Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Yamaha Windshields - which one? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/yamaha-windshields-one-342835/)

bcsnave 07-21-2023 02:42 PM

Please delete

Delete this post

villagetinker 07-21-2023 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcsnave (Post 2237580)
Looking for your thoughts on a Windshield for a 2022 Yamaha Drive 2 Quietech

1. Tinted or Clear?
2. Fold down?
3. Sliding vents or tilt out vent?
4. Impact modified?
5. Solid, tinted, impact modified, sliding vents?

Clear, make driving at night much better, use sunglasses during the day.
Yes, fold down
Yes, vented
Unknown, no idea what this is

Normal 07-21-2023 03:12 PM

Quote:

Looking for your thoughts on a Windshield for a 2022 Yamaha Drive 2?

Fold down is a must. It feels a lot better when it’s hot outside.

AZ SLIM 07-22-2023 04:00 AM

Don't forget the mirrors

We have two carts. One with sliding vents and one without. I highly recommend vents of some kind. I've never had a tilting vent so don't know about those.
Fold down is a must.
I don't know anything about the impact option.
I also highly recommend that if you have outside mirrors that you mount them below the center line of the windshield. I bought a cart with them above the center line and they blocked my view to the point that it was dangerous at times. I just moved them down and feel much safer. So much easier to see, especially on curves and intersections.

PoolBrews 07-22-2023 06:40 AM

My first cart had fold down, and my 2nd one has a tilt only option. I find that I get just as much air coming through the tilt as I did the fold down.

I found the following advantages with the tilt over the fold down:

1) The tilt tends to direct the flow directly at about chest and head level.
2) I get far less bugs coming through and hitting me. I needed a screen on the fold down - don't with the tilt.
3) I can leave the tilt open during moderate rains and I don't get wet. Not sure why, but it just works.

Ideally, If I could find a windshield that offered the tilt option and the fold down together, I would go with that!

Brwne 07-22-2023 06:46 AM

Golf car windshields

Quote:

Looking for your thoughts on a Windshield for a 2022 Yamaha Drive 2 Quietech

1. Tinted or Clear?
2. Fold down?
3. Sliding vents or tilt out vent?
4. Impact modified?
5. Solid, tinted, impact modified, sliding vents?

I drove a Yamaha that had the tilt out vent and no "fold down" window and liked it. Tilt out provided plenty of air flowing in, without blasting it, and bugs (I have a screen but there are bugs small, enough, to come through), into my face. Plus, it removed the fold down hinge from my line of sight.

I haven't driven a cart that didn't have tint, so I don't know.

My cart has exterior side mirrors but I plan to replace them with the version that has turn indicator arrows in the mirror itself. Others can see them better and they remind the driver that their turn indicators are on.

Bill14564 07-22-2023 06:57 AM

In the four years we have been down here we have never used the fold-down windows. The vents provide plenty of air while reducing golf-cart hair and bugs. One thing that regularly bothers me is the fold blocking my vision, particularly on hills and turns, but YMMV.

I didn't understand the mounting of side mirrors above or below the centerline so I took a look. Mine are mounted just below the centerline but, more importantly, the mirrors are at eye level. I don't need to look up or down to find them, I just glance to the side.

dewilson58 07-22-2023 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brwne (Post 2237683)
I drove a Yamaha that had the tilt out vent and no "fold down" window and liked it. Tilt out provided plenty of air flowing in, without blasting it, and bugs (I have a screen but there are bugs small, enough, to come through), into my face. Plus, it removed the fold down hinge from my line of sight.

This is what we have.
We think it's the best.

We also have a fold-down......................it's okay, but not as nice.
Very true about this hinge is line-of-site if the ladies (true ladies, not identifying as)

:gc:

Mrfriendly 07-22-2023 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 2237710)
This is what we have.
We think it's the best.

We also have a fold-down......................it's okay, but not as nice.
Very true about this hinge is line-of-site if the ladies (true ladies, not identifying as)

:gc:

( I've have identified as a lady on a few of my golf tee shots )

bcsnave 07-22-2023 10:42 AM

Thanks Mr Helpful

1 Attachment(s)
Regarding the fold down windshield I might want to block my line of sight...thanks!

Another question on the 4 SEAT Yamaha Quietechs from the Villages...are they all PTV with the upgraded rear suspensions?

dewilson58 07-22-2023 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcsnave (Post 2237775)
Another question on the 4 SEAT Yamaha Quietechs from the Villages...are they all PTV with the upgraded rear suspensions?

Our 4 seater was, but to answer "all" question, have to ask dealer.

villagetinker 07-22-2023 11:25 AM

I am probably wrong, but I thought that the PTV term just meant that headlights, turn signals, brake lights, and mirrors had been added to the golf cart (possibly a few other items). Yes, you do need the stiffer suspension, and be careful with weight distribution, if there are 2 heavier people in the back the steering can become sloppy. I have noticed this on our convertible 4 seater yamaha.

dewilson58 07-22-2023 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 2237789)
I have noticed this on our convertible 4 seater yamaha.

These things look dangerous to me.

If two adults are in back.....................they are hanging on for dear life.

:pray:

Kelevision 07-22-2023 12:34 PM

If you plan to be here in the summer months and want to use your golf cart then fold down is a must.

npwalters 07-22-2023 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 2237789)
I am probably wrong, but I thought that the PTV term just meant that headlights, turn signals, brake lights, and mirrors had been added to the golf cart (possibly a few other items). Yes, you do need the stiffer suspension, and be careful with weight distribution, if there are 2 heavier people in the back the steering can become sloppy. I have noticed this on our convertible 4 seater yamaha.

The PTVs have a gear ratio that allows the continued 20 mph (designed and legal) speed. No need to upgrade the gears if you buy a PTV.