Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About pets (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/)
-   -   Dog Groomer (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/dog-groomer-346168/)

Denverdame 12-16-2023 06:42 PM

Dog Groomer

Can anyone recommend a groomer, either a mobile groomer and a shop, that does a good job on large dogs? Thank you.

Spec1620 12-16-2023 09:22 PM

Groomer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denverdame (Post 2283031)
Can anyone recommend a groomer, either a mobile groomer and a shop, that does a good job on large dogs? Thank you.

Dez Sumter County Animal Hospital does a great job!

CFrance 12-17-2023 10:35 AM

I tried many a groomer for our Golden after we moved from Michigan. I finally bit the bullet and started using Woof Gang. The groomer I liked best there moved to the new Woof Gang up on 101 in that strip behind the CVS pharmacy. So I switched to Woof Gang in Brownwood. They all did a good job, but it's pricey. And you have to reserve ahead and ahead and ahead if you want to be sure to get a monthly appointment. At one point they went ahead and made a year's worth of appointments. We never missed an appointment.

After our boy got too old to stand up for grooming and they wouldn't do it anymore, the bather there would bathe him and then get down on the floor and do his paws and sanitary area. She was tiny, half his size. Boy did I tip her well.

Denverdame 12-17-2023 01:29 PM

Thank you

Denverdame 12-17-2023 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 2283199)
I tried many a groomer for our Golden after we moved from Michigan. I finally bit the bullet and started using Woof Gang. The groomer I liked best there moved to the new Woof Gang up on 101 in that strip behind the CVS pharmacy. So I switched to Woof Gang in Brownwood. They all did a good job, but it's pricey. And you have to reserve ahead and ahead and ahead if you want to be sure to get a monthly appointment. At one point they went ahead and made a year's worth of appointments. We never missed an appointment.

After our boy got too old to stand up for grooming and they wouldn't do it anymore, the bather there would bathe him and then get down on the floor and do his paws and sanitary area. She was tiny, half his size. Boy did I tip her well.

Thank you. Sounds perfect. I have a Golden too….13 years old.

CFrance 12-17-2023 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denverdame (Post 2283250)
Thank you. Sounds perfect. I have a Golden too….13 years old.

Ours was 14+, but he had a genetic neurological disease that weakened him. Woof Gang/Brownwood was wonderful with him. Denise was the bather who kept him clean and tidy after he could no longer stand long enough to be groomed. She would also take him out the back door to the car when the floor in the front was too slippery for him.