Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Residential Cellular Booster Recommendations (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/residential-cellular-booster-recommendations-314854/)

KsJayhawkers 01-09-2021 10:09 AM

Residential Cellular Booster Recommendations

We just moved into our home south of 44 and our AT&T cellular reception is non-existent in most rooms and maybe one-bar in the living room. We strictly use our AT&T mobile hotspot for our Internet and television streaming needs. We have a WeBoost mobile cellular booster that works really well in our Motorhome and I was curious if anyone has installed a cellular booster inside their home. Since most of the homes are built with concrete blocks, I was unsure if there was a solution. Switching carriers would be a last resort of ours since we have a great grandfathered data plan.

charlieo1126@gmail.com 01-09-2021 10:54 AM

When I first moved to fenney service was almost nonexistent like some I was ready to get a landline , but someone told me to scroll down to call WiFi I never dropped another call when the tower came on line I shut it off . If you do use the call WiFi when you finally get a good tower connection shut it off because it will start interacting with your tower signal

villagetinker 01-09-2021 10:55 AM

Call AT&T and complain about service then ask them for a free solution, there have been several previous reports of various carriers providing free mini hot spots or boosters. Hope this helps.

biker1 01-09-2021 11:30 AM

AT&T sunsetted their "Microcell" box. This was a box that created a small cellular zone in your house and then routed the calls through the internet via your router. I believe the reason they subsetted it is because most cellphones now support "Wi-Fi calling". If you enable this on your phone then your calls will essentially be Voice-over-IP calls routed through your wireless router. You should see "5 bars".

Quote:

Originally Posted by KsJayhawkers (Post 1884548)
We just moved into our home south of 44 and our AT&T cellular reception is non-existent in most rooms and maybe one-bar in the living room. We strictly use our AT&T mobile hotspot for our Internet and television streaming needs. We have a WeBoost mobile cellular booster that works really well in our Motorhome and I was curious if anyone has installed a cellular booster inside their home. Since most of the homes are built with concrete blocks, I was unsure if there was a solution. Switching carriers would be a last resort of ours since we have a great grandfathered data plan.