Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Realtors, Mortgage & Property Management Companies (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/realtors-mortgage-property-management-companies-261/)
-   -   Real Estate Appraiser? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/realtors-mortgage-property-management-companies-261/real-estate-appraiser-251453/)

seminolefan1 12-27-2017 06:20 PM

Real Estate Appraiser?

Who knows of a good real estate appraiser?

Mrs. Robinson 12-28-2017 01:46 AM

Exactly what is the reason for the appraisal?
That would be helpful in getting a more direct answer.
Perhaps you really don't even need to pay an appraiser???

Bogie Shooter 12-28-2017 02:20 PM

Zillow: Real Estate, Apartments, Mortgages & Home Values

GoodLife 12-28-2017 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1496273)

Zillow "zestimates" for property values are pretty much garbage. They use a computer algorithm that does not take into account things like view and expensive upgrades. They do not actually look at the property in person.

If you want an accurate valuation hire a licensed property appraiser. I rank the three main sources as follows, with Zillow a distant third.

1. Licensed property appraiser
2. Licensed Realtor
3. Zillow zestimate

retiredguy123 12-28-2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodLife (Post 1496338)
Zillow "zestimates" for property values are pretty much garbage. They use a computer algorithm that does not take into account things like view and expensive upgrades. They do not actually look at the property in person.

If you want an accurate valuation hire a licensed property appraiser. I rank the three main sources as follows, with Zillow a distant third.

1. Licensed property appraiser
2. Licensed Realtor
3. Zillow zestimate

Personally, I would not pay money just to get a professional appraisal. An experienced realtor should be able to tell you the market value for free.

manaboutown 12-28-2017 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1496446)
Personally, I would not pay money just to get a professional appraisal. An experienced realtor should be able to tell you the market value for free.

If you want a mortgage you will need an appraisal. Again, without knowing the reason or purpose of this request...

retiredguy123 12-28-2017 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 1496449)
If you want a mortgage you will need an appraisal. Again, without knowing the reason or purpose of this request...

I agree, but I don't think a mortgage lender will let you hire your own appraiser. So, if the OP is looking to pay an appraiser just to find out the value of a property, I think they would be wasting their money.

Mrs. Robinson 12-29-2017 01:08 AM

Lenders have their own appraisers which they use on an ongoing basis.
The buyer will pay for that appraisal, of course, and most of the time the buyer will not know the exact particulars of the appraiser's findings.
The buyer will only know if the property appraised or didn't.
In the meantime, the OP has not come back to post any information, so who knows???