Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Championship Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/championship-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-473/)
-   -   Loving the Courses (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/championship-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-473/loving-courses-344875/)

dewilson58 10-20-2023 03:32 PM

Loving the Courses

Gotta Say.......................courses are in great shape in TV.

Greens are running very nice.

I see green stuff in the fairways.

Some courses have "fresh" sand.

Most of the tee boxes are nice.

Weather is great.................enjoy before the crowds start showing up.

golfing eagles 10-20-2023 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 2267020)

Don't get too used to it. To quote GOT: "Winter is coming".

Utah Flyfisher 10-20-2023 06:29 PM

Quote:

Wait…what? Is this a positive post? I mean of course with a side slap of ‘until’ but still…. Wow. Nice ❤️ You are aware that the ‘crowds’ keep the cost from all ya’ll from increasing? My part of the ‘crowd’ pays full fare and spends maybe???? a couple months in your friendliest hometown.

alwann 10-20-2023 06:44 PM

Woohoo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utah Flyfisher (Post 2267068)
Wait…what? Is this a positive post? I mean of course with a side slap of ‘until’ but still…. Wow. Nice ❤️ You are aware that the ‘crowds’ keep the cost from all ya’ll from increasing? My part of the ‘crowd’ pays full fare and spends maybe???? a couple months in your friendliest hometown.

Other day, ambassador told our group we were 10 minutes behind
We weren't, according to my calculations, but I loved the effort and hope the practice continues in the high season. Doubtful.

tophcfa 10-20-2023 08:10 PM

Quote:

Nice positive post, May and October are probably the best months for the golf conditions. Get out and enjoy 😊

dewilson58 10-21-2023 05:21 AM

Quote:

No side-slap......snows are great!!

When crowds come, colder weather comes...............so enjoy today's weather and course conditions.

ThirdOfFive 10-21-2023 06:34 AM

Quote:

Heh. Haven't yet seen the annual Snowbird thread. Maybe this will serve...

In my opinion very few TV'ers actively resent the 'birds. The ones who do, unfortunately do make a lot of noise about it. If truth be told I'd rather play in a foursome with snowbirds. They're usually younger (and less crotchety) than a lot of Villagers, and conversations with them are usually pretty interesting.

That said....

WELCOME BACK!!

DonH57 10-21-2023 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwann (Post 2267074)
Other day, ambassador told our group we were 10 minutes behind
We weren't, according to my calculations, but I loved the effort and hope the practice continues in the high season. Doubtful.

LOL. We were told that by the ambassador last week we were fifteen minutes behind. Well, yeah. The foursome in front of us drove off two holes ago. Where have you been Pop Tart? High season coming. Be prepared for incoming on the greens! They'll no be flying thru the course now! LOL.:duck:

Rich Iwaszko 10-22-2023 07:54 AM

Courses

Agree 100%. Golf is great here........... north will be dead until May....you made the right decision to be here.........and an extra 10 or 15 minutes out of your life doesn't mean a thing.....enjoy your golf at TV........

:agree:
Quote:

Originally Posted by DonH57 (Post 2267211)
LOL. We were told that by the ambassador last week we were fifteen minutes behind. Well, yeah. The foursome in front of us drove off two holes ago. Where have you been Pop Tart? High season coming. Be prepared for incoming on the greens! They'll no be flying thru the course now! LOL.:duck:

rickaslin 10-22-2023 08:22 AM

Negative

Quote:

Nothing like turning a postive into into a negative post, nice job!!

DonH57 10-22-2023 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Iwaszko (Post 2267403)
Agree 100%. Golf is great here........... north will be dead until May....you made the right decision to be here.........and an extra 10 or 15 minutes out of your life doesn't mean a thing.....enjoy your golf at TV........

:agree:

I do enjoy. Golf does get better despite the agitation levels rising in other parts of the villages soon!:beer3:

Paul1934 10-23-2023 06:41 AM

Suggestion, use that extra 5-10 minutes waiting to fix a couple of ball marks, fill a divot hole and/or replace a rake. Will help everyone to enjoy their round. Circumstances kept this “S Bird” here for a full year and found a lot of the above ‘oversights’ regardless of the time of year.
Fairways and greens…

mrf0151 10-23-2023 07:05 AM

You're right! Played Havanna this past week and the greens were fast and tricky. Love it!!