Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   3 Year Anniversary... (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/3-year-anniversary-347796/)

JMintzer 02-17-2024 01:16 PM

3 Year Anniversary...

Today marks exactly 3 years since we closed on our home in The Villages!

I've met so many nice people, played more golf than I expected (when I'm down there) and made some wonderful friends...

Now that I've finally sold my practice, I hope to spend even more time in my southern home as we prepare to make FL our primary residence...

I can't believe how the time has flown by...

Bill14564 02-17-2024 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMintzer (Post 2302162)

I've met so many nice people, played more golf than I expected (when I'm down there) and made some wonderful friends...

Now that I've finally sold my practice, I hope to spend even more time in my southern home as we prepare to make FL our primary residence...

Happy Anniversary!!

We've been permanent here just over three years... time does fly.

Michael 61 02-17-2024 01:49 PM

Congrats on your anniversary milestone

Stu from NYC 02-17-2024 04:25 PM

If you would have given us a weeks notice would have baked you a cake.

Happy anniversary

Dusty_Star 02-17-2024 04:31 PM

I'm around my 1 year anniversary, I made the offer for the house February 3rd, it was accepted the next day, & then the 40 day countdown to closing.

John Mayes 02-17-2024 06:19 PM

Quote:

We’ve been here full time since June, 2021. Congratulations on your milestone. See you on the course.

CoachKandSportsguy 02-17-2024 06:31 PM

Quote:

Congrats! We hope to follow you in the next 18 months. .

Laker14 02-17-2024 07:11 PM

Quote:

Congrats! When I first heard of The Villages I believe it was an ad I saw on TV while watching golf, probably in the late '80s or early '90s. Didn't look like much to me, and certainly wouldn't have projected myself ever living "there"...now "here"...heh heh...Very happy to be here, and, to quote Alan Sherman..."they say we'll have some fun when it stops raining"

shaw8700@outlook.com 02-17-2024 08:36 PM

Quote:

Congratulations! Boy am I jealous!!

Velvet 02-17-2024 08:57 PM

Congratulations! Happy Anniversary… living the dream!

Bilyclub 02-17-2024 09:09 PM

Are you going to do side gigs? These hard cement pickleball courts do a number on your feet.

JMintzer 02-17-2024 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilyclub (Post 2302266)
Are you going to do side gigs? These hard cement pickleball courts do a number on your feet.

I've had a FL license since I graduated in 1984... My "plan" was to retire to FL and practice part time...

But I doubt I'll renew it this year... I'm done...

ColtsFan 02-18-2024 05:41 AM

This April 15th will be our 19 year anniversary. We have loved living here and think it has added years to our lives. We also have met so many great people and have enjoyed all of the activities and things to do....and of course my husband loves playing golf. So happy we made the move years ago.

La lamy 02-18-2024 06:16 AM

10,000 posts in 3 years while you still worked?!! Can't imagine how much more time you'll spend on TOTV now!!!

Dusty_Star 02-18-2024 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La lamy (Post 2302300)
10,000 posts in 3 years while you still worked?!! Can't imagine how much more time you'll spend on TOTV now!!!

I'll let him answer, but my guess is: he's been posting from 'up north' because he wishes he were here. Once here full time (he still has the better part of a year to go), he'll be busy being retired & we might not see as much of him. Plus, once here, he won't miss it :MOJE_whot: