Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Squatter Solution (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/squatter-solution-348624/)

retiredguy123 03-18-2024 02:26 PM

Squatter Solution

If you have a squatter in your house, you can lease your house to a squatter hunter. The squatter hunter can then legally move into your house and make life so miserable for the squatters that they will gladly move out. I think it is a great idea to solve the problem without spending months and thousands of dollars in a civil court.

Check out "Squatterhunter.com" and his YouTube videos.

BigDawgInLakeDenham 03-18-2024 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 2312816)
If you have a squatter in your house, you can lease your house to a squatter hunter. The squatter hunter can then legally move into your house and make life so miserable for the squatters that they will gladly move out. I think it is a great idea to solve the problem without spending months and thousands of dollars in a civil court.

I call my suppressors and hollow points "squatter hunters"....:boom: .......but a few decibels less

Robnlaura 03-18-2024 03:44 PM

Love that

Quote:

love that idea
watching him now

Bill14564 03-18-2024 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDawgInLakeDenham (Post 2312826)
I call my suppressors and hollow points "squatter hunters"....:boom: .......but a few decibels less

Hey Big Man - let us know when you try that …. and when the trial date is.

Stu from NYC 03-18-2024 03:53 PM

Or use a low tech method bb guns

manaboutown 03-18-2024 04:24 PM

Jesse Watters interviewed him on his show a while back I now recall.

Squatting has become a big problem lots of places. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDjsIBeRnKo

BigDawgInLakeDenham 03-18-2024 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDawgInLakeDenham (Post 2312826)

Just because I joked about it doesn't mean I was actually there and it helps to have a cleaner on call:cool::cool:

dhdallas 03-18-2024 09:52 PM

Quote:

And we care about squatters...why? Squatters are not a problem for me and doubt they ever will be. Do you have squatter problems or just worry about a lot of stuff that rarely happens to normal people?

fdpaq0580 03-18-2024 10:50 PM

Vivisection! Take them to The House of Pain!

GizmoWhiskers 03-19-2024 05:09 AM

Quote:

Sounds like a major liability calamity waiting to happen.

Many people in TV own homes elsewhere. In FL one can not take someone's homestead in a civil law suit but hey... second homes and toys now that's another story.

Bringing in a third party to make life miserable for someone needing to be evicted using the courts... yeah have fun with that lol.

MikeN 03-19-2024 05:35 AM

Is this an issue in The Villages or just a talking point?

Susan1717 03-19-2024 05:43 AM

Our great governor in Florida just passed a bill that now gives police the right to immediately remove squatters without months of attorneys and court costs. Every state should do this.

Ellwoodrick 03-19-2024 06:02 AM

Squaters Rights

Having to have had to go through (in Pennsylvania) an eviction of a squatter, 4 months, Legal Fees to go to court (above the local Magistrate had to be done by an Attorney) and property damages. This change in Florida is a God send to property owners.

See Below

chevron-right

bmcgowan13 03-19-2024 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellwoodrick (Post 2312976)
Having to have had to go through (in Pennsylvania) an eviction of a squatter, 4 months, Legal Fees to go to court (above the local Magistrate had to be done by an Attorney) and property damages. This change in Florida is a God send to property owners.

See Below

chevron-right

When did this pass?

What is the state statute?

I did not hear about this? This would be much quicker then the eviction process.

huge-pigeons 03-19-2024 06:20 AM

If I’m in a house I own, and somebody comes into my house while I’m in it or especially with my family, without my permission, isn’t it lawful to shoot them? Read the ‘castle doctrine’ or ‘stand your ground’ law. These days with criminals always having guns, I probably won’t waste time asking if they have a gun or if they are going to hurt us