Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   HEALTHCARE DIRECTORY (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/healthcare-directory-200/)
-   -   looking for a great doctor in the villages or near the villages; issues neuropathy (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/healthcare-directory-200/looking-great-doctor-villages-near-villages-issues-neuropathy-333272/)

ramilhanna 06-27-2022 02:48 PM

looking for a great doctor in the villages or near the villages; issues neuropathy

moved in the south newer area of the villages, so looking for a general practitioner doctor, also one that specializes in neuropathy, don't like taking pills.

kittygilchrist 06-27-2022 04:39 PM

I honestly don’t know anybody who knows anybody that knows a good doctor around here. I’ve been asking for 9 years.
Sigh.

PugMom 06-28-2022 08:05 AM

it all depends on your insurance, & if Village providers accept it. if not, you will have to look outside the villages. good luck!

kathyspear 07-02-2022 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittygilchrist (Post 2110813)
I honestly don’t know anybody who knows anybody that knows a good doctor around here. I’ve been asking for 9 years.
Sigh.

What type of doctor are you looking for?

kathy

Pairadocs 07-02-2022 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittygilchrist (Post 2110813)
Sigh.

TOTALLY TOTALLY agree. It's beginning to be a serious concern of our. Pills, pills, pills no matter what, answer is always MORE pills and tests, tests, tests, for things so unrelated to the concern or complaint. One example, went for an obvious bladder infection, had all the classic symptoms. Had one many years ago, most women never forget the symptoms if they ever had one. At that time doctor knew exactly, ordered ONE test, urine of course, and prescribed antibiotic. Immediate relief. Here, so many years later, exact same symptoms, spent THREE days getting all the Rx orders filled doctor wrote for tests for everything imaginable, including a mammogram (which I rejected as I have only one place I have those), but a mammogram for what was so obviously a bladder infection with no other signs or symptoms. Some would say, "oh they are just being thorough" but I would much prefer my previous doctor before we moved here, one who went for the obvious first, and then, if symptoms did not disappear or improve greatly, would move on to more invasive tests. When they hear hoof beats here, the proceed IMMEDIATELY to Zebra's, don't even consider Horses ! Let us know if you find a skilled, knowledgeable, actual M.D. (not a "nurse practitioner" who write Rx's for pills giving at least 4-6 to everyone who comes in, even for a couple stitches !

Duke-SRT 07-07-2022 04:44 PM

Rivers family practice. Good doctors