Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Is there a particular store or restaurant that you would like to see here? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/there-particular-store-restaurant-you-would-like-see-here-8216/)

Talk Host 01-30-2007 10:24 AM

Is there a particular store or restaurant that you would like to see here?

Have you ever heard of Wegman's? It is a monster suprmarket from a company out of Rochester NY. They are all around the east and south east. Would love to have one here.

How about you......?

gingersmom 01-30-2007 12:48 PM

Re: Is there a particular store or restaurant that you would like to see here?

I would love to see a Macys or another department store. JC Penny's would be nice.

LovinItAtTheVillages 01-30-2007 04:08 PM

Well if we are making a wish list..Id like a Villages Mall..which would include all the big stores..Macy's,Dillards,and JC Penny
Marshalls is fun, and a Best Buy..A.C. Moore Crafts or Joanne Fabrics..
restaurants Id like is a DUNKIN DONUTS on the Spanish Springs side
and a good COAL OVEN Pizza place..would be good
:)

Talk Host 01-30-2007 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LovinItAtTheVillages
Well if we are making a wish list..Id like a Villages Mall..which would include all the big stores..Macy's,Dillards,and JC Penny
Marshalls is fun, and a Best Buy..A.C. Moore Crafts or Joanne Fabrics..
restaurants Id like is a DUNKIN DONUTS on the Spanish Springs side
and a good COAL OVEN Pizza place..would be good
:)

You don't hold back do you? ;D

LovinItAtTheVillages 01-30-2007 07:48 PM

:bigthumbsup: Nope...dont get anywhere if you hold back! I figure if we are wishing for places..may as well name em all :joke:
It gets old having to go wayyyyyyy over other side to get a good cup'o coffee...back on Cape Cod we have Dunkin Donuts all over town!

PJ 02-01-2007 07:53 PM

Yes I'd like to see a Trader Joe's! Please....
Also a Calico Corners Outlet would be great. Or any other fabric store such as Joanns. We have hardly anyplace to find fabric or supplies here.
Also a Hobby Lobby or Michaels or other craft store would be welcome. :welcome:

judylou 02-01-2007 10:00 PM

I would like to see an Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Lone Star, Texas Roadhouse, Shells, Sweet Tomato, Kohls, JC Pennys, Fashion Bug, Lane Bryant, a quilting shop and a Dairy Queen or Dunkin Doughnuts on the Spanish Spring side.

LovinItAtTheVillages 02-01-2007 10:19 PM

:click:if you want a Dunkin Donuts on Spanish Springs side...oh just kidding...clicking wont do much..we all need to write to DD headquarters and tell them they need to push for one here!!

Talk Host 02-02-2007 06:44 AM

I think DQ is a franchise opportunity. Find somebody who is willing to put up the money and they will open one. There was one near the hospital until recently and it closed.
Am I correct on that?

johnfarr 02-02-2007 07:07 AM

I miss Costco....

elcid 02-04-2007 02:06 PM

We like Costco as well. Would also like to see a Manhattan Bagel - they have the best bagels, as well as sandwiches and pastries.

gingersmom 02-07-2007 11:14 AM

I heard a rumor a while ago that Olive Garden and Red Lobster were going in next to Brusters by Mulberry Rec Center. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Talk Host 02-07-2007 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingersmom
I heard a rumor a while ago that Olive Garden and Red Lobster were going in next to Brusters by Mulberry Rec Center. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

It so happens that I have an acquaintanceship with a land owner in that strip and he told me three weeks ago that NONE of the land has been committed. He said that when he bought his land three years ago, he was told by the real estate company that a whole list of fine businesses were going in there, but it turned out to be not the case.

SusieQ 02-07-2007 09:34 PM

I would love to have a Costco, Trader Joe's and a Dillards!

amityk 02-12-2007 09:56 AM

MIchael's or AC Moore

lwb 02-23-2007 08:12 PM

You do know that with all those stores everybody wants comes traffic congestion and crime, just like southwest Florida. Stop the
developers before it's to late.

Patty 02-27-2007 05:54 AM

I'd like to see a good morning coffee, bagel shop up near Bruster's on Mulberry Grove Plaza. Also a few more restaurants at that end (northern) would be great.

Kitria 03-08-2007 11:29 PM

Hmm.. ::) most of the suggestions so far are terrific. :agree:

I did contact, by email, "The Christmas Tree Shop" and told them of the wonderful opportunity down here. New Englanders know of this store. A wonderful inexpensive store to buy gifts and housewares, and sooooo much more. They emailed me back saying that if they expand to Florida they would look into this area. :)

Hobby Lobby or any large craft store is really missing the boat by not being here. I wrote to Hobby Lobby too. I haven't heard a reply.

A DD's is much needed on the Springs side! Starbucks? too expensive..yummy flavors..but do we really need 5 of them..and so close together...how can they compete with each other? :dontknow:

With Wal-Mart not providing material by the yard soon (so I heard), we do need a nice, reasonably priced material store.

Circuit City needs competition with a Best Buy. Best Buy has more computer software, games, and music cd's.

Well, I have repeated enough of others' thoughts for now.

rlight 03-16-2007 04:56 PM

Yea, a Best Buy or CompUSA. I heard that CompUSA is cutting half their stores tho.

sparky 03-16-2007 10:24 PM

:bigthumbsup: Panera's is expanding!!!! Good move Panera.

purple_worm 03-17-2007 10:52 AM

We, also, would like to see a Wegmans' here, a Costco's also.

Mark

Lori 03-30-2007 06:21 PM

We desparately need a coffee shop up by Mulberry. Build it and they will come. We need a place to gather or go to after meetings and it is five miles to town. Would love Dunken donut L Heffner

GHHH 03-31-2007 06:28 AM

Two businesses we need here, I feel, would be Costco and Trader Joe's. In The Villages survey Trader Joe's was mentioned as a restaurant, but perhaps they meant Trader Vic's. Trader Joe's is great for all sorts of interesting foods and very inexpensive but decent wine. It's the home of "Two Buck Chuck"!

islandgal 04-09-2007 05:22 AM

I'd like to see Home Goods, Costco and an upscale restaurant with no only good food but with ambiance [low lighting and white tablecloths![/b]

marygalexa 04-09-2007 07:46 AM

[color=purple]I wish there were a Blockbusters or another DVD/VCR Rental store on the south side of town. I like to rent an occasional DVD but a cart ride to the Blockbusters way up on the northside is quite a trip from Mallory Square! I would also like to see a Joannes Fabric Shop and more decorating accessory shops like Pottery Barn, and Old Tyme Pottery. Of course Costco would be great too!

Talk Host 04-09-2007 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lwb
You do know that with all those stores everybody wants comes traffic congestion and crime, just like southwest Florida. Stop the
developers before it's to late.

You are joking....right? :o

dandt 04-10-2007 08:36 AM

Definitely Costco and Trader Joe's.

tony 04-10-2007 10:54 AM

Victoria's Secret. :redface:

Nancy Gaulin 04-12-2007 10:00 AM

I'd like to see an "Olive Garden" and a "99 Restaurant".

samhass 04-13-2007 03:50 PM

Costco! Altamonte Springs is a haul just to go to Costco.

sammie223 04-14-2007 07:38 AM

Trader Joe's is cool; Costco or BJ's...I am not a fan of Sam's Club....would like Olive Garden/Red Lobster also. Our Wegman's is wonderful in Central NY; I don't know if they go out-of-state. :bigthumbsup:

dsgolfin 04-15-2007 07:01 AM

I'd like to see a "Sports Authority", a "Donut Shop" (even though no one should eat them :)), and a SteinMart.

JohnZ 04-15-2007 10:19 AM

We've had a lot of suggestions about who and what but few suggestions about where. How about a few more wheres?

hddeuce 04-16-2007 07:30 PM

Something like a Macy's/Burdines !!!

Carla 04-20-2007 07:36 AM

Wegemens goes down through Virginia. I LOVE that store. We need that and Costco here.

aford 04-20-2007 06:54 PM

Sam's is coming next to Home Depot. Kohl's is also coming to Buffalo Ridge. Told them not to make it too tiny. I definitely would love to see a Macy's (must be large)

Although the DQ closed on 441/27 there is another one on 466.

::) I think that is it for now.

GERALDINE 04-21-2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJ
Yes I'd like to see a Trader Joe's! Please....
Also a Calico Corners Outlet would be great. Or any other fabric store such as Joanns. We have hardly anyplace to find fabric or supplies here.
Also a Hobby Lobby or Michaels or other craft store would be welcome. :welcome:

:agree:I TOTALLY agree...Not sure what a Trader Joes's is, but....I TOTALLY agree that we need a fabric/craft store in The Villages: A JoAnns, a Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Calico Corners...ANYTHING would be better than what we have now which is ZILCH !! Oh yes, there is a craft store, per se, in Southern Trace, but they are so NOT nice there and not helpful and don't really have much of anything in stock. Do the "powers that be" realize how many craft, sewing, quilting, painting, etc, etc, clubs there are here??? It would be a goldmine to open a fabric and/or craft store here. Maybe if we all sent emails or letters to the stores we want, they'll come and investigate. We didn't really need another McDs on 466A...pass the blubber please >:(...but they did their marketing and know a good thing when they see it. I went to Tavares yesterday to JoAnns and last week was at Hobby Lobby in Ocala. Every day I think of something else I want or need (mostly want ;D) but there's nowhere to go unless one wants to drive 20+ miles in some direction...which I don't like to do. Hope somebody out there is listening to us....

GERALDINE 04-21-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingersmom

OHHHHH I sooooo hope you're right!!

purple_worm 04-21-2007 04:03 PM

A Dunkin Donuts would be god, better than Starbucks, but a Carribeau Coffee would be just outstanding. It also is a franchise.

marianne237 04-21-2007 08:34 PM

a good hobby store would be great, but how about a White Castle or Krystals?