Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   The villages.net (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/villages-net-341129/)

ldj1938 05-07-2023 07:52 AM

The villages.net

Why is this the only way to access the golf schedule? There is no customer service after five pm Friday. So I have company with no access to the tee times. Why? :Screen_of_Death:

dtennent 05-07-2023 08:17 AM

The service is $8/month. Pretty cheap compared to other things for which we pay. I guess you could call a neighbor to see if they would do it for you.

OrangeBlossomBaby 05-07-2023 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtennent (Post 2215197)
The service is $8/month. Pretty cheap compared to other things for which we pay. I guess you could call a neighbor to see if they would do it for you.

Yup. You pay your amenity fee, which entitles you to free executive golf. If you want to bring a golf cart, you pay extra. If you want to schedule a tee time, you can do it only during business hours. Otherwise, you have to pay extra to use their scheduling system, which is only available online.

It's all included! You just have to jump through hoops OR pay extra to take advantage of it.

drcar 05-07-2023 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 2215208)
Yup. You pay your amenity fee, which entitles you to free executive golf. If you want to bring a golf cart, you pay extra. If you want to schedule a tee time, you can do it only during business hours. Otherwise, you have to pay extra to use their scheduling system, which is only available online.

It's all included! You just have to jump through hoops OR pay extra to take advantage of it.

Sorry you are incorrect, you can schedule tee time over the phone system free of charge 24/7. The villages.net is much faster and easier.

rustyp 05-07-2023 09:11 AM

The vast majority of tee times are made via the request portion of the automated tee time system. The Automated Tee Time System can be accessed by phone (view PDF) or through the Internet. (The Tee Time System is discussed in detail in the Golfing In The Villages brochure that is available at your local country club or in the Tee Time Office)

https://www.golfthevillages.com/tee-...TimeSystem.pdf

OrangeBlossomBaby 05-07-2023 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drcar (Post 2215224)
Sorry you are incorrect, you can schedule tee time over the phone system free of charge 24/7. The villages.net is much faster and easier.

Well then that's great news! The OP's problem is solved. I was going by what they said - that they can't get a tee time if they try customer service after 5 on Fridays. And now you're saying the tee time option is available 24/7.

Hope that helps the OP!

Jayhawk 05-07-2023 11:12 AM

/////

Bogie Shooter 05-07-2023 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhawk (Post 2215264)
/////

What he said……..:shrug:

dewilson58 05-07-2023 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldj1938 (Post 2215175)
Why is this the only way to access the golf schedule? There is no customer service after five pm Friday. So I have company with no access to the tee times. Why? :Screen_of_Death:

since december 2007.

:22yikes:

Normal 05-07-2023 12:18 PM

Old School

You can always use the phone method. It’s old school, but it still works. Make sure to pick option 3 for available slots.

drcar 05-07-2023 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 2215228)
Well then that's great news! The OP's problem is solved. I was going by what they said - that they can't get a tee time if they try customer service after 5 on Fridays. And now you're saying the tee time option is available 24/7.

Hope that helps the OP!

Yes the phone system is available 24/7, I have used it but I much prefer the internet system. It cost $8.00 per month, they are correct the office is NOT open 24/7 but it does not need to be. Plus anyone can call the course the day of play and find out about tee times. This is all explained at good golf school, which all golfing residents should attend.

BrianL99 05-07-2023 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldj1938 (Post 2215175)

Avoid aggravation.

Pick up the phone and call the course you want to play. This time of the year, getting Tee Times isn't all that hard.

I typically only play Palmer, Glenview & TDS. I called around Noon yesterday and all 3 had openings for foursomes.

Steve Foster 05-08-2023 05:33 AM

You can also call the starter shack of the course of your choice, on the day you want to play, to see if they have an open tee time for that day.

guitarguy 05-08-2023 05:56 AM

Go to “Good Golf School “.

AlanC 05-08-2023 06:01 AM

If you need to reset your password, you have to call.
That’s the issue after 5pm on Friday until Monday morning. There should be an easier way to reset password.