Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Television (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/)
-   -   Three Pines — New Binge-Worthy Series based on Louise Penny’s Inspector Gamache Books (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/three-pines--new-binge-worthy-series-based-louise-pennys-inspector-gamache-books-337365/)

Boomer 12-12-2022 08:24 AM

Three Pines — New Binge-Worthy Series based on Louise Penny’s Inspector Gamache Books

Last night, we found Three Pines on Amazon Prime.

The series started on December 2 and drops 2 episodes each Friday. We watched the first two last night and I am happy to report that the murder was solved by the end, although a second mystery was left to learn more about (I think) in future episodes. (I don’t like it when it takes an entire season to solve one murder, like a lot of series do. This one did not. It took only about 2 hours.)

Three Pines is the fictional name of the small town in Canada that is the setting for Louise Penny’s popular mystery series with Inspector Gamache.

Ironically, just last week, I was looking for my next Audible listen and had decided to start Penny’s series because I have heard so much about it.

The first book of the series is Still Life. The most recent is A World of Curiosities which came out in November, and I think that one is number 18.

I liked Three Pines and I especially liked the character Inspector Gamache. Today, I will download Still Life on Audible and start listening while I try to get some work done around the house.

Boomer

JoelJohnson 12-12-2022 08:55 AM

Great show! Can't wait for next season.

Two Bills 12-12-2022 09:17 AM

Thanks for heads-up. Will give it a try.

PS. Midsomer Murders will be back with a new series when the have repopulated the village and surrounding areas!:icon_wink:

Keefelane66 12-12-2022 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 2165606)

The series started on December 2 and drops 2 episodes each Friday. We watched the first two last night and I am happy to report that the murder was solved by the end, although a second mystery was left to learn more about (I think) in future episodes. (I don’t like it when it takes an entire season to solve one murder, like a lot of series do. This one did not. It took only about 2 hours.)

Three Pines is the fictional name of the small town in Canada that is the setting for Louise Penny’s popular mystery series with Inspector Gamache.

Ironically, just last week, I was looking for my next Audible listen and had decided to start Penny’s series because I have heard so much about it.

The first book of the series is Still Life written in 2005. The most recent is A World of Curiosities which came out in November, and I think that one is number 18.

I liked Three Pines and I especially liked the character Inspector Gamache. Today, I will download Still Life on Audible and start listening while I try to get some work done around the house.

Boomer

Good luck with you audible journey
Inspector Gamache (Three Pines) Series (Books 1-15 audible journey

Thanks for the recommendations

bsloan1960 12-12-2022 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 2165606)

The first book of the series is Still Life written in 2005. The most recent is A World of Curiosities which came out in November, and I think that one is number 18.

Boomer

Thank You. Watched the trailer- going to check it out