Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Championship Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/championship-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-473/)
-   -   Evans Prairie is Back (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/championship-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-473/evans-prairie-back-349605/)

dewilson58 04-26-2024 11:25 AM

Evans Prairie is Back

Played this morning

Definitely on the road to recovery.

The course is back.

A lot of time and effort by the crews have revived the place.

Back on the rotation list.

Shipping up to Boston 04-26-2024 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 2325566)
Played this morning

The course is back.

Insert Pure Prairie League .... “That changes everything again” track here

golfing eagles 04-26-2024 01:59 PM

Quote:

Played this morning

The course is back.

Shhhhhhhh! We don't want everyone to know:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Shipping up to Boston 04-26-2024 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 2325593)

Welcome back GE

Stu from NYC 04-26-2024 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 2325593)

So where did it go during its away time? Disneyworld?

tophcfa 04-26-2024 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2325652)
So where did it go during its away time? Disneyworld?

Disrepairworld.

golfwizard40 04-27-2024 09:48 PM

Played Palmer and it’s looking really good.

Rwirish 04-28-2024 05:44 AM

Played it as well. Improved but still a ways to go.

Good thing El Niño is over.

golfing eagles 04-28-2024 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rwirish (Post 2325866)
Played it as well. Improved but still a ways to go.

Good thing El Niño is over.

Was that a reference to this year's "version" of El Nino that devastated Havana but not Mallory, hit Evans hard but not Bonifay????? Shall I go on????? The only thing that is over is using El Nino as an excuse for poor course maintenance.

Shipping up to Boston 04-28-2024 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 2325876)
Was that a reference to this year's "version" of El Nino that devastated Havana but not Mallory, hit Evans hard but not Bonifay????? Shall I go on????? The only thing that is over is using El Nino as an excuse for poor course maintenance.

Correct

guitarguy 04-28-2024 06:39 AM

Maintenance may have played a small role in course conditions this winter. But to dismiss the lack of sunshine and cool temperatures is akin to placing your head in the sand. Bermuda grass is a hot weather grass that can survive many winter conditions, but not all. The newly developed Bermuda types are much better at this.

Shipping up to Boston 04-28-2024 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarguy (Post 2325889)
Maintenance may have played a small role in course conditions this winter. But to dismiss the lack of sunshine and cool temperatures is akin to placing your head in the sand. Bermuda grass is a hot weather grass that can survive many winter conditions, but not all. The newly developed Bermuda types are much better at this.

Not to stoke the thread....but what explains other courses with similar layouts and uses across FL, that are in superior condition? Does the weather discriminate only TV?! Of course it plays a role but believing it has more of an impact than course maintenance (given some are under USGA monitoring) would be ‘placing your head in the sand’!

thelegges 04-28-2024 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston (Post 2325894)
Not to stoke the thread....but what explains other courses with similar layouts and uses across FL, that are in superior condition? Does the weather discriminate only TV?! Of course it plays a role but believing it has more of an impact than course maintenance (given some are under USGA monitoring) would be ‘placing your head in the sand’!

Have been playing in & out of the bubble for more than 15 years, some courses are always mediocre at best. Better courses have had some issues but not to the extent of in TV.

Will say since 2007 I only remember a few times when a course was unplayable in TV, until this past year.

What outside courses are you playing that are in superior condition. Since I come from MI, I can’t compare any course to playing Oakland Hills, when I play in TV. I try to play 6 days a week 2 out of TV.

Heading to EP this morning, hoping Havana will be open soon

Shipping up to Boston 04-28-2024 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelegges (Post 2325917)
Have been playing in & out of the bubble for more than 15 years, some courses are always mediocre at best. Better courses have had some issues but not to the extent of in TV.

Will say since 2007 I only remember a few times when a course was unplayable in TV, until this past year.

What outside courses are you playing that are in superior condition. Since I come from MI, I can’t compare any course to playing Oakland Hills, when I play in TV. I try to play 6 days a week 2 out of TV.

Heading to EP this morning, hoping Havana will be open soon

Apologies, other courses are ‘superior’ to conditions constantly posted on these threads about TV. I know many like to use ‘pristine’, but it’s ambiguous and better used to describe beaches

Rich Iwaszko 04-28-2024 08:23 AM

Amazing

It's kind of odd that courses are getting in better condition once the grass starts growing again. It's a miracle!!!! I think this will continue until the grass goes dormant again in the winter. Enjoy the moments...........

Quote:

Played this morning

The course is back.