Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/helping-hands-130/)
-   -   A Needy Family (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/helping-hands-130/needy-family-250200/)

ilvgolf 11-28-2017 02:15 PM

A Needy Family

Does anyone know of a needy family that might be needing a stove, refrigerator, dishwasher and/or a microwave? I do NOT want it to be sold, I want to give it to a family that really is in need. Please email me at ilvgolf2004@yahoo.com if you know of anyone. Thank you. Found someone. thank you again.

Madelaine Amee 11-28-2017 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvgolf (Post 1482218)
Does anyone know of a needy family that might be needing a stove, refrigerator, dishwasher and/or a microwave? I do NOT want it to be sold, I want to give it to a family that really is in need. Please email me at ilvgolf2004@yahoo.com if you know of anyone. Thank you.

You could call our favorite charity The Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranch, and our local Sheriff William O. Farmer on 466 is the person in our area who heads up all their fund raising. The Ranch, itself, is made up of different "homes" which house the children in need and they maybe could use a new kitchen.

OR .... Try contacting the local Salvation Army (they have a place in Leesburg which covers Lake and Sumter) and talk to one of their top people.

Your offer is very kind and someone will be very happy to receive your kitchen.:)

graciegirl 11-28-2017 03:45 PM

Or any church Pastor/Priest/Rabbi.

Or call a local Public School.

CFrance 11-28-2017 07:46 PM

Habitat for Humanity is a good choice as well.

ColdNoMore 11-28-2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Does anyone know of a needy family that might be needing a stove, refrigerator, dishwasher and/or a microwave? I do NOT want it to be sold, I want to give it to a family that really is in need. Please email me at ilvgolf2004@yahoo.com if you know of anyone. Thank you.

Very admirable of you. :thumbup:

There are a number of small churches in the poorer areas of Wildwood/Fruitland Park/Lady Lake...that I'm sure could find appreciative recipients.

Boomer 11-28-2017 08:22 PM

When we replaced our appliances with stainless in 2014, we gave the originals to a church that fixed up area manufactured homes for families in need. The program was very well run.

I am a little embarrassed to say that I am not completely sure which church it was, but I am 99 and 44/100% sure that it was New Covenant Methodist on 466. Maybe somebody here knows if I am remembering right and if the program is still in operation.

big guy 11-28-2017 10:00 PM

A number of churches (I think) run Bargains and Blessings. There is a group that works with B & B to fix up and furnish houses for needy people. They would take the appliances and they would go directly to someone in need. They will pick up as well. They are in Wildwood on 301.

jnieman 11-28-2017 10:19 PM

Quote:

Call the school counselor at Wildwood Elementary school. She could recommend many families who would be deserving.

ilvgolf 12-11-2017 08:46 AM

Thank you all for your suggestions. I found someone who needs them.