Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Current Events and News (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/current-events-news-541/)
-   -   Charlotte ambush. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/current-events-news-541/charlotte-ambush-349713/)

Taltarzac725 04-30-2024 11:31 AM

Charlotte ambush.

Sounds like this was a bit of a mess up on someone's part. Bad tactics applied?

Stu from NYC 04-30-2024 01:02 PM

?????

Rainger99 04-30-2024 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 2326807)

Assume that you are referring to this story??

Links always help.

4 officers killed, 4 more injured in east Charlotte ambush | wcnc.com

Taltarzac725 04-30-2024 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainger99 (Post 2326841)
Assume that you are referring to this story??

Links always help.

4 officers killed, 4 more injured in east Charlotte ambush | wcnc.com

Right.

EastCoastDawg 04-30-2024 03:59 PM

Yes, tricky to keep track when there were so many "Charlotte Ambush" stories hitting the headlines today

Rainger99 04-30-2024 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastCoastDawg (Post 2326881)
Yes, tricky to keep track when there were so many "Charlotte Ambush" stories hitting the headlines today

Not everyone reads the headlines or follows the news. It was a relatively minor story in another state.

shaw8700@outlook.com 04-30-2024 06:37 PM

A tragedy . . .

Dusty_Star 04-30-2024 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaw8700@outlook.com (Post 2326927)
A tragedy . . .

I agree, a terrible tragedy

Florida Fan 04-30-2024 08:14 PM

Charlotte

Quote:

My son is a Charlotte police officer. You have absolutely no idea how this incident unfolded. I find your question irresponsible and offensive. This was the worst law enforcement tragedy in years and you want to place blame?

manaboutown 04-30-2024 08:56 PM

Quote:

The bad tactic was not having the perp locked up and behind bars. Then this would not have happened. Very sad and avoidable.

Florida Fan 04-30-2024 09:16 PM

Charlotte

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 2326967)
The bad tactic was not having the perp locked up and behind bars. Then this would not have happened. Very sad and avoidable.

Exactly. The judicial system 's version of catch & release is directly responsible for today's crime problem. Absolutely no consequences for their actions and they're learning this at an earlier age.

Southwest737 05-01-2024 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florida Fan (Post 2326960)
My son is a Charlotte police officer. You have absolutely no idea how this incident unfolded. I find your question irresponsible and offensive. This was the worst law enforcement tragedy in years and you want to place blame?

I am not a law enforcement expert but I do possess some common sense. Wouldn’t it be better to snatch up the bad guy when he is out and about instead of his barricaded house full of guns and ammo? These failures happen too often. Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it.

Marmaduke 05-01-2024 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainger99 (Post 2326896)
Not everyone reads the headlines or follows the news. It was a relatively minor story in another state.

Actually, with all due respect, it was NOT just a minor story in another state, at all.

However, people who make a choice not to be aware of current events, who are apathetic or who watch only certain networks would never have seen this tragic story as it occurred in North Carolina.

We, who are informed and those of us who 'Back the Blue' mourn for these Marshalls and for the Officers who were injured.

They were the Good Guys and we are absolutely keeping their families and fellow officers left behind, in our thoughts and our prayers.
Empathy. Compassion. Let's consider getting back to the Basics of understanding in this world of upheavel.
These were the good guys in a very fast, evolving, volitile situation.
It's all of our loss when we lose a dedicated, highly trained law enforcement officer, let alone several fine officers and it's all of our tragedy to deal with, whether we want to acknowledge it, or not.

NOT A SMALL STORY and I resent that implication. It is National News.

R.I.P.

Pat2015 05-01-2024 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainger99 (Post 2326896)

A minor story in another state? Far from a minor story, and absolutely tragic.

Girlcopper 05-01-2024 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florida Fan (Post 2326960)

Totally agree. Monday morning quarterbacking as usual. Unless you were part of the incident, you have no idea of the pre planning. Have some empathy and sympathy for the families