Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/)
-   -   Black Cow delivered (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/black-cow-delivered-82346/)

Madelaine Amee 07-13-2013 05:56 AM

Black Cow delivered

A while ago someone posted the name and phone number of a person who delivers Black Cow in bulk for lawns. I have lost that information, could you post it again please, or pm me.

gomoho 07-13-2013 07:32 AM

Curious do you spread it lightly all over the lawn? what type of grass are you using it on? and what specifically does it do? Thanks

Madelaine Amee 07-13-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomoho (Post 707292)
Curious do you spread it lightly all over the lawn? what type of grass are you using it on? and what specifically does it do? Thanks

The winter damage to my lawn is really bad this year, and it is not getting any better. I usually buy a couple of bags of black cow and fill in the holes, but I need more than a couple of bags and I read that this person brings the black cow to your yard and hopefully spreads it - for a price of course!

graciegirl 07-13-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee (Post 707311)
The winter damage to my lawn is really bad this year, and it is not getting any better. I usually buy a couple of bags of black cow and fill in the holes, but I need more than a couple of bags and I read that this person brings the black cow to your yard and hopefully spreads it - for a price of course!

Betcha it is aromatic. ;)

gomoho 07-13-2013 09:46 AM

So you are using this instead of topsoil to fill in the dead spots? I love black cow and never thought to use it for this, but could definitely see the benefit. Thanks for the tip.

Mikeod 07-13-2013 12:38 PM

Interesting. I was talking to the guy who was replacing sod at my neighbor's house and mentioned I used topsoil to fill in gaps in my zoysia. He advised to use sand instead as the topsoil could bring weeds into the lawn. He said to use play sand or the sandy fill they use around here.

rayschic 07-13-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee (Post 707259)
A while ago someone posted the name and phone number of a person who delivers Black Cow in bulk for lawns. I have lost that information, could you post it again please, or pm me.

You can probably order directly from Black Kow. Looks like they are located in Oxford.

Black Kow - About Us

kittygilchrist 07-13-2013 03:09 PM

If anyone wants some fill, I have a planter full of fill that needs to be removed. No charge. approx. 1-2 cubic yards. I've heard it called it "sanding in" to spread the yard, and assume rain and water will cause it to erode to low spots a lot like...filling a divot.