Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Ferrari Golf Car (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/ferrari-golf-car-349507/)

FattyPatty 04-22-2024 03:50 PM

Ferrari Golf Car

Good afternoon all. I saw a beautiful red Ferrari golf car in the Brownwood area about a week ago. Looking to have one made and would like to hear from the owner or others on suggestions on where I could have this built. Names of custom shops would be helpful. Thanks for any help.

Topspinmo 04-22-2024 04:09 PM

You might change your mind when see cost.:wine:

tophcfa 04-22-2024 04:19 PM

Check out streetrod golf cars. Not sure if they do custom builds or just make a set portfolio of vintage carts?

Altavia 04-22-2024 05:20 PM

Ferrari Golf Cart for sale at ERclassics

manaboutown 04-22-2024 05:37 PM

Ferrari, Cobra and more extravagant custom golf carts |

villagetinker 04-22-2024 07:55 PM

Much cheaper than I expected, but it has no roof (think summer sun and sudden rain storms), it did not appear to have any way to carry golf clubs. IMHO, not a good choice for TV unless it is just for show.

Cuervo 04-24-2024 04:55 AM

I've lived here almost 13 years, when I first got here a thought, they were cute, now I don't even notice them.
It's not the cost we're only here once, but I could just imagine spending the money and two years down the road the novelty wears off.

BrianL99 04-24-2024 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuervo (Post 2324697)
I've lived here almost 13 years, when I first got here a thought, they were cute, now I don't even notice them.
It's not the cost we're only here once, but I could just imagine spending the money and two years down the road the novelty wears off.

The concept of dressing up golf carts, to look like 70-80 year old cars, grew old 25 years ago. With few exceptions, they look ridiculous and by extension, make the drivers look like 9 year olds on Christmas Eve.

Don't get me started on people who use them on the golf courses.

"Be not the first by whom the new are tried, Nor yet the last to lay the old aside." ... Alexander Pope.

Ducatigator 04-24-2024 06:36 AM

Let me know if you find a custom shop

Quote:

Originally Posted by FattyPatty (Post 2324268)
Good afternoon all. I saw a beautiful red Ferrari golf car in the Brownwood area about a week ago. Looking to have one made and would like to hear from the owner or others on suggestions on where I could have this built. Names of custom shops would be helpful. Thanks for any help.

Good morning! So I have seen the same Ferarri cart. I wanted one. I actually spoke to the owner. He bought it from a shop in California. The shop making them in Cali got a cease and desist order from Ferrari and he wanted to get rid of it quickly. So unfortunately he does not make them any more. I search used market once per week hoping to see someone selling one.

I asked a few custom shops in Florida and they said no.

C'est la vie

Good luck! Have a blessed day

Dusty_Star 04-24-2024 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altavia (Post 2324301)

This shop is in the Netherlands. Wonder what their international door to door delivery would be?

Dusty_Star 04-24-2024 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 2324335)
Much cheaper than I expected, but it has no roof (think summer sun and sudden rain storms), it did not appear to have any way to carry golf clubs. IMHO, not a good choice for TV unless it is just for show.

The Dutch one (aside from it's already sold) has a roof. It's pretty cute.

MCJEFE 04-24-2024 07:11 AM

Check out "The Villages Custom Cart Club" Group on Facebook. Ask there and see what you come up with.

I would strongly recommend not using The Villages Golf Cart man in Lake Panasoffkee. The owner is never present and frankly he needs to be medicated.

Battlebasset 04-24-2024 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 2324335)

Agree. I saw it as well, and thought the same thing.

I'm over the "custom" golf cart thing. I want it to be practical, reliable, and comfortable.

Velvet 04-24-2024 09:16 AM

These funny looking golf carts usually just startle me on the road. But some people dress up their bicycles too.

Fastskiguy 04-24-2024 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FattyPatty (Post 2324268)

Can't help you but I like where you are going. Having the same thing as everybody else is perfectly fine....but customization is also fine. I love seeing what people do with their stuff!!

Joe