Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Lots of reasons to get shot, but this not one of them (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/lots-reasons-get-shot-but-not-one-them-229200/)

Topspinmo 02-05-2017 08:13 AM

Lots of reasons to get shot, but this not one of them

On news this morning, desperate thief's stealing Diapers from Walmart. Walmart employee chasing them out of the store, bystander jumps in and eventually shoots one of the suspects. Got ask is Diapers really worth it? If I worked at Walmart and someone said go after them, I say you go after them I don't get paid enough to get shot at or killed.

Ok, flame away and have your fun. :bowdown:

stan the man 02-05-2017 08:23 AM

Not worth a replay

Daddymac 02-05-2017 09:16 AM

Lesson here. Don't steal

Taltarzac725 02-05-2017 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1356250)
On news this morning, desperate thief's stealing Diapers from Walmart. Walmart employee chasing them out of the store, bystander jumps in and eventually shoots one of the suspects. Got ask is Diapers really worth it? If I worked at Walmart and someone said go after them, I say you go after them I don't get paid enough to get shot at or killed.

Ok, flame away and have your fun. :bowdown:

Witness shoots diaper theft suspect at Florida Walmart, police...

Just wanted to put in a link.

redwitch 02-05-2017 11:55 AM

What a sad, ugly story. Sounds like the diaper thieves were truly bad guys considering the car involved was gotten in a carjacking incident. Even so, I have so many questions about the shooter. I can understand getting involved in an incident where someone is being harmed in a parking lot, but to help security chase down shoplifters? Sorry, I don't get that. Wish we had more facts. Things just don't add up.

rivaridger1 02-05-2017 11:58 AM

I have to admit I do not understand what the original poster's point might be. One off several thieves was shot and killed stealing store merchandise after an individual assisted a store employee in confronting them and felt threatened by their actions. A "THIEF was shot. And ????

Taltarzac725 02-05-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 1356388)
What a sad, ugly story. Sounds like the diaper thieves were truly bad guys considering the car involved was gotten in a carjacking incident. Even so, I have so many questions about the shooter. I can understand getting involved in an incident where someone is being harmed in a parking lot, but to help security chase down shoplifters? Sorry, I don't get that. Wish we had more facts. Things just don't add up.

I got the same feeling too Redwitch. Maybe, there will be more facts in this matter. Why would four men need diapers so urgently? I am watching "The Ladykillers" which has two villains with Irritable Bowel Syndrome one of whom gets the runs at the most inopportune moments. Maybe, this was an IBS support group needing adult diapers? Just trying to put in a little humor.

karostay 02-05-2017 12:27 PM

:BigApplause:

Bogie Shooter 02-05-2017 02:25 PM

I would like to know more about this guy that whipped out his gun and started shooting.................

BobnBev 02-06-2017 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1356483)
I would like to know more about this guy that whipped out his gun and started shooting.................

Have to wonder if it was George Zimmerman.:shrug:

golfing eagles 02-06-2017 10:18 AM

I'm very much a law and order guy, but shoplifting gets punished by restitution and probation or short county jail stay, not execution by bystander.

Taltarzac725 02-06-2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1356770)
I'm very much a law and order guy, but shoplifting gets punished by restitution and probation or short county jail stay, not execution by bystander.

There might have been something else going on here?

Bogie Shooter 02-06-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1356776)
There might have been something else going on here?

Shooter has already said " he was reaching for something....I thought it was a gun".

ejp52 02-07-2017 11:12 PM

Once the bullet leaves the gun ,you own any results from said bullet.
Yes I support concealed carry,but,this seems on face value over reaction. Just my humble opinion.

rivaridger1 02-08-2017 08:50 AM

Exactly where is the line to be drawn ? What " Crime " deserves what reaction ? Remember we are addressing crime and deliberate conscious acts. Suppose an unarmed 250 pound man and walks up to 110 pound senior lady and say "Give me your purse ". Is it an over reaction if she is armed and shoots that individual ? He is unarmed and simply directed her to hand over her purse. What if you come home some night and burglars are carrying out your big screen and they ignore your direction to cease that activity ? Instead of your big screen, what if it is something you have worked hard all your life to obtain and it can not be replaced ? Please explain when any " criminal " appears to be " reaching for something " why you should not react accordingly. Please also explain why there is a difference in this circumstance between a shoplifter, mugger, rapist, arsonist, murderer, racketeer, etc. If the answer is, there should be no reaction to a " non-violent " crime, do not all " nonviolent crimes " have the potential to turn violent when the criminal is confronted ? Is the answer to never confront anyone committing a non-violent crime ? What a wonderful society we would enjoy in that event.