Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-golf-course-conditions-471/)
-   -   Best greens in TV. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-golf-course-conditions-471/best-greens-tv-303261/)

Two Bills 02-27-2020 02:45 PM

Best greens in TV.

Going home tomorrow until next November and after 3 months of trying, finally got to play Yankee Clipper this morning.
WOW!
The whole course is in tremendous condition, and the greens are as near perfect as you can get.
Was informed Southern Star was just as good.

Well done green keepers. Brilliant!:ho:

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 02-28-2020 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 1722226)
Going home tomorrow until next November and after 3 months of trying, finally got to play Yankee Clipper this morning.
WOW!
The whole course is in tremendous condition, and the greens are as near perfect as you can get.

I haven't played golf in a while due to an injury, but I used to play almost every day on almost all of the executive courses. It was my experience that the best greens in the Villages were on the Silver Lake and Orange Blossom Hills golf courses.

tophcfa 02-28-2020 11:10 AM

Best greens on Championship Golf are Tierra Del Sol and Ashley to Tori at Lopez.

NotGolfer 02-28-2020 12:40 PM

Just had to share this...when I 1st read the headline of the thread my thoughts went to "where are the best greens found in T.V."? and I was thinking of eating greens and not golfing/playing on greens. Shows one where my "thinker" is---since I don't golf. Wanted to throw this out and maybe someone will have a chuckle.

Two Bills....so safe travels for you and hope you return to us next season!!

ColdNoMore 02-28-2020 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1722528)
Best greens on Championship Golf are Tierra Del Sol and Ashley to Tori at Lopez.

I've been playing Tierra quite a bit for the last few months, played Lopez this week...and totally agree with your observation. :thumbup:

I will say though, IMHO I think Tierra's fairways have a bit more grass on average than Ashley/Torri...which seemed a bit sparse in places. :shrug:

Then again, it might be because I seem to be struggling in chipping off of tight lies (and I don't use wedges with bounce on tight lies)...which is pretty durned frustrating. :mad:

Maybe it's time to go practice using one of my hybrids to chip with...when far enough off the green?

manaboutown 02-28-2020 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotGolfer (Post 1722565)
Just had to share this...when I 1st read the headline of the thread my thoughts went to "where are the best greens found in T.V."? and I was thinking of eating greens and not golfing/playing on greens. Shows one where my "thinker" is---since I don't golf. Wanted to throw this out and maybe someone will have a chuckle.

Two Bills....so safe travels for you and hope you return to us next season!!

I was going to say Publix, no kidding.

pdp07 02-29-2020 09:55 AM

Best Greens

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1722528)

I have not played Tierra recently, but played Lopez, Ashley to Tori this week and the greens were the best I have ever played in TV.

OhioBuckeye 02-29-2020 01:01 PM

Ohiobuckeye

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 1722226)
WOW!

Yes, those 2 are 2 of my favorites, next to Palmetto.

OhioBuckeye 02-29-2020 01:06 PM

Ohiobuckeye

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr (Post 1722382)
I haven't played golf in a while due to an injury, but I used to play almost every day on almost all of the executive courses. It was my experience that the best greens in the Villages were on the Silver Lake and Orange Blossom Hills golf courses.

Yes, I played pool with you & your wife, used to. I think at one time you held a pro card in golf. Unfortunately I never got to play with you to get my butt beat! Don't live in TV anymore, live in TEXAS. Really miss TV!

bmit16 03-03-2020 06:52 AM

Yay!

NHsnow1 03-04-2020 07:48 AM

Send the greens keeper to Sweet Gum and Mangrove. They are pitiful!!!