Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Pickleball (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/pickleball-334/)
-   -   When is Pickeleball coming back? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/pickleball-334/when-pickeleball-coming-back-306007/)

1oraleejn 05-02-2020 04:31 PM

When is Pickeleball coming back?

We miss it!
Promise we will wear gloves & stay 6 ft. apart!

village dreamer 05-02-2020 04:53 PM

im going crazy , need my pickleball fix. I hope very soon.:pray::pray::pray:

dewilson58 05-02-2020 04:57 PM

I assume this is in the same bucket as softball. Too many chances for close encounters............going after the ball or trying to beat out a throw. I have seen two playing pickle on driveways.

Marvic 1 05-02-2020 09:18 PM

Maybe what we need around her are Handball courts...
Could be played alone with the hand, paddle or even a tennis racket right off the wall in situations like we have now...

CFrance 05-02-2020 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1757684)
I assume this is in the same bucket as softball. Too many chances for close encounters............going after the ball or trying to beat out a throw. I have seen two playing pickle on driveways.

Interesting you should mention that. My husband was out on the street in our villa neighborhood with a tape measure. I think this "walking with me every morning" is not cutting it.

I fear Amazon will be delivering a portable net soon.

rjn5656 05-03-2020 06:28 AM

Pickleball

Hopefully soon for them. I used to love the game, and can understand everyone wanting to get back to playing. My knees gave out so I am just enjoying golf now.

Topspinmo 05-05-2020 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvic 1 (Post 1757786)
Maybe what we need around her are Handball courts...
Could be played alone with the hand, paddle or even a tennis racket right off the wall in situations like we have now...

I agree, temped to drive to ladylake park behind library to hit off 3 walled handball courts, which by way makes prefect backboard practice. Best way to grove you’re strokes.

Some tennis hard courts do have backboard, but the are locked and the back boards are put up wrong with gaps running vertical and not horizontal and they wasted area to hit putting them foot off ground.

They get used , if you look behind the one at saddle brook bunch of pickle balls and tennis ball hung up at top from big gap.

Topspinmo 05-05-2020 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1757790)
Interesting you should mention that. My husband was out on the street in our villa neighborhood with a tape measure. I think this "walking with me every morning" is not cutting it.

I fear Amazon will be delivering a portable net soon.

I had one, I use to use in our driveway, but sold it when come down here. Still got the orange tape for the lines that came with it.

I been walking 4 miles everyday not helping me that much, but my wife loss 18 pounds, within 6 pounds of her high school weight of 103.

twoplanekid 05-10-2020 04:10 PM

Interesting video about the return of play

Marvic 1 05-10-2020 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoplanekid (Post 1762651)

How many time in this video did the Executive Director USAPA say "ahhhh", drove me crazy! ...:loco:

600th Photo Sq 05-10-2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoplanekid (Post 1762651)

This guy drove me crazy with him constantly moving his hands.

Also I noticed his hair..... looked like pretty recent haircut, reminded me of a " Big Al's " $6.00 special with the $1.00 coupon. :doggie:

Topspinmo 05-11-2020 09:49 PM

Requiring single’s with masks most stupidest thing I’ve heard to date. BS serving the you’re own ball BS also. How do they think the ball Going to get back to server? Like bowling alley?

Pballer 05-11-2020 10:28 PM

Hard to believe but they are opening tennis courts in NY this Friday, and still nothing here.

Topspinmo 05-12-2020 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pballer (Post 1763430)
Hard to believe but they are opening tennis courts in NY this Friday, and still nothing here.

Got news Distinct letter this morning, basically they are opening up everything except tennis and pickleball, including the sports shack with all the shuffleboard, horseshoes, and bocce equipment. Total BS IMO and I returned email stating so. The squeaky wheel gets greased. So 1 squeak from me.

All tennis and pickleball players need email Rohan or may not even be able to play 1st of June?

FlintFredstone 05-12-2020 09:08 AM

TV is more worried about their liability. So those of us who want to play pickleball should agree to wear a glove on one hand and sign a waiver and be able to play.