't.

zcaveman 01-28-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uujudy (Post 446381)
Caveman, I've been trying since before Christmas to get mine activated! I almost had the right person today, but they cut me off before they could send the signal. I'll have to wait until February to activate them now, because they used up all my minutes this month (I have a 450 min/month cell phone plan). It shouldn't take hours & hours of talking to 9 different people at Comcast to get the boxes activated, should it? Grrrrr.

Brighthouse, I live in Virginia Trace. Just run the line (or whatever it is) up Canal Street.... :)

Have you tried going to https://digitalnow.comcast.com/ and activating them yourself?

I have activated several neighbor's DTA boxes from my PC using this site.

The boxes have to be on and the TVs have to be tuned to channel 3.

Z

Nettie 01-30-2012 12:03 PM

customer feed back

considering Bright House for our new home...would appreciate any feed back from actual "users" of this service in the new Villages section.
thanks

SgtJohn 01-31-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodie (Post 446438)

No, They don't offer the NFL Network. I asked. Bummer.

2 Oldcrabs 01-31-2012 06:58 AM

New Customer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nettie (Post 446983)
considering Bright House for our new home...would appreciate any feed back from actual "users" of this service in the new Villages section.
thanks

We are in Sanibel and have had Brighthouse for 4 days. So far it is better than Comcast that we had in a villa we rented for 5 months. I think the internet is faster than Verizon Fios. When we were looking for a provider Comcast & Century had steep installation fees. Brighthouse was free, no 1or 2 year contract required. Installer went above and beyond. I was also able to get a 2nd phone number for my Father who lives with us. Do not call the "800" number to get service. You need to call the salesman @ the top of this post.

2 Oldcrabs 01-31-2012 07:01 AM

Only Direct TV

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodie (Post 446438)

I purchased an "internet apps" TV and hope I can figure out how to watch my team next season.

Scott8147 01-31-2012 07:25 AM

Paul, I know there have been a lot of questions about where you may expand to after Sanibel. Seems logical that you might first continue in the new and developing villages south of 466A before possibly going to the "older" villages. Would that seem the most likely possibility to you?

uujudy 01-31-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zcaveman (Post 446455)
Have you tried going to https://digitalnow.comcast.com/ and activating them yourself?

I have activated several neighbor's DTA boxes from my PC using this site.

The boxes have to be on and the TVs have to be tuned to channel 3.

Z

Oh Caveman, that's the FIRST thing I tried! For some strange reason the boxes they sent to me are not listed in their inventory. That's what's causing all the confusion. I tried to activate them one last time on Sunday, thinking that they wouldn't be busy on Sunday, and I have free weekend minutes on my cellphone.

Once again, it took 5 different transfers after each person guaranteed that THEY were the person I needed to talk to, and they would most definitely be able to activate my boxes. I was on hold with EACH person from 3 to 8 minutes until they came back on the line and explained that they couldn't do the activation. Each one ended their part of the call with the assurance that the next person would definitely be able to activate my boxes, and that Comcast support was there for me 24/7!

My final transfer was supposed to be (yet again) to Tech Support, went instead to Billing, and I got the message that the Billing department was closed and I should call back during regular business hours. Nooooooo! :22yikes:

That call took 57 minutes. I'm out of minutes for regular business hours, and I'm out of patience. Meanwhile, I can hum the Comcast 'on hold' song in my sleep, and I have almost memorized the serial numbers of the boxes.

zcaveman 01-31-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uujudy (Post 447328)
Oh Caveman, that's the FIRST thing I tried! For some strange reason the boxes they sent to me are not listed in their inventory. That's what's causing all the confusion. I tried to activate them one last time on Sunday, thinking that they wouldn't be busy on Sunday, and I have free weekend minutes on my cellphone.

Once again, it took 5 different transfers after each person guaranteed that THEY were the person I needed to talk to, and they would most definitely be able to activate my boxes. I was on hold with EACH person from 3 to 8 minutes until they came back on the line and explained that they couldn't do the activation. Each one ended their part of the call with the assurance that the next person would definitely be able to activate my boxes, and that Comcast support was there for me 24/7!

My final transfer was supposed to be (yet again) to Tech Support, went instead to Billing, and I got the message that the Billing department was closed and I should call back during regular business hours. Nooooooo! :22yikes:

That call took 57 minutes. I'm out of minutes for regular business hours, and I'm out of patience. Meanwhile, I can hum the Comcast 'on hold' song in my sleep, and I have almost memorized the serial numbers of the boxes.

In that case, my suggestion would be to take the boxes and the documentation you got down to a Comcast office and explain it to them and get new boxes or let them figure it out.

Or talk them to give you a free house call to get them working.

Z

Brighthouse Cable Paul 02-07-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott8147 (Post 447235)
Paul, I know there have been a lot of questions about where you may expand to after Sanibel. Seems logical that you might first continue in the new and developing villages south of 466A before possibly going to the "older" villages. Would that seem the most likely possibility to you?

That is what I would think. Again, I do not know as I have no access to the meetings where future strategies would be discussed, but yes, I would think and hope that would be the plan. I mean I would think that if they had good success in the new areas, then they would want to expand to try to get as many customers as possible. I know going into new areas is a huge undertaking, but I would guess that if the ends justified the means, any business would be all for it. I would also imagine if there are new areas being built that along or near our current service areas we would be all about trying to get our services in there before the builds are complete because it is much easier to be there in the beginning than to try to retrofit afterwards.

rubicon 02-07-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happinow (Post 436668)
From what I hear, I'm thrilled that I don't have to use Comcast!!! Yipee!
:clap2:

I have nothing but good to say about ComCast. Lost my phone they came right out found a bad outside line and within two hours all was well. the secret is that you have to use diplomacy. :coolsmiley:

Brighthouse Cable Paul 02-15-2012 12:45 PM

Hello all! I know I am a little behind in getting this up and I do apologize, but below is a list of the new streets in the Village of Sanibel to which we can offer services. These should be most, if not all, of the new streets on the south side of Pinellas Pkwy. If you have questions or do not see your streets, don't hesitate to call, email, PM, or text. I am going to list the streets in alphabetical order to try to make it easier to find your street.

-Abaco Path
-Apollo Ln
-Ardsley Pl
-Avondale Ave
-Baffie Ct
-Belcherry Loop
-Beville Pl
-Bonifay Path
-Braddock Ct
-Burnett Ter
-Callahan Dr
-Embrook St
-Emory Av
-Enisgrove Way
-Eubanks Ln
-Evesborough Path
-Fenwick Loop
-Glendale Ln
-Highridge St
-Islawild Way
-Killington Loop
-Macarthur Ct
-Mayberry Ct
-Mayflower Loop
-Newbridge Pl
-Oldsmar Ter
-Quaint Ter
-Raven Croft Ter
-Sylewood Ave
-Ulehah St
-Vandeberg Ct
-Yarborough Way

All in all that is 32 new streets up and active. Thank you all so much for all of the responses and for the opportunity to help quite a few of you. I really appreciate it and look forward to helping as many people as possible in any way I can!

-Paul

Orps1 02-15-2012 08:26 PM

When will u be on allee lane ,village of sanibel

skyc6 02-15-2012 08:36 PM

I believe they already are. I think these are additional. Correct me if I am wrong.