Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Carnivore friendly restaurant (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/carnivore-friendly-restaurant-345598/)

SteveCanada 11-21-2023 07:55 AM

Carnivore friendly restaurant

Great info on this site .. thanks to all who share !

Coming for three months to test lifestyle but we only eat carnivore

Any dinner places to try ?

Thanks all

2newyorkers 11-21-2023 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveCanada (Post 2276285)

Thanks all

Try Glenview on Monday nights for all you can eat steak and shrimp. Make reservations.

ohioshooter 11-21-2023 10:04 AM

Is there a Villages carnivore group? Thinking of starting the diet after the first.

CoachKandSportsguy 11-21-2023 05:38 PM

Quote:

Thanks all

Just remember that you are not moving here for the restaurant offerings, in any way shape or form. Just to set your expectations to the correct level.

and if you are going to be here for three months, you will get through most if not all of the better locations in the first month.

good luck!

Eg_cruz 11-21-2023 05:54 PM

Quote:

Thanks all

Almost every restaurant has some kind of meat, just like everywhere in the US

Papa_lecki 11-21-2023 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eg_cruz (Post 2276398)
Almost every restaurant has some kind of meat, just like everywhere in the US

Vegetarian only restaurants would be tough to find, but meat - easy
Just tell the server to hold the sides.

MrChip72 11-21-2023 09:11 PM

Artman's Smokehouse just outside the Villages in the North end. Their meat platter has very generous portions of a variety of different meats of your choosing.

In the south end, Willie Jewels has great smokehouse meat options as well.

ColtsFan 11-22-2023 04:24 AM

Try Oakwood Smokehouse and Grill----the one on South 441 Lady Lake, FL. It is real close to The Villages. Great BBQ, hamburgers, chicken, etc.

jacqueline larsen 11-22-2023 04:38 AM

The above plus Golden Corral on 466
(A step above most of them), Cracker Barrell Sunday fried chicken every day now. Oakwood express in Wildwood.

KjLjGooding 11-22-2023 04:44 AM

Group of carnivores

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohioshooter (Post 2276327)
Is there a Villages carnivore group? Thinking of starting the diet after the first.

Trying to get a group started in The Villages. On the Nextdoor app we’ve started a group and hope to have more members and their input. When we see enough interest we can get together for MEAT UPS! In the meantime we can share our experiences! We’ve been carnivore for over 3 months and have seen many good changes in our health. Check out the group “The Villages Carnivore Meat Up”. We look forward to meeting you.

MorTech 11-22-2023 04:44 AM

I have been low carb/high protein/saturated fat for 25 years and still at my college weight...Now I no longer eat any plants sans coffee and macadamia nuts. Plants will kill you, man.

Just avoid any unsaturated fat plant oils cuz they are worse for you than carbohydrates. Almost all restaurants use plant oil (canola/soy/vegetable/peanut) for cooking.

KjLjGooding 11-22-2023 04:51 AM

Welcome Carnivore!

Quote:

Thanks all

We eat carnivore as well. It’s difficult to find Restaurants that cater to carnivore. Yes they have steaks and meat but the question is “what are they cooked in”? Therefore most of the time we eat at home. Check out our group that is just starting on the Nextdoor app The Villages Carnivore Meat Up. Hopefully we can all get together and share the changes in our lives and health, or get together for cookouts to cook those rib eyes and socialize.

Nell57 11-22-2023 05:03 AM

If you’re coming from a state that has corn fed cows and great beef, you’ll need to lower your expectations. Florida cows graze on sandy soil grass. They don’t have the heft of northern cows, they are scrawny.
And that’s everywhere you eat in Florida, not just The Villages.
You’ll note that a lot of the comment so far are recommending rib joints.
I’ve been here 14 years. I don’t bother ordering steaks, I just wait until I’m up north.
Here’s my Dads advice. When you go in a new restaurant, order the special. That’s what they do best. Or ask the waiter for a recommendation.
You will find some restaurants you like.

Nana2Teddy 11-22-2023 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KjLjGooding (Post 2276453)
Trying to get a group started in The Villages. On the Nextdoor app we’ve started a group and hope to have more members and their input. When we see enough interest we can get together for MEAT UPS! In the meantime we can share our experiences! We’ve been carnivore for over 3 months and have seen many good changes in our health. Check out the group “The Villages Carnivore Meat Up”. We look forward to meeting you.

Is this only on NextDoor? I’m on Facebook, but not ND. Hoping for a FB group.

Babubhat 11-22-2023 06:06 AM

Orlando Dr Phillips area an hour away. Multiple premium steakhouses on Sand Lake road. Eddie V, capital grille, Ruth Chris, etc.

Berns is supreme in Tampa.

Premium Steaks in Tampa | Largest Wine Collection | Bern's Steak House